Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate (3648 Views)

Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari / February Poll: Jonathan Angry With Ministers, Aides Over Apc’s Attacks / President Jonathan, IBB & Atiku Begs Obasanjo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by Gbawe: 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2010
shakara4u:

well said gbawe,since he has d big riggers in his camp, we should then vote for IBB/ATIKUhell NO!!!!!!!in my case i really want to vote,but i lack options and from wat i can see now,i will go wit GEJ

Why do Nigerians love to talk as if Jonathan is the default choice , because of the fear of IBB and Atiku, when we have not seen all the candidates? 4 years ago many said they would rather go with Yar Adua than Atiku and IBB.  With hindsight can we say Yar Adua was the better choice ? The point is that we must wait to see all candidates without concluding prematurely that we are left with selecting either Jonathan, IBB or Atiku.

Even within the PDP their are candidates , IMO, who are better choices for the developmental prospect of Nigeria than IBB, Jonathan and Atiku. I don't rate IBB and Atiku but that does not mean I should "endorse" Jonathan. He is a Southern Yar Adua whose compromised hands will be 'tied' to the detriment of Nigeria same as we saw under our late President.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by cyril10(m): 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2010
Nigerians forget things easily, i hope we've not forgotten what happened in 1993 where so many people died as a result of IBB'S  inodinate ambition to

hold on to power. IBB is insulting Nigerians, if IBB gets to ASO ROCK again there is going to be a big problem for this country, i dont know why some Nige

rians are too narrow minded. Are we sure we are not killing ourselves here?
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by seanet02: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2010
Beaf:

Poor Gbawe. I give him nightmares, he can never get my name out of his posts. . . Even when I'm not there! grin grin grin grin
Very funny!

[size=21pt]Uncle Joe, carry go!!! 2011 is yours![/size] cool

IBB must be stopped.

EVEN WE YORUBAS PREFER HIM TO THE SATANIC AND BLOOD SUCKING IBB AND THE PRESIDENT AT ALL COST ATIKU.

UNCLE JOE, BO TI E DIBO OTI WOLE
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by seanet02: 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2010
Gbawe:

Why do Nigerians love to talk as if Jonathan is the default choice , because of the fear of IBB and Atiku, when we have not seen all the candidates? 4 years ago many said they would rather go with Yar Adua than Atiku and IBB. With hindsight can we say Yar Adua was the better choice ? The point is that we must wait to see all candidates without concluding prematurely that we are left with selecting either Jonathan, IBB or Atiku.

Even within the PDP their are candidates , IMO, who are better choices for the developmental prospect of Nigeria than IBB, Jonathan and Atiku. I don't rate IBB and Atiku but that does not mean I should "endorse" Jonathan. He is a Southern Yar Adua whose compromised hands will be 'tied' to the detriment of Nigeria same as we saw under our late President.

WHO IS AFRAID OF GJ? LETS US SUPPORT THE MAN FROM THE PART OF NIGERIA WHERE THE SALARIES OF NORTHERN GOVERNORS AND THEIR WORKERS IS BEING DERIVED
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by Beaf: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2010
seanet02: WHO IS AFRAID OF GJ? LETS US SUPPORT THE MAN FROM THE PART OF NIGERIA WHERE THE SALARIES OF NORTHERN GOVERNORS AND THEIR WORKERS IS BEING DERIVED

Exactly! Someone needs to get that right in the ear of IBB and his fools.
Who are they to keep threatening the country? angry
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by seanet02: 5:07pm On Aug 30, 2010
Beaf:

Exactly! Someone needs to get that right in the ear of IBB and his fools.
Who are they to keep threatening the country? angry
sincerely speaking, i dont belief the North can threaten to SECEDE, if they try it

ANOTHER HUNGER STRICKEN CHAD AND NIGER REPUBLIC WILL BE CREATED
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by jamace(m): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2010
This IBB of a man is damn desperate for power. Nigerians should beware that a man like this is definately fighting for his selfish ego.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by gadogado(m): 5:35pm On Aug 30, 2010
seanet02:

sincerely speaking, i dont belief the North can threaten to SECEDE, if they try it

