Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:13 AM

Facebook Is Wasting Your Data: See How To Reduce It Now. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Is Wasting Your Data: See How To Reduce It Now. (355 Views)

I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? / A Nairalander Used Free 14gb Free Glo Data See Photos / #NigeriaAt58: MTN Announces 200% Bonus On All Data - See Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Is Wasting Your Data: See How To Reduce It Now. by KOKOHANDS: 9:13am On Feb 28, 2019
Facebook and other graphics-heavy sites are the highest consumers of your internet data. I realized this today while going through settings >> data saver on my Chrome mobile browser.

As you see in the pic attached, the data volume consumed by Facebook alone is by far greater than the rest of the sites I've browsed.

If you're a heavy user of Facebook on mobile browser like me, this is the reason your (our) browsing data finishes so fast. The worst is using Facebook on PC.

These things are not caused by our village people but rather, us and our fancies.

Now that we know the culprit of browsing data wastage (Facebook), what can we do to ameliorate the problem?

I have recommended the following solutions:

1. Use Facebook lite mobile app (not the main Facebook app).

Although I'm yet to prove this, I've heard Facebook lite app consumes less data than Facebook on browser or the main Facebook browser. I've used both the lite version and the main version of Facebook apps...don't see much difference between both - just slight changes.

2. Upload lesser graphics and of lower Mb size while facebooking.

3. Reduce your rate of streaming Facebook videos.

4. Try to trim distractions while on Facebook. To achieved this, focus on what you came to Facebook for and avoid what is trying to distort your focus.

Being on Facebook 24/7 is not an achievement unless you're making money in the process. Else, its simply a sign of joblessless and irresponsibility.

5. Close your facebook app when not in use.

6. Turn off your internet data when not in use.

I hope this helped.

By the way, what other means do you recommend to reduce browsing data wastage on Facebook?

Please comment below.

I remain Ekemini "#KOKOHANDS" Ekpo.
www.Facebook.com/ekemini.ekpo

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The New Nokia Pureview With 5 Cameras(netwyz) / How To Use The Split Screen On Huawei Enjoy 9S & Enjoy 9e / Hide Whatsapp Statue From A Particular Contact, No Blocking Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.