Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Should I Leave My Job And Start A Business - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave My Job And Start A Business (502 Views)

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Leave My Job And Start A Business by Abuonzone(m): 9:55am On Feb 28, 2019
Good Day All,
Please I need honest advice from you all.
I am currently facing a situation, I have a family and and I have a job. We leave far from each other and it hasn't really been easy. I don't have plans establishing where I am working presently and the work I am doing doesn't have any growth prospects. I have some savings I could start a business with.

The question is should I Leave my Job and relocate to somewhere I hope to establish myself and I would be with my family with also hope of getting a job. Or I should still hold on to the job I have now and still be far from my family while I try to get a job somewhere I could establish at before relocating and starting a business.

Please I need a honest advice, as I am a bit scared of taking risks, because if the business fails I don't really have anything to fall back on except I get a job.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Start A Business by tripplephi: 10:01am On Feb 28, 2019
It may not be wise to JUST switch totally... if there is a way your wife can do the business and as it grows u can then switch fully then that would be wise....
ELSE.... switching without considering the prospects of economic and political environment may cause more issues.... Y not consider getting a job where your family is located then set your wife up with business so you can have peace and build the business with her till you are ready to switch.

Abuonzone:
Good Day All,
Please I need honest advice from you all.
I am currently facing a situation, I have a family and and I have a job. We leave far from each other and it hasn't really been easy. I don't have plans establishing where I am working presently and the work I am doing doesn't have any growth prospects. I have some savings I could start a business with.

The question is should I Leave my Job and relocate to somewhere I hope to establish myself and I would be with my family with also hope of getting a job. Or I should still hold on to the job I have now and still be far from my family while I try to get a job somewhere I could establish at before relocating and starting a business.

Please I need a honest advice, as I am a bit scared of taking risks, because if the business fails I don't really have anything to fall back on except I get a job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Start A Business by Abuonzone(m): 10:10am On Feb 28, 2019
tripplephi:
It may not be wise to JUST switch totally... if there is a way your wife can do the business and as it grows u can then switch fully then that would be wise....
ELSE.... switching without considering the prospects of economic and political environment may cause more issues.... Y not consider getting a job where your family is located then set your wife up with business so you can have peace and build the business with her till you are ready to switch.

Thanks for this,

I am already trying to get a job over there, but getting a job hasn't really been easy, since I am not on ground there. I have tried and still trying.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Start A Business by Icongold2006(m): 10:23am On Feb 28, 2019
u can tell ur wife and children to relocate to the state u are working presently.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy!!!!! Vacancy!!!...vacancy / Get Me A Job And Take My 50,000 Entire Savings / Dangote Interview /recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.