ANOTHER HUNGER STRICKEN CHAD AND NIGER REPUBLIC WILL BE CREATED

Which Chad, the oil producing Chad? or the largest uranium exporter of the world, Niger Have you ever been to these countries?? My guess is you haven't otherwise you wouldn't say this, People have to understand not to always trust images of countries in the News, after all, how is your own Nigeria portrayed in the int'l media you'd think all Nigerians are diseased church mice. Furthermore, when they show you a country in civil war, don't shallowly assume that that country has not made progress 20 years later. keep up with current events to save yourself from this type of embarrassment. I used to be like you until I had the opportunity of visiting Sudan and realized that it was better than Nigeria. But prior to me going, people were telling me all sorts of nasty things about the country.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by seanet02: 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2010
gadogado:

Which Chad, the oil producing Chad? or the largest uranium exporter of the world, Niger Have you ever been to these countries?? My guess is you haven't otherwise you wouldn't say this, People have to understand not to always trust images of countries in the News, after all, how is your own Nigeria portrayed in the int'l media you'd think all Nigerians are diseased church mice. Furthermore, when they show you a country in civil war, don't shallowly assume that that country has not made progress 20 years later. keep up with current events to save yourself from this type of embarrassment. I used to be like you until I had the opportunity of visiting Sudan and realized that it was better than Nigeria. But prior to me going, people were telling me all sorts of nasty things about the country.
so just because Khartoum gets 24 hour electricity, you believe it is better than NG,
the same sudan where HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIES EVERY YEAR, BECAUSE OF WAR.
people like you are WAR MONGERS
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by CareTaker1(m): 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2010
Hamid O:

Are we meant 2 be clappin 4 him or wat Nxt time he meets IBB, we'll zone that post 2 d north,  Wake up Presido, if u hand urself over to them now they'll play u lik football in the future, so be were of those devils

It is called consultations, it is politics, it is the right thing to do.

Babangida, corrupt or not is a political heavy weight today in Nigeria and a stake holder.
You make consultations, you meet with some people of influence, that is how to go about it.
The meeting was a good one and ended well. Babangida is only standing for the northern interest in the
zoning arrangement, it is their right to produce the pdp presidential candidate, you may think him a criminal but he is no fool, he is the only one in the north with the gut to challenge GEJ or atleast influence his challenge. Politically he is not doing anything wrong presently, he knows how to play the game. We are almost running a one party system and pdp has it all put together, any candidate that emerges as the pdp candidate has the vote of the pdp faithfuls, it is assumed that every pdp member is to vote for the pdp candidate. Babangida wants the north to the ticket and then the second face of the campaign will begin, which is that every member should vote for the candidate.

If GEJ fails to grab the pdp ticket, he should forget about his ambition to contest, optionally he will join another party
or form one and break the pdp arrangement because the party will become divided and the nation will certainly be affected.

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by naso2(m): 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gbagauuuuuuun. correct talk
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by PapaBrowne(m): 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2010
Nigerians!!! Can't we put things in proper perspective for once
GEJ would only go to meet IBB when he is pretty sure he has defeated him!!If this really happened, then GEJ pretty much already has the PDP primaries in his hands. He probably only went to provide soft landing for IBB. He doesn't want to disgrace the guy!!

I read 6 pages of IBB's interview on Guardian yesterday and all I saw especially in the middle of the interview was a very frustrated man. He is angry with Jonathan. And towards OBJ, he is very bitter. These two men are the only clogs in his wheel towards becoming president.

From very credible analysis, Jonathan had 18 states before the South west PDP endorsed him while IBB had 12,  With the endorsement he would now have about 24 PDP states. If you notice, this meeting comes just 2 days after the endorsement. Also take note of how IBB's camp has reacted vehemently against the endorsement.

