Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. (858 Views)

Top 8 Nigerian-american Music Collaborations You Should Know / Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See / What Collaborations Would You Would Like To See In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. by pckid: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2010
http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/08/5-most-unexpected-collaborations-in-naija/

Just the most bizarre pairing in the Nigerian music history. They came as a big shock and stirred up confusion. Still looks like a dream that is yet to come true, even though it has. Seeing these two artistes sing together was the last thing one can ever think of. Is either they’ve got nothing in common; the opposite of each other’s persona or they’ve once been a fierce rival. We thought the chemistry was not just there, but they proved us wrong. For some perfectly legitimate reasons best known to them, they’ve decided to collaborate. Here are the 5 songs

Eedris and Ruggedman – koleyewon
This is arguably the most popular unexpected hiphop collabo. As the title implies, we still dont understand how these two rivals reconciled and went ahead to make this track. These two rap maestros laid the foundation of rap/hiphop in nigeria amid the dominance of traditional music few years back. While this track was to make amends for their long-lived beef. Some years back, the two rap legends had a face-off on who heads the rap game in naija, a familiar case we all know with hiphop; their case likened to that of pac/biggie. While ruggedman had claimed that he redefined it, Eedris monopolized the rap industry. Some still believe that ruggedman had a chip on Eedris shoulder on why Eedris’ musical career failed. Kennis, another rival of Ruggedman might have been out of the hoop when these two rappers came together to make this unbelievable joint.

The Pulse and Busta Rhymes – Sotey (remix)
The collaboration which i still see as a bizarre coincidence had proved to many that american rappers can definitely blend with afro pop. It served as a reference point on why drake’s alleged collaboration with our psquare might not flop. For a newcomer like the pulse to have paired with a legendary rapper at the early stage of their career still amazes many. Busta spoke pidgin with his american accent in a line ‘i got to go and pray sotey‘ and sounds interesting, funny though. I know this would have got some artistes wondering why they hadn’t done something like this.

Jim Iyke and 2face – Who AmI
Jim doesnt sound like that usual guy you watch in movies, and he asks ‘who am i?, a nollywood actor of course, and not a rapper with this track, hell no. This pairing came as a shock and it was quite comical, you just laugh it off. Jim was lucky to get a humble and ‘ the always ready to collaborate’ 2face on this one. Many still believe 2face had condescended to do a song with jim, he was just too important for that. The track isn’t totally bad, what do you expect of a track that has got 2face on it. Jim took the first verse and 2face helped with the chorus and came in to sing the second verse. We wouldn’t like to see this kind of collaboration again, as it sounds disastrous for the growing music industry.

Lagbaja and Mode 9 – scream
How this pairing worked out successfully is still a mystery. They must have spent more time in the studio trying to work out their differences. They did the odd thing, we still call it afro hiphop. Mode 9’s rhyme, http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/08/5-most-unexpected-collaborations-in-naija/
Re: 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. by CLASSIFYD(m): 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2010
Jim iyke nd 2face collaboration was jst wrong!
Wld dis eva happen 'mode9 ft ruggedman'?
Re: 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. by googles: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2010
CLASSIFYD:

Jim iyke nd 2face collaboration was jst wrong!

for once . . .yea i totally agree with you

i wonder how many times jim iyke had to kiss tuface's balls just to have him feature in that thing undecided
Re: 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. by Fred87(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2010
@class.Possibiliti,,,,,,,,,,nada.eeezz
Re: 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. by CLASSIFYD(m): 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2010
@googles
for once?.?.? My opinions hv prolly been rite nd u've wrong. Hehe.
Re: 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. by googles: 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2010
CLASSIFYD:

@googles
for once?.?.? My opinions hv prolly been rite nd u've wrong. Hehe.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

rite indeed. . . you and Tosin are always on one side, am always on the other side

i wont argue whoz always right with you sha grin
Re: 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. by Kinezeala(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2010
what about timaya ft m.i?
These guys are two worlds apart,
and even freestyle ft. T-pain,who has heard the song?.
Lol.
Re: 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. by pheesayor(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2010
Lagbaja and Modenine? Anyone got link(s) to that song pls?
Re: 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. by Rhymstein(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2010
@pheesayor
Very few people knw dat song,i saw it in my big bro laptop,sorry ve already exhausted my MB,i no fit upload am,wish i saw it yesterday
Re: 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija. by 9jabeats(m): 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2010

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Download From 4shared Using My Phone / New Video: Slowdogg - Usomu Ft Ransome / The Nonillionaire With Samklef Feat. You! - Win $5000 Worth In Prizes & Feature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.