Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? (4271 Views)

9th NASS: APC Chiefs In Game Of Wits / Buhari To Decide Next Senate President For Us - Omo-agege / Oshiomohole Anoints Akume, Next Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by senatordave1(m): 9:13am On Feb 28, 2019
I think omo agege should get it,Ahmed lawan or goje will be deputy.speaker should go to nkeiruka onyejeocha from abia.
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by zlantanfan: 9:14am On Feb 28, 2019
Afamed:

You want to eat your cake and have it? Is that your definition of smartness
Pls can you stop explaining to him, can't you see he knows nothing to even make the permutation of atiku winning, he doesn't even know how many seats APC won in senate
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 28, 2019
zlantanfan:
lol, you know nothing about politics, I am Edo, APC existed on 3 groups (CPC, acn, npdp) Npdp weren't given stake so they left, its always been controlled by CPC and acn groups.

Buhari has enjoyed his CPC stake and they allow him his time, buhari also doesn't involve much in party decision which ACN group largely dictates.

Oshomole is a founder with tinubu from acn stalk and tinubu controls party decision (even appointment of oshomole as chairman ).

After buhari finishes 2023 he would back up osinbajo in the north while he appoints a vice for yemi.

Their is a reason tinubu co-chairs buhari campaign and was allowed to pick the vice president.

Oshomole would take make party decision from acn block, buhari block was only concerned about presidency
lies

Tinubu is now very useless, you people don't know oshiomole.

You ever wonder why osinbanjo weren't present in buhari meetings? He didn't even go to aso Rock to celebrate but oshiomole and obaseki were there

The sooner you realised tinubu was used the better
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by Afamed: 9:19am On Feb 28, 2019
Donmedra:
lies

You ever wonder why osinbanjo weren't present in buhari meetings? He didn't even go to aso Rock to celebrate but oshiomole and obaseki were there

Lad, take a seat, from your posts, it has shown you know nothing about politics.
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by zlantanfan: 9:21am On Feb 28, 2019
Donmedra:
that's what I'm saying, we deliver two senate seats for PDP and we are likely to get the minority whip too.

If APC is smart,they should give the deputy senate seats to Edo people
oga PDP won Edo south and Edo central, you don't know politics,

This is not state affair, APC already gave the national chairmanship to Edo state from (Edo north) it is impossible for any SP or DSP, to go to same Edo state from (Edo North).

These positions are a national zoning formula included in the party including its chairmanship position.

If it would go to ss it omo agege would get it b4 alimekhena based on oshomole enjoying a major position already
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by homesteady(m): 9:22am On Feb 28, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Without any argument and for peace to reign in 9th assembly, they should nominate senate President from northwest. They should also give omoagege deputy senate. Edo don't deserve anything from this government even if buhari will chose his minister,he should give minister of state to Edo.

But why? Didn't Buhari get a lot of votes from Edo State?
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by adem30: 9:31am On Feb 28, 2019
zlantanfan:
The combo is good, but orji kalu should get something.

Lol, I imagine agege as sp (rugged man)

Yes, we need a rugged loyalists
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by homesteady(m): 9:31am On Feb 28, 2019
Donmedra:
lies

Where is this your Obaseki idea coming from? It's just too random.
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by zlantanfan: 9:32am On Feb 28, 2019
senatordave1:
I think omo agege should get it,Ahmed lawan or goje will be deputy.speaker should go to nkeiruka onyejeocha from abia.
If omo agege gets it i don't think the south would also produce speaker.

My realistic position is that lawan would get it (since the party rooted for him b4) omo agege/kalu would assist him.

Femi would be speaker and a north assist (Nkiruka is only following kalu to rub off on herself, she can quit any time)
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by zlantanfan: 9:39am On Feb 28, 2019
adem30:

Yes, we need a rugged loyalists
lol, but I don't think a lawan may be too happy, he worked so much on it last time, he still has many apc senators who pused with him,

i believe its the same party leaders that choosed him to compensate north east for its ever huge support.

Northeast loosing atiku presidency but still giving buhari second highest vote would secure lawan position cos the region has been marginalized.
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by ayomilore: 9:40am On Feb 28, 2019
Omo agege my man the slayer of Saraki and his jagajaga suspension.
He is the incoming DSP.
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by BabangidaHamza(m): 10:10am On Feb 28, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Without any argument and for peace to reign in 9th assembly, they should nominate senate President from northwest. They should also give omoagege deputy senate. Edo don't deserve anything from this government even if buhari will chose his minister,he should give minister of state to Edo.
Even though am frm Northwest Kano state to be precise it would be biased to choose a SP from NW i prefer the SP to be from NE or NC then the DSP from SS.. In my opinion, Ali Ndume should be SP and Davie Omo Agege should be DSP
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by ignis: 11:19am On Feb 28, 2019
Anybody but Roaches Okorohausa
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by ktmoore: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2019
Jentle244:
With the conduct of last Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly elections and the results declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the next stage of battle would be who becomes number three citizen of the country.

