Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General (15026 Views)

EFCC Detains Akeredolu’s Finance Commissioner, Wale Akinterinwa / EFCC Detains Osita Okechukwu, Probes ₦1.3 Billion Fraud / Ex-Abia Finance Commissioner, Oriaku 'Dancing Naked In Market Square', By Nnamdi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by Abeyjide: 9:07am On Feb 28, 2019
unitysheart:
Interesting. 1 billion?
yes just few days to election.
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by Bimpe29: 9:08am On Feb 28, 2019
I saw it coming. The duo will surely be in perpetual soup of prosecution because of the dirty jobs they do for their paymaster, whose overbearing influence has made them do things without the knowledge and approval of a puppet governor, AbdulFatah Ahmed.

Bukola Saraki has been a curse to the good people of Kwara since 2003.

Alihamdulillah as we are being liberated from his shackles now.
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by Abeyjide: 9:13am On Feb 28, 2019
surevik:
No be Buhari again... All those that stood against him must be harrased weather innocent or not. Heartless man. Only God will judge all his supporters

when the governor collected 1billion few days to election. common reason well
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by surevik(f): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2019
All party governors contributed to their party election with their state fund.
Abeyjide:

when the governor collected 1billion few days to election. common reason well
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by JFT24(m): 9:32am On Feb 28, 2019
Donmedra:
APC committing the same mistake
W@ mistake exactly? ure too daft
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by imam07: 9:33am On Feb 28, 2019
LiveByNight:

Rule 2

cc ;Lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique, fynestboi Seun

Better to go to court.
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by lomprico(m): 9:34am On Feb 28, 2019
Two bullion vans was seen entering tinubu's house. How far?
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by highbee02: 10:18am On Feb 28, 2019
Good for them. The trick they normally use is to set the ministry of finance on fire after stealing so there wouldn't be any record.
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by prettyliz(f): 10:28am On Feb 28, 2019
Haa.....Corrupt people arresting corrupt people...... �
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by oluwaferanmi1: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2019
yes we just started

Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by yemiyemi: 10:43am On Feb 28, 2019
This is just the beginning....
chieyine:
@Naija Politico

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has detained the Kwara state Commissioner of Finance, Nurudeen Banu and the Accountant General of the State, Sulaiman Ishola, over investigations into alleged slush funds for 2019 elections.

Daily Trust reported that the duo are being held at the Ilorin, Kwara state Zonal head office of the anti-graft agency to explain the utilisation of over N1 billion fund received from a commercial bank a few days to the election.

Both Banu and Ishola, are being held to explain why the money was received and how it was disbursed, the newspaper reported.

The EFCC had been asked by the Kwara Coalition for Good Governance and Accountability (KWARA-CGGA) to probe the over N1billion loan the State Government secured from a bank a few days before the general elections.

The secretary general of the group, Hassan Omoiya said it had intelligence that the state government obtained the loan on 13 February from a first generation bank using the remittance of Kwara State VAT allocation due in February and March 2019 as collateral.

“We urge the EFCC and indeed the Federal Ministry of Finance to determine the appropriateness of utilisation of credit facility of N1 billion by Kwara State Government at the twilight of general election.”

“The status of VAT Account as collateral for the credit facility in the absence of prior approval and authorization from Debt Management Office and Federal Ministry of Finance in tandem with extant laws and regulation on granting of loan to State Governments.

“It is our expectation that your investigation will extend to individuals and corporate institutions that participated in the unwholesome act with a view of prosecuting the affected individuals and institutions with attendant cost and penalty.”

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/efcc-detains-banu-kwara-finance-commissioner-accountant-general/

Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by tonero230(m): 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
zeemo2007:
It has just began.

Just begun
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by SirBunky85(m): 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2019
alizma:
are we this selfish in this country such that no one seems to be asking after the PDP self acclaimed Oracle, OBJ Pls someone should help us check his table in case he drops a letter.
obj is busy thinking how inconsequential he has become in d scheme of things in naija cuz,after all his gra gra ,pmb humiliated dem all.gej is d biggest winner in all of dese pdps downfall cuz all dose who ganged up against him with d exception of rotimi AMAECHI got roasted in d just concluded elections
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by SirBunky85(m): 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2019
netpro:
EFCC need to step up their game. Time to work.

Magu should be confirmed immediately the next Senate resumes.

Next Level here we go.
naso,I even forgot he's still in an acting capacity cuz of the selfishness of one man-bukola abiku mesujamba saraki.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by SirBunky85(m): 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2019
Donmedra:
APC committing the same mistake
abeg swerve, did u vote for APC?wat mistake are dey committing?who are u to caution the APC ?pls leave APC to run their show as dey want to after all,most of u claiming neutral now didn't vote for them
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by SirBunky85(m): 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2019
netpro:

What mistake? We have voted to deal with any corrupt individuals. Atiku was for celebrating thieves.