Truth is Jonathan went to Minna to tell the General to "please step down so that I don't have to embarass you at the primaries". Its simple.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by Bentola: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2010
It is only you Nairalanders who know or call anyone one corrupt. The only qualification to hold public office in Nigeria is what you are undermining. Naiarlanders, you cannot understand because you are not qualify for the underlining certification called CoRRUPTION.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by Pukkah: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2010
I think Jonathan has denied the story making the rounds that he paid a visit to Babangida.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by koolboi(m): 9:27am On Aug 31, 2010
YES HE HAS DENIED IT
THANK GOD
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GJ TO LEAVE ASO ROCK AND GO TO MINNA WHEN HE SHOULD SUMMON DAT CRIMINAL ABOKI CALLED IBB TO ASO ROCK WITH OKIGBO REPORT IN HIS RIGHT HAND
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by tkb417(m): 9:31am On Aug 31, 2010
stupid people

how difficult is it?

just tell the bleeping INEC officials to disqualify him for some allegations

tell EFCC to open a rubbish case that will be over as soon as the election is concluded

Just let him spend the pre-election days at EFCCs office at awolowo road

can it be that difficult

stupid Jonathan
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by opuro(m): 10:21am On Aug 31, 2010
power corrupts
absolute power corrupts absolutly
power again in the hands of babangida is too dangerous for this country

despite i know GEJ is not fit to rule a nation as big as naija,
i prefer him to IBB cos we can remove him anytime the need arises
but IBB, na TILL DEATH DO US APART BE THAT O
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by shakara4u(m): 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2010
[table]Why do Nigerians love to talk as if Jonathan is the default choice , because of the fear of IBB and Atiku, when we have not seen all the candidates? 4 years ago many said they would rather go with Yar Adua than Atiku and IBB.[/table][b][/b]

who are they?
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by eewule(m): 1:57pm On Aug 31, 2010
I guess a cage fight between them will solve the dispute.

All those critizing jonathans meeting with an ordinary civilian (IBB) about the 2011 election, You
should understand that this guy is surrounded by northerners there in abuja, who have very strong influence on Nigerias presidency.
(From the Sultans of the north - to the ex military chiefs and politicians)
Under normal circumstances he probably will not take that line of action (talking with IBB who was previously under investigation for allegations etc). But for peace sake, he has resolved to do this.

Also, only one of them can head the PDP seat. I really think that what he should have done is have the meeting in secret to retain reputation.
Anyway that shows that freedom of info is getting better in Naija, as nothing escape the media or press anymore.

WHATEVER HAPPENS, ONE THING IS FOR SURE = THE 2011 ELECTIONS WILL BE VERY INTERESTING.
I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE HOW IT WILL END AND WHO WILL COME OUT VICTORIUOS ON THE OTHER SIDE, WITH ALL THIS CAOS. and MAGO-MAGO
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by JimmyBoy1: 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2010
The duo are candidates that emerged from a political system that is meant to guarantee that some people's bread are perpetually buttered at the expense of common Nigerians.This system can not produce anything good as it stands currently. The fight is not between North and South contrary to what they are trying to make us belief. It is not between christians and muslims, It a fight between a monstrous oligiarchy that is bent on keeping power at all cost for the purpose of collecting rent from the system.

Head or Tail, the ultimate loser is the common folks on the streets of Mushin,Dutse,Lafia,Aba, Ekpoma,Ikirun, Gboko,Zaria,Ughelli. They leave on less than $1 per day. They are tormented by armed robbers and security agents alike.They have to provide their own electricity,water,bridges,road,security e.t.c. Dont miss it, whoever losses betwwen IBB or GEJ will still continue to take rent from the system in for of Oil Wells, hyper inflated contracts etc.

I propose we kick them out, by making the system unattractive to them. I propose that we embark on Information Revelotion. No need for cutlass or Gun. Just Put them on the Spot. When you hear that Benin Ore Expreesway has been awarded at XYZ Billion, how come our civil engineers,quantity surveyors, Accountants et.c dont come out on Tweeter, SMS,NN24 to analyse this contract. tell us what should be the reasonable value.Give facts of similar roads elsewhere in the world. Based on the facts we take them to both Courts of Law and that of Public Opinion(local and International). If they muzzle the legal process we go on strike and stay in world focues.

If this is cascaded down to projects awarded by Local Government and parastatal, how are they going to steal. Let us put them on the spot, let us make them accountable, let there be no hiding place. Let us lift the veil .

This is my crude idea but I want you guys to refine it and let us get it working.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by CareTaker1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2010
tkb417:

silly people

how difficult is it?

just tell the bleeping INEC officials to disqualify him for some allegations

tell EFCC to open a rubbish case that will be over as soon as the election is concluded

Just let him spend the pre-election days at EFCCs office at awolowo road

can it be that difficult

silly Jonathan

Watch your dirty mouth dawg, learn to show some respect to elders.
Or better still tell me, has any of your family member been so elevated as the president?
Has any of your family member ever been qualified for criticism as our president?
Learn to respect dignitaries, that way, there will be hope for your generation of atleast
becoming their shoe shiners ok?
Be a good dawg!