Senate
In the next couple of weeks and months, the nation would be saturated with stories and permutations as to who emerges the President of the Senate of the 9th National Assembly come June 8th, 2019.

Following the results released by INEC after the National Assembly election, the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress, APC has the highest number of both new and old senators, with a total number of sixty-four Senators.

The opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has a total of forty Senators, the Young Progressive Party, YPP has one Senator, bringing that to a total of one hundred and five Senators, with four yet to be declared in Imo, Taraba and Plateau States.

In determining who becomes the Presiding officers, this brings us to the factor that the Senate Rule allows only a ranking senator to be selected for this purpose and being that the APC has the majority, the candidate may come from within its caucus.

Another determining factor for clinching the position of Senate President is that out of 109 Senators, the person who has the highest number of votes becomes Senate President.

Top of the list of those believed to be in the contest is the present Senate leader, Senator Ahmad Lawan, APC, Yobe North who was picked for the position by the APC caucus prior to the emergence of the Present Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki in 2015.

Senator Lawan who is loved by his colleagues, is seen as one who is well prepared for the position against the backdrop that in 2015, the North West Senators had adopted him as their preferred candidate for the position and the former Senate President, Senator David Mark had preferred him to Senator George Akume who was also interested then.

He is about the highest-ranking legislator in the Senate having been elected to the House of Representatives in 1999.

Another thing that would work in his favour is that in Yobe State where he comes from, other Senators are coming as fresh ones and age is also on his side, and he has the energy, vigour, and experience, just as a former contender for the position, Senator Akume has been kicked out of the Senate and will not be at the 9th Senate.

Another Senator who has been interested and still very much interested is former governor of Nasarawa State, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, Nasarawa West, and age may not be on his side as he is now seventy-two years and came to the Senate in 2011. What may work for him is that in his state, other Senators – elect are new especially with the coming of the present governor, Tanko Almakura.

The former Senate leader, Senator Ali Ndume, Borno South is also said to be eying the position.

It was gathered that the South-South would produce the Deputy Senate President and with the calculations, the present deputy Chief Whip, Senator Francis Alimikhena, APC, Edo North is most suitable for the position following his experience, age and having served as a principal officer, he is already equipped for the position.

Though from the South-South, Senator Ovie Omo- Agege, Delta Central was reelected, he would be adequately compensated for being a very loyal supporter of President Muhammadu Buhari with a very juicy committee to chair.

I strongly believe Kano will want that position considering the input made during the election...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by IbukunSangotola(m): 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ijeshaooduaman:
Omo-agege or any south south man.

My opinion.
O like Omo Mushin
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by Babacele: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2019
HimName:
APC should give it to Dino Melaye. grin

Oshomole would rather sell off his properties and commit suicide than to live and see it happen.

The guy show am pepper grin
if we no cancel Dino's election ba? He isn't even free yet
. Very soon na ,you would see him moving behind the scene to beg for forgiveness and survival.
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by senatordave1(m): 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
zlantanfan:
If omo agege gets it i don't think the south would also produce speaker.

My realistic position is that lawan would get it (since the party rooted for him b4) omo agege/kalu would assist him.

Femi would be speaker and a north assist (Nkiruka is only following kalu to rub off on herself, she can quit any time)

You are right about nkiruka.am afraid dogara might still emerge speaker
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by zlantanfan: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2019
senatordave1:

You are right about nkiruka.am afraid dogara might still emerge speaker
I don't think that would happen, dogara only got benefit from the new PDP as cushioned by saraki.

Oyegun wasn't smart and allowed them time to plan with PDP.

This time does that betrayed the party for dogara like jubril have all learnt lessions, the new PDP moles are off, oshomole knows the game
Re: Who Is Next Senate President As Battle Of Wits Begins? by gbolah1(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2019
From the look of things, Hamed lawan is the anointed next senate precedent while femi gbajabiamila is the next speaker.
I doubt if they will want to use omoagege as deputy senate president because of his character but nothing his impossible.
Okorocha n oji uzo kalu can not be senate president because they are first timer, n it's in the senate rule to choose leaders from the person that has experience from the house ruling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Driver And The Cook Of Late Afenifere Daughter Narrated How She Was Killed / Full List Of Obaseki's Cabinet Members That Left Him Before The Election / Breeze Done Blow Pst Yansh (photo) He reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.