Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu (14377 Views)

Rewane: FG, 36 States Can Conveniently Pay Minimum Wage If They Are Sincere / 2019: I Will Pay Workers N50,000 Minimum Wage If Elected – Olawepo Hashim / Minimum Wage: If ₦30,000 Is Approved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by TheOluwatosin: 9:14pm On Feb 28, 2019

By Olawale Abdul-Fatah

Ahead of the gubernatorial election in Lagos, All Progressives Congress, APC candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has assured the workers that if elected, his administration will pay above the 30,000 minimum wage benchmark and policies to improve their welfare would be introduced.

Sanwo-Olu added that the benefits that existed before but were denied during the present administration would be reinstated by his administration when elected on 9th of March, 2019.

The APC governorship candidate gave the assurance on Thursday while addressing civil servants with his deputy, Dr, Obafemi Hamzat, a meeting which was expected to be conveyed by the State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, but was absent, in Ikeja.

He noted that his administration would consider the civil servants welfare because they will drive his vision for the state which is targeted at building an enviable smart city.

While assuring the civil servants that his administration would operate an all inclusive government, he stated that workers would be engaged, trained and motivated to work effectively for Lagos development.

“As part of the motivation, we will take the minimum wage above the level presented at the National Assembly. And the payment will not exceed the 23rd of every month. This is part of the welfare package we have for civil servants in Lagos.

“We will also ensure a car package for senior staffs that have attained directors’ status in the public service. We cannot allow workers that are required to stay back and work to start looking for bus to convey them home at night.

“On the staff bus, I discovered that civil servants now pay to repair the vehicle. When elected, our administration will replace the rickety vehicles for the staff. All these, we believe would motivate the staff to deliver in every task they have been mandated to do,” he added.

While responding to complaint from workers, Sanwo-Olu assured that his administration, if elected, would restore local and international training benefit to the State public service.

He added: “We cannot give you tool alone without training because they accompany each other. It is when we have done that the government can have an effective public service that drives the policies.

“This we believe will make the workers have the required skill to perform the task of taking Lagos to greater height. And it will be considered an important issue by our administration.”

Sanwo-Olu disclosed that his administration, when elected, would establish a platform for retired civil servants to act as volunteer workers, saying, we always have some civil servants that are still active but due to the public service barrier on age, they leave service.

“Some of these retired workers have acquired skills over the years. The retirement has barred them from further rendering their service to the state but they are active. So, we cannot allow them take that skill away. This is why we have concluded that when we are elected, such plan would be implemented in the state.”

Aside the welfare for workers, the APC candidate disclosed that his government would complete all existing projects especially the Lagos-Badagry Expressway which serve as a major entry route for foreigners from Western African countries visiting the country.

http://www.theguildng.com/i-will-pay-above-30000-minimum-wage-if-elected-sanwo-olu/

1 Like

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by Marcofranz(m): 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
He should shut his rotten mouth . Nonsense

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by IjebuWarrior: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2019
For taking the whole people of Lagos for a fool... angry

9 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by StarUp: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2019
Talk is cheap my brother.

23 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by oluwasegun007(m): 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
U better negudu..

9 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by PureMind2: 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
Trust u

1 Like

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by asawanathegreat(m): 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
Na so, thank you but we don't need you

12 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by kelvinUchiha(m): 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
Yaf started naw

14 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
APC and their agbero boys go also rig this one enter

33 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by afoltundeseen(f): 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
All nah wash. When you reach office finish, story go change.

10 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by faithfull18(f): 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
Promises, promises, promises.

9 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by kufre2010: 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
In desperation to get elected he has started making false promise he will not fulfill

17 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by AllenSpencer: 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
asawanathegreat:
Na so, thank you but we don't need you

Coming from a 5% grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by Cletus77(m): 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
After sharing to Tinubu and co, which one will remain to use and pay above 30,000??

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by wike54(m): 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
Na you get mouth
Any rubbish wey u like take am talk
Morherfucker

9 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by Teeisaac(m): 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by modskiller(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2019
The Fear of Jimi Agbaja makes you keep misyarning,

Imagine Sanwo-Olu going to functions meant for the State Governor, and acting as if the people's mandate is not required to vote him into power.

Imagine Thugs disrupting election and electoral processes due to their fear of the unknown.

Imagine the Abandoned Lagos - Mile 2 - Badagry Express Way

Imagine the way your people narrowed Mile 12 - Ikorodu Road all because the people asked that they dont want the road """Tolled"""

Imagine the trucks on our highways causing pains and inconvenience to the people.

I have been an ardent supporter of the APC but i think we need to change powers in Lagos this time around.

I wish all the parties best of luck but may the best man win.

As for me i will rather vote Jimi Agbaje or Babatunde Gbadamosi

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by anonymous1759(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2019
His doing is homework well, while some will be fighting Tinubu and doing online poll

1 Like

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by Rubbiish(m): 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
Na so dem dey talk
When him win, story go change

2 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by FarahAideed: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
unlike Buhari Sanwo Olu seems smart so whether he or Agbaje wins wouldn't make so much sense because either way Lagos will be a good hands unlike the Buhari Atiku election which was race between choosing evil over good because Buhari is actually the devil !!!

12 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by Kurtis02(m): 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
Lol.. Naso e dey start before.

Ambode too talk so.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by Nathdoug(m): 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
Tinubu footstool talking..
Oh yea lagosians free yourself from Tinubu dynasty’s

5 Likes

Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by Kurtis02(m): 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
fg
Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by coolfredo(m): 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ok
Re: I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu by BABANGBALI: 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
This man don chop okro soup.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara Market Fire: APC Governors Donate N50m, 6 PDP Governors Donate N100M / Garba Shehu Denies Commenting On Twitter Picking Ghana As Africa HQ / CSU Vindicates Tinubu, Presidency Insists, Atiku Files Documents Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.