Our choice is loud and clear.
don't mind dat hypocrite efulefu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by SirBunky85(m): 1:47pm On Feb 28, 2019
jaxxy:
The hypocrisy has Started again. When will buahri arrest those arrnd him and Gandollars accountants general? Instead of fighting real corruption buhari is playing politics with it. His time will still come.

Nobody is in power forever try to leave a genuine legacy.
nonsense from u hypocrites as usual.d question any sane human being should ask is"did the people being arrested and prosecuted commit any wrong?and the answer is in d affirmative. weda pmb leaves the APC members or not is inconsequential to me.had the PDP done same to corrupt opposition members, dis country for don get sense small.pmb shud go after d opposition so long as they are corrupt, wen PDP gets bk to power, dey can continue from where pmb stopped
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by FarahAideed: 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2019
imam07:
Idiot. U call this witch hunt. Those thieves collected 1 billion naira loan 3 days to the election and u calls this witch hunting. U better check ur brain.

you think the EFCC should be beaming it's search light on the 2 bullion van filled with cash that Tinubu drove into his house the evening before election?
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by jaxxy(m): 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2019
SirBunky85:
nonsense from u hypocrites as usual.d question any sane human being should ask is"did the people being arrested and prosecuted commit any wrong?and the answer is in d affirmative. weda pmb leaves the APC members or not is inconsequential to me.had the PDP done same to corrupt opposition members, dis country for don get sense small.pmb shud go after d opposition so long as they are corrupt, wen PDP gets bk to power, dey can continue from where pmb stopped

You have made sm logistical sense bt it always backfires. People will say u are not fighting corruption bt opposition. If Pdp gets back they will do same thing and allow more rot to continue with their own people so what have u fought at the end of the day? To effectively fight corruption U must show an example urself to a large extent.
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by SirBunky85(m): 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2019
germanized:
This is why I will keep saying APC is a useless party.
Where did Tinubu see enough money to fill 2 bullion vans during the elections? Ganduje collected bribes on video, we all saw it, but Buhari re-endorsed him. What corruption are they fighting?

I pity the youths supporting all these biased politicians. You're just risking your future. Some of you just went to school to waste your time.

One sided judgement is a mockery of our collective intelligence. Magu will spend his life in prison if he isn't careful. The EFCC and Nigerian Army have been reduced to Buhari's hunting dogs.

APC is gradually turning into an uncontrollable monster, when the time comes, I hope those who collect money to represent them online and offline will also be there to witness the effects.
I think u are the useless one in dis instance and not the APC. tinubu has bn out of immunity for over 8yrs,yet,the PDP couldn't nail him.why are u now wailing cuz d APC chose to prosecute d opposition members who are corrupt? u pple are the prblms of this country
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by SirBunky85(m): 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2019
jaxxy:

You have made sm logistical sense bt it always backfires. People will say u are not fighting corruption bt opposition. If Pdp gets back they will do same thing and allow more rot to continue with their own people so what have u fought at the end of the day? To effectively fight corruption U must show an example urself to a large extent.
I beg to differ here.to make statement, u have to start from somewhere which pmb is doing now.are the opposition he is going after not corrupt? d main concern of every of us is if d person being prosecuted is corrupt and not if he's PDP or APC. PDP couldn't nail tinubu despite not having any immunity since 2007 and u now want his party APC to prosecute him right? wen PDP gets bk to power,dey will have ample time to go after corrupt opposition members by so doing, d country will be making progress and people will think twice before enriching themselves with public money
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
SirBunky85:
I think u are the useless one in dis instance and not the APC. tinubu has bn out of immunity for over 8yrs,yet,the PDP couldn't nail him.why are u now wailing cuz d APC chose to prosecute d opposition members who are corrupt? u pple are the prblms of this country

Mr. Man, I won't stoop low to your level. Have fun.
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by imam07: 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
FarahAideed:

you think the EFCC should be beaming it's search light on the 2 bullion van filled with cash that Tinubu drove into his house the evening before election?
abeg wetin concern me with Lagos state. These people never pay workers salary till now and they went and collect 1 billion naira. For what purpose pls. And u are here shouting witch hunt. If u want to avoutd witch hunt, stop stealing people's money. Is Lagos state owing their staffs or or Lagos people are claiming their money lost. 1 billion naira that kind amount 3 days before the election. Haha you too reason it nah.
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by jaxxy(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2019
SirBunky85:
I beg to differ here.to make statement, u have to start from somewhere which pmb is doing now.are the opposition he is going after not corrupt? d main concern of every of us is if d person being prosecuted is corrupt and not if he's PDP or APC. PDP couldn't nail tinubu despite not having any immunity since 2007 and u now want his party APC to prosecute him right? wen PDP gets bk to power,dey will have ample time to go after corrupt opposition members by so doing, d country will be making progress and people will think twice before enriching themselves with public money

I still say that is a failed logic. Till 2day nobody believes obasanjo fought corruption bt he did same thing buhari is doing going after his opposition and bless those who come over to his good side and make them saints. It’s is a highly redundant strategy that will not last.

