Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer (16992 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah: I Am In APC To Rescue Anambra From 20 Years Political Stagnation / Ifeanyi Ubah: I Have Not Been Sacked As Senator / "I'm Calling This Result Under Duress" - Prof Ibeabuchi Declares Okorocha Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by obinnaokeke225: 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2019
The Returning Officer for Anambra South Senatorial election held on Saturday, February 23, 2019, has said that what was being circulated in the social media and reported in some sections of the media about his announcing the Anambra South Senatorial election under duress was a tissue of lies.

In his letter dated Thursday, February 28, 2018, with the caption, “In the Matter of The Anambra South Constituency Senatorial Election Result Declaration”, copied to the Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka; and members of the press, Umenweke, a Professor in the Faculty of Law, Nnamdi Azikiwe University said: “My attention has been drawn to the news being circulated  in the newspaper, social media and particularly, Punch Newspaper of 27th February 2019, captioned “I DECLARED IFEANYI UBAH WINNER TO SAVE MY LIFE’.

“I never at any point said that I announced the result of the Anambra South senatorial election under duress nor in the mode that is implied by the Punch Newspaper captioned as per above. No gun or knife was pointed at me the material time of the election result announcement”.

The Returning Officer said that any person or group, that feels aggrieved about the election should approach the election tribunal as the constitutionally recognized means for any aggrieved party.

Emphasizing on what could be the basis for the report in the Punch Newspaper, he said, “My letter of 25th February 2019, which was a response to a letter dated 23rd February 2019, written by Chief Sir Chris Uba, the PDP candidate is hereby referred to.

“By virtue of my letter of 25th February 2019, I stated that the result of the election in Anambra South senatorial zone was inconclusive to enable me to debrief the 7 local government collation officers on the issues raised in the petition of 23/02/2019. It was also to enable me to investigate the claim contained therein.

“Within this interval, I have made extensive inquiries and investigations from the seven local government collation officers involved and none received any report from any ward in the form of Form EC 40 G. Consequently, none of them generated any Form EC 40 G1. No reports whatsoever were received by the local government collation officer involved in the Anambra South senatorial election. No such report was given to me. In the light of the above. There is no evidence before me to support the clams of the writer of the petition of 23rd February 2019

“By virtue of the foregoing, I hereby re-affirm my declaration that Chief Ifeanyi Ubah, the candidate of YPP, is the winner of the

Read more: https://www.anaedoonline.com/2019/02/28/i-never-announced-result-under-duress/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by overdrive(m): 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2019
either money has exchanged hands or he must have been threatened with okija juju. cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by noble71(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
$$$ can cancel duress grin

But seriously, Ifeanyi Ubah should win that Senatorial District fair and square.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by rxmusa(m): 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
Some people derive joy in spreading malicious news.
Get your branded elegant logo with iObserver graphics

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by exclusive2019: 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
grin
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by kerry57: 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
Money fit make man talk so many different things thereby selling his reputation .yeye the smell

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by Bolustical: 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ok
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by Dannyset(m): 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Fake news is now PDPs slogan

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by Vizbanlee(m): 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ok i don hear, next plz
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by Kentocancan: 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Lol... It was Prof.Ibauchi, the returning INEC officer from ImO state did

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by DonHummer(m): 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2019
ifeanyi Uba's YPP won that election. I knew he was going to win when he recorded the second highest votes in my town which is the same town with Chris/Andy Uba the contestants for the pdp and APC respectively. if he could get such massive votes in all poling units in my Villa then he was definitely going to win.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by constant1960: 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2019
What is Life without Money
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by linearity: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
If it is just a tissue of lies, where is the whole toilet roll then?

Something doesn’t smell right with this story, we will need the whole toilet roll to clean it up.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by oyetunder(m): 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
Igbos can fabricate anything-even fake lies.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by Ayoswit(f): 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hope money didn't exchange hands sha grin. I really love ifeanyi uba because he has touched so many lives positively. Congrats to him.

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by GRACEGLORY: 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2019
When people are opinionated, no matter what you say, they just won't accept the truth even when they see it. Thanks for the clarification, Mr. returning Officer
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by Pearlman(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2019
Confusion season!
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by agabaI23(m): 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2019
overdrive:
either money has exchanged hands or he must have been threatened with okija juju. cheesy
None of the above.
I know everything that happened.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by agabaI23(m): 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ayoswit:
Hope money didn't exchange hands sha grin. I really love ifeanyi uba because he has touched so many lives positively. Congrats to him.
None!
He stood his ground.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by dreamwords: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2019
Apc world
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by Masama: 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mr RO, why is your mouth turninoniown?
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by overdrive(m): 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2019
agabaI23:
None of the above. I know everything that happened.

brief me please.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2019
DonHummer:
ifeanyi Uba's YPP won that election. I knew he was going to win when he recorded the second highest votes in my town which is the same town with Chris/Andy Uba the contestants for the pdp and APC respectively. if he could get such massive votes in all poling units in my Villa then he was definitely going to win.
The same with my village, he pulled the highest vote pass Chris Uba but the funny thing is that they wanted to rig it for Chris Uba and his party agent informed him dat night and he left Nnewi to Orumba North LGA to defend his mandate. Saw Chris Uba live running for his dear life on sighting Ifeanyi Yeah with his boys at the collation center.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah: I Never Announced Result Under Duress - Returning Officer by whytediamond(m): 6:49pm On Feb 28, 2019
G

(1) (2) (Reply)

Part Of Buhari's Medical Report Leaked. See Photos / Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days / APC Weighs Options As nPDP Ultimatum Ends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.