Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Peaceful Polls Victory For Nigeria, Says Buhari: - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Peaceful Polls Victory For Nigeria, Says Buhari: (216 Views)

‘how Ex-president, Heads Of State, Generals Secured Victory For Atiku’ / Laugher Galore At Channels TV As Femi Adeshina Says Buhari To Teach World Leader / Rochas Okorocha Says ‘buhari Is A Man Of God Sent To Save Nigeria From Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peaceful Polls Victory For Nigeria, Says Buhari: by pressy011(m): 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday told Nigerians to see the peaceful conduct of the February 23 presidential election as a victory for the nation.

Noting that an election should not be seen as a war, the President said the “victory is enough cause for joy without deriding those in the opposition now that election is over.”

The President’s message was contained in his remarks at the International Conference Centre (ICC) in Abuja, after receiving the Certificate of Return as the president-elect from the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Mahmood Yakubu.

Buhari’s deputy and running mate Prof Yemi Osinbajo also got the Certificate of Return as vice president-elect.

Besides, the President urged Nigerians to stand in brotherhood for a bright and fulfilling future, assuring that his administration will be inclusive and open.

Buhari, whose second term in office will begin on May 29, also assured Nigerians of seeing the country moving to the “Next Level”.

The ICC, which was being used as the Collation Office for the presidential election, also hosted governors, ministers, members of the private sector and supporters of the All Progressive Congress (APC).

The President also reached out to his opponents at the poll, urging them to join him to build the country that will be a pride to all.

He said: “I am grateful to God for sparing our lives to witness another milestone in Nigeria’s democratic development, namely conclusion of the presidential election in an overwhelmingly peaceful manner.

“I wish, Mr Chairman, to congratulate all the presidential candidates and their teams on a hard-fought campaign. We may have had different views during the campaign, but the one thing most of us have in common is love of our country and our desire to improve conditions for Nigerians.

“From the comments of several observers both local and foreign, it is obvious that the elections were both free and fair.

“Now that the elections are over, and a winner declared, we must all see it as a victory for Nigeria, our dear country. That was why I encouraged my teeming supporters, in a speech I read earlier today, not to gloat.

“Our God-given victory is enough cause for joy, without deriding those who were in the opposition. All Nigerians, going forward, must stand in brotherhood, for a bright and fulfilling future.

“I, therefore, want to assure that we will continue to engage all parties that have the best interest of Nigerians at heart. Our government will remain inclusive and our doors will remain open.

“That is the way to build the country of our dream; safe, secure, prosperous and free of impunity and primitive accumulation by those entrusted with public offices.

“The hard work to deliver a better Nigeria continues, building on the foundations of peace, rule of law and opportunities for all. We will roll up our sleeves afresh, and give it our all.

Re: Peaceful Polls Victory For Nigeria, Says Buhari: by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
fellow nigerians how can we jolly with this fellow who does not regard life, who does not acknowledge the fact that people died on election day...no sympathy what so ever for the loss of lives...instead they stand bold before us and declare the election was free and fare and all peaceful never witnessed in nigeria....and all we do is dance along with them singing praises...

would we be dancing if we had lost ones on that day....would buhari and Osinbajo be in jubilation if it was their wifes or children that died on that day...lets give our selves brain...these guys dont care what happens so long as they rule and continue to amass wealth for their generations to come and deceive gullible ones that they are repairing the country....

these folks will never feel the kind of pain we feel...yet we adore them, making them more powerful to intimidate us even more knowing well that we dont know how powerful indeed we are and can be if we team up against them...

i stand against an insensitive govt such as this...
and i pray God will rise up against them in the weeks and months to come...
Re: Peaceful Polls Victory For Nigeria, Says Buhari: by THUNDER4real(m): 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
Sai Baba!

Sai Blood!!

Sai vampire president!!!

Quite unfortunate, Nigerians have to receive another 4 years of flogging from you. God will deliver us.

(1) (Reply)

Dinomelaye Gets N5m Bail Over Attempted suicide / International Women's Day: A Career Woman In A Man's World / Solar Technology, Incorporating Solar Inverter System For Effective Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.