Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,180 members, 7,835,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku (526 Views)

Prof Mahmood Yakubu Conducted The Worst Election In Nigeria History - Wikipedia / US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential / Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by actiondrilling: 7:16am On Feb 28, 2019
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in last Saturday’s election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has described the poll conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the worst he has seen in 30 years, vowing to retrieve his mandate.

The Chairman of INEC, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, had in the early hours of yesterday declared the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), President Muhammadu Buhari, as the winner of the contest having polled a total of 15,191,847 votes to Atiku’s 11,262,978 votes.

But, while addressing a press conference yesterday in Abuja, Atiku noted that democracy is the government of the people and by the people only when the people’s choice prevails, saying that did not happen last Saturday.

The former vice president stressed that the Election Day witnessed the implementation of grand theft of the people’s will, adding: “I am not one for hyperbole, so I will just let the facts speak for themselves.”

Atiku explained that in Akwa Ibom for instance, the result showed a statistical impossibility of a 62 per cent drop in voter numbers from the 2015 elections even where voter registration and PVC collection rate were much higher in 2015.

According to him, “This is why voter suppression took place. You must recall, our party made this observation and complain before the elections that there were plans to implement voter suppression on PDP or opposition’s strongholds in voter increase in APC strongholds.”

Atiku lamented that this pattern was repeated in strongholds of PDP including in states like Delta, Rivers, Abia and Benue.

He stated: “As this was occurring, we saw another statistical impossibility where the real numbers tallied increased astronomically in Borno State by an almost miraculous 82 per cent in the midst of insecurity.

“This pattern was also repeated in other strongholds of the APC states. One begins to ask if insecurity is conduits to higher voter turnout and security is antithetical to high voter turnout. It is further curious that the PDP’s margin of victory in state outside the South-east and South-south were extremely slim across board. That again is a statistical impossibility.

“The fact is that when you calmly look at the numbers declared by INEC as results of February 23, 2019 elections, they do not add up at all. Let me say that I am not speaking as a member of PDP, I am speaking as a Nigerian when I said the electoral fraud perpetuated by the Buhari administration this past Saturday cannot produce a government of the people for the simple reason that it does not reflect the will of the Nigerian people.

“I told Gen. Abdulsalami two nights ago when he called me that not even the military conducted such a worst election. This is a long journey but I am confident of victory. All hope is not lost, stay strong. By the grace of God, we shall triumph.

“As I have always said, this year, is my three decades in Nigeria’s struggle for democracy. And this is the worst election in those 30 years.

“My dear Nigerians, it is for this reason that I Atiku Abubakar reject the result declared by the INEC, which declared Muhammadu Buhari as duly returned by the majority of the lawful votes.”

Atiku noted that he was conferring with not just his party but also Nigerian people on the next step, which would be revealed to the public shortly.

The former vice president, however, appealed to Nigerians to remain calm and steadfast, saying Rome was not built in a day.

He said the party has the real figures and the facts that have spoken so loudly on Saturday.

He added: “To the international investors and friends of Nigeria now pulling out of the country, can you imagine only yesterday, by that mere announcement, the stock market, lost N85bn. I urge you to be patient and keep faith with the Nigerian people.

“Your problem is not with the Nigerian people; your quarrel is with those who stole their mandate. Please do not punish the people by divesting from Nigeria.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/02/this-is-worst-election-in-30-years-says.html

Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by oyebanji44: 7:17am On Feb 28, 2019
grin grin Atiku .A colossal failure

1 Like

Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by Samirana360(m): 7:22am On Feb 28, 2019
I concur
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by Justpd: 7:22am On Feb 28, 2019
Simple truth
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by Justpd: 7:26am On Feb 28, 2019
Atiku we are with you on this. Those stupid leprous infected fucktards who voted buhari and those who aided in the rigging must all feel the wrath of boko haram.

I won't pity them again.
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by danot1030: 7:36am On Feb 28, 2019
To Atiku because he lost despite all the massive rigging for him in South South and South East.

Thank God the international observers who earlier anticipated victory for him and showed him sign of support adjudged the election to be free and fair, that's why he has not been calling their attention as he and pdp would have ordinarily done.
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by internationalman(m): 7:41am On Feb 28, 2019
We know that the winning goal was clearly an offside goal but just like GEJ you still have to congratulate the winner...

But please don't think of contesting again 2023 coz by then u will be close to eighty..

1 Like

Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by Babzrockman: 7:44am On Feb 28, 2019
U need not only swords in the war front.. APC does it better
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by haffaze777(m): 7:50am On Feb 28, 2019
This stupid man should please shut the fuc.k up
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by helinues: 7:51am On Feb 28, 2019
A butcher man wouldn't want a knife get too close to his hair not to talk of throats.

Same system that worked for Pdp in their 16 years reigns have suddenly become useless..
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by BuhariAdvocate: 7:53am On Feb 28, 2019
Congratulations to tribunal, money must make.But let assume atiku advisers were selfish what about his wives? They are also selfish? Even his children's couldn't convince him to not go tribunal is a energy and money waste .if Atiku is my father I will make sure I stop him from contest for President not even talk on going tribunal after lost election.
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by OldBeer: 7:54am On Feb 28, 2019
What of the one in 2003 and 2006 when you were veepee?

Sore loser grin grin
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by freebloke: 7:55am On Feb 28, 2019
Naija election na rig your own and I rig my own, if you fit over-rig the other rigger na you go win.
PDP rig for dia own side, APC rig for dia own side. So the person wey him own rigging skills beat him opponent na him go carry the day. So Atiku and PDP should up dia game next time and rig beta.
Bitter truth... APC and PDP na rigging machinery dem be. grin grin cool cool
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by zlantanfan: 7:57am On Feb 28, 2019
I hope 2003, 2007, 2011 elections didn't make up those 30 years. Most of which you presided and benefited loot from
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by Jakumo(m): 8:01am On Feb 28, 2019
May I respectfully suggest to election loser Mr. Ateefu, that he can go phuck himself. The party is over, yet that fugitive from US justice is still stumbling among the tables, feverishly downing the last few drops of beer from empty bottles. Go home, Mr. Ateefu, you horrid little man.

Thank you and God breast Nigeria.
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by Chikpat(m): 8:01am On Feb 28, 2019
Atiku grin grin grin grin

O sino gini?

Ana ako nu!

Onye daara ada, adago
Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by Ades1234(m): 8:15am On Feb 28, 2019
Some commentator here are really children, they have not experience any election b4na, that's y they believe in lies , atiku is lying, the year election is bit violent free compare to some years ago, how can he say such thing, 2007 election and even 2003 election was so bloody, a lot of people died and he was one of them that perpetrated it then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Worst Election In 30 Years Says Atiku by iezeiyida(m): 8:56am On Feb 28, 2019
Atiku is saying the truth but he is being ignored and attacked with all sort of bad words, just bcoz he wasn't declared the winner�☹️ Most people always ally with any person or thing who is succeeding, in whatever way. #NotjustOk

(1) (Reply)

Police Officers Open Fire At Youths Of Khana LGA, While Defending Their Votes / INEC Should Have A Rethink And Issue Me My Certificate Of Return - Okorocha / Etinosa: I’ll Not Cut My Live Video Because Somebody Decided To Go Naked – MC Ga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.