Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana (775 Views)

Urgently Needed, Investor For Mining Business. / Mining Business: 14 Practical Guides To Succeed / Mining Business Joint Venture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by Ysakaws1: 2:04am On Mar 01, 2019
I am about to relocate to Ghana to start a gold business with my friend over there. I need your advises fellow nairalanders (people who have considerable experience please). Is it worth taking risk for?? Is it lucrative How rough is it going to be??

I am more concerned because I am travelling all the way out of the country, and I do not want to come back home regretting my decision.
Re: Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by Ysakaws1: 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
Please I need your advises
Re: Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by Nanatrendy(f): 10:52am On Mar 02, 2019
Small scale gold mining is reserved for Ghanaian nationals and the company should be a registered company. You can't just take tools locate a land and started mining you'll be arrested and jailed. The sort of mining given to foreigners are mostly the large scale ones which you may not be able to afford, normally it's the white companies like Anglo gold , new mount that operate such mining activities. I believe theres gold in nigeria as well since its your country you am sure you'll get permit easily to mine. As for Ghana forget it because even some ghanaians have been put out of business for illegal mining how much more you.
Re: Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by imageghana(m): 11:06am On Mar 02, 2019
Galamsey (illegal Mining) is what you have been invited to do. Just stay where you are God will locate you with a business opportunity, the law works in Ghana so it wont take long before you will be cooling off at Nsawam(Prison). As a foreigner your case is indeed different.
Re: Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by Ysakaws1: 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
Nanatrendy:
Small scale gold mining is reserved for Ghanaian nationals and the company should be a registered company. You can't just take tools locate a land and started mining you'll be arrested and jailed. The sort of mining given to foreigners are mostly the large scale ones which you may not be able to afford, normally it's the white companies like Anglo gold , new mount that operate such mining activities. I believe theres gold in nigeria as well since its your country you am sure you'll get permit easily to mine. As for Ghana forget it because even some ghanaians have been put out of business for illegal mining how much more you.
No, we won’t be indulging in illegal mining. He has an Uncle who is into the business and has every necessary license and permit. His Uncle has been the one putting him through for some years now. Now that he wants to fully concentrate on the business and partner with me, we would be starting by using his uncle’s license. Basically, we would be running everything we do under his uncle’s company name (business operations will be done with our money though), until we have made enough to stay independent. What I need from you all is advises on the business itself. Is it worth it to travel and relocate to Ghana? (Considering how lucrative it is)
Re: Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by Ysakaws1: 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
imageghana:
Galamsey (illegal Mining) is what you have been invited to do. Just stay where you are God will locate you with a business opportunity, the law works in Ghana so it wont take long before you will be cooling off at Nsawam(Prison). As a foreigner your case is indeed different.
No, we won’t be indulging in illegal mining. He has an Uncle who is into the business and has every necessary license and permit. His Uncle has been the one putting him through for some years now. Now that he wants to fully concentrate on the business and partner with me, we would be starting by using his uncle’s license. Basically, we would be running everything we do under his uncle’s company name (business operations will be done with our money though), until we have made enough to stay independent. What I need from you all is advises on the business itself. Is it worth it to travel and relocate to Ghana? (Considering how lucrative it is)
Re: Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by chrisagyei: 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ysakaws1:

Make sure you're not scammed because Galamsay/Illegal mining is very similar to small scale mining.Some certificates are fake or have expired.Others too does have a different site name compared to where the site is actually.Be very cautious,he might be a Ghanaian buh he might have learnt some fraud stuffs from any of his Nigerian or even Ghanaian pals also.Just don't invest a single cedis until all evidence claims its genuine with you witnessing operations and documents bearing your name to show co ownership.As the other Ghanaians folk said,don't go to the site alone unless you are with the Ghanaian shareholder because government and military taskforce storm the place unannounced occasionally and no foreigner is to engage in small scale mining.So take care.It's best to relocate so you're not cheated cos it's super lucrative on a daily basis.Take care

1 Like

Re: Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by breadtom: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2019
i have once lived in ghana and i have done that galamsy job , there is money in the job but very risky alot of people have lost their lives in this job. Do you know what it takes to go down in a hole of 18 feets to bring out dust used for preparing gold .Most ghanians especially those in obuasi, who are jobless do this job to make ends meets for them self , while some from the money they have been able to gather from the illegal mining job used the money to set up business for themselves and most of them quit the job along the line.But the greedy one will never do so becauase of the money involved. Most of the big guys u see in Ghana are into galamsey. Though u can do the business of buying and selling of gold most Nigeria in Ghana are into such business and they are making good money from it. But dont go into illegal mining . my advice is that your friend is yet to open up to you. Please do not go to Ghana to do galamsey job if u are not a strong man if you know you know.
Re: Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by Ysakaws1: 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
chrisagyei:
Make sure you're not scammed because Galamsay/Illegal mining is very similar to small scale mining.Some certificates are fake or have expired.Others too does have a different site name compared to where the site is actually.Be very cautious,he might be a Ghanaian buh he might have learnt some fraud stuffs from any of his Nigerian or even Ghanaian pals also.Just don't invest a single cedis until all evidence claims its genuine with you witnessing operations and documents bearing your name to show co ownership.As the other Ghanaians folk said,don't go to the site alone unless you are with the Ghanaian shareholder because government and military taskforce storm the place unannounced occasionally and no foreigner is to engage in small scale mining.So take care.It's best to relocate so you're not cheated cos it's super lucrative on a daily basis.Take care
Did you just say foreigners are prohibited from engaging in small scale mining? How sure are you about this?
Re: Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by chrisagyei: 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ysakaws1:

Did you just say foreigners are prohibited from engaging in small scale mining? How sure are you about this?
It's a long story bro,it was and is still the hottest issue in Ghana right now.The Chinese and some Europeans were dominating in the mining business and there were in hundreds of thousands including Africans.Foreigners are the ones who're arrested and jailed or deported instead of Ghanaians.It's somehow discriminatory although although we Ghanaians believe that it's our land and no foreigner should come and mine in small scale.You will be licensed alright buh you can't stay within the stipulated area because you will be tempted to extend your barrier and that's where you will start experiencing issues.Always be with the Ghanaian and don't tell anyone including the taskforce that you're a co owner or even mining.Tell them you just visited your friend.Read this link https://www.graphic.com.gh/features/opinion/menace-of-foreigners-in-ghana-s-illegal-gold-mining.html
Re: Who knows about gold mining business In Ghana by Nanatrendy(f): 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
The law does not allow foreigners to do small scale mining any foreigner doing it has a Ghanaian covering up for the person. For sometime now government has deployed the military to help crack the menace because most of the people involved were destroying water bodies and leaving big holes without covering it. It's not easy to do galamsey even as a Ghanaian like I said earlier even most of them have been put out of business

(1) (Reply)

Guys Between Electrical Parts And Okrika Business, Which One Will You Choose. / Get UK Used Laptops For As Low As 25k / What Business Can I Do With 300k Aside From Clothes Sales?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.