I’m not going to talk about past corruption issues bt even right now fresh corruption is going on freely. Does that make any sense to u?
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by SirBunky85(m): 2:08pm On Feb 28, 2019
jaxxy:

I still say that is a failed logic. Till 2day nobody believes obasanjo fought corruption bt he did same thing buhari is doing going after his opposition and bless those who come over to his good side and make them saints. It’s is a highly redundant strategy that will not last.

I’m not going to talk about past corruption issues bt even right now fresh corruption is going on freely. Does that make any sense to u?
wch corruption did obj fight?FYI,obj just fought his party members who dared him-fayose,dariye,Evans enwerem,tafa balogun(ex IG),Joshua dariye,dsp alameisigha,chuba okadigbo,Fabian osuji,Ifeanyi ararume,etc.obj never fought any corruption pls
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by jaxxy(m): 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
SirBunky85:
wch corruption did obj fight?FYI,obj just fought his party members who dared him-fayose,dariye,Evans enwerem,tafa balogun(ex IG),Joshua dariye,dsp alameisigha,chuba okadigbo,Fabian osuji,Ifeanyi ararume,etc.obj never fought any corruption pls

He fought his corrupt enemies and when he established EFCC. Or where they not corrupt? Lol
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by SirBunky85(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2019
jaxxy:

He fought his corrupt enemies and when he established EFCC. Or where they not corrupt? Lol
can u mention two opposition members obj prosecuted?if obj had prosecuted tinubu and yar 'adua takes it up from where obj left and Jonathan continued, I'm sure by now,jagaban for don go for a plea bargain but the PDP failed to fight corruption and dats why I support d APC to fight corruption wether selectively or otherwise so long as the people being prosecuted are corrupt.Imagine kwara state govt taking a loan of 1b on d eve of an election an u want pmb to look the other way cuz he doesn't want to be termed fighting d opposition. my man forget ,our country would be better if pdp had fought the corrupt individual in d opposition
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by jaxxy(m): 2:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
SirBunky85:
can u mention two opposition members obj prosecuted?if obj had prosecuted tinubu and yar 'adua takes it up from where obj left and Jonathan continued, I'm sure by now,jagaban for don go for a plea bargain but the PDP failed to fight corruption and dats why I support d APC to fight corruption wether selectively or otherwise so long as the people being prosecuted are corrupt.Imagine kwara state govt taking a loan of 1b on d eve of an election an u want pmb to look the other way cuz he doesn't want to be termed fighting d opposition. my man forget ,our country would be better if pdp had fought the corrupt individual in d opposition

U can’t fight corruption by condoling it. Yes he is fighting it to an extent bt it can not be effective. People will also not support u fully on it. The corruption he’s permitted will soon emboldened others.
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by SirBunky85(m): 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2019
jaxxy:

U can’t fight corruption by condoling it. Yes he is fighting it to an extent bt it can not be effective. People will also not support u fully on it. The corruption he’s permitted will soon emboldened others.
those emboldened would one day be in d opposition and get their days in d efcc's net.u know Nigeria isn't y yet ripe to fight those dat helped u win election, even trump can't do dat.corruption also abounds in d USA and other developed countries of d world. the difference is dat in other climes, once u are guilty, u are prosecuted without people raising an eyebrow or calling it witchhunting of the opposition but here, once u are arrested, everyone starts shouting with hunting
Re: EFCC Detains Banu Kwara Finance Commissioner, Accountant General by jaxxy(m): 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2019
SirBunky85:
those emboldened would one day be in d opposition and get their days in d efcc's net.u know Nigeria isn't y yet ripe to fight those dat helped u win election, even trump can't do dat.corruption also abounds in d USA and other developed countries of d world. the difference is dat in other climes, once u are guilty, u are prosecuted without people raising an eyebrow or calling it witchhunting of the opposition but here, once u are arrested, everyone starts shouting with hunting

Aren’t trumps men being prosecuted? The EFCC or INEC shud not be controlled by the president bt that seems to be our case sadly. I’m talking for future reason now we need stronger systems to really move forward like great countries of this world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Killed In Katsina As Bandits Open Fire On Maulud Celebrants / Aisha Yar'adua: Daughter Of Mr President / Nigerian Built Warship One Year Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.