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by sheriffman(m): 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2010
Nairalanders once again let me tell U that though I am no prophet or spiritualist,I have a deep conviction in my heart that whatever IBB does he will not by the grace of Almighty GOD rule this country again.Never again will our merciful God give him the chance to believe that he is a demi-god.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by erniewhez(m): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2010
@Beaf, well said bro. GEJ is a good player and has all his cards in place, just waiting for the opponents false steps to capitalize on and win the game. 10mins duration of d meeting means GEJ jst wanted to giv IBB a red carpet to climb down and his doggedness is a plus for GEJ to show him d power of incumbency as IBB did 2 MKO. I guess Nigeria is about to shoot the greatest diplomacy and power film to be released in 2011. Its going to be a 3D film for d world to watch live and real. Lets jst pray it doesnt end up a war film whereby innocent youths wld be used and wasted. Of all the names listed for the Presidency, Ribadu seems most credible but with the power and dirty game tussle especially where d evil genius is involved we shld see voting Ribadu as a waste of our votes and rather go for GEJ who seems next credible based on party level and incumbent power to stop the evil genius POWER for POWER, MONEY for MONEY, WAR for WAR, RIGGING for RIGGING. He who kills by the sword let him die by the sword. And after the film ends we will now see if a part is necessary or we just need to release a new topic "THE DILEMA OF THE DIRTY POLITICIANS" and "RISE OF A NEW DAWN IN NIGERIAN POLITICS".
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by erniewhez(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2010
Jimmy Boy:

The duo are candidates that emerged from a political system that is meant to guarantee that some people's bread are perpetually buttered at the expense of common Nigerians.This system can not produce anything good as it stands currently. The fight is not between North and South contrary to what they are trying to make us belief. It is not between christians and muslims, It a fight between a monstrous oligiarchy that is bent on keeping power at all cost for the purpose of collecting rent from the system.

Head or Tail, the ultimate loser is the common folks on the streets of Mushin,Dutse,Lafia,Aba, Ekpoma,Ikirun, Gboko,Zaria,Ughelli. They leave on less than $1 per day. They are tormented by armed robbers and security agents alike.They have to provide their own electricity,water,bridges,road,security e.t.c. Dont miss it, whoever losses betwwen IBB or GEJ will still continue to take rent from the system in for of Oil Wells, hyper inflated contracts etc.

I propose we kick them out, by making the system unattractive to them. I propose that we embark on Information Revelotion. No need for cutlass or Gun. Just Put them on the Spot. When you hear that Benin Ore Expreesway has been awarded at XYZ Billion, how come our civil engineers,quantity surveyors, Accountants et.c dont come out on Tweeter, SMS,NN24 to analyse this contract. tell us what should be the reasonable value.Give facts of similar roads elsewhere in the world. Based on the facts we take them to both Courts of Law and that of Public Opinion(local and International). If they muzzle the legal process we go on strike and stay in world focues.

If this is cascaded down to projects awarded by Local Government and parastatal, how are they going to steal. Let us put them on the spot, let us make them accountable, let there be no hiding place. Let us lift the veil .

This is my crude idea but I want you guys to refine it and let us get it working.

@jIMMY BOY, Gd idea but my friend it doesnt work where u have shameless politicians. You sound as if you are new in Nigeria. These people wrote the constitution and wipe it at will, modify when they want and do and undo. Didnt you see all the stress the Late GANI FAWEHINMI went through trying to use ur ideology? He didnt succeed till he died. If we cant use resolution the best way is to gradually screen the deadliest ones out one-by-one, once d deadliest are thrown out e.g. IBB, we then move to the dirty ones and then to the corrupt ones and finally we will breathe a breath of relieve. But it has to be a gradual process. Except REVOLUTION.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by labiyemmy(m): 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2010
The Presidency has refuted this story to be very un true. Why you guys believe anything you read in the papers?
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by Nenum(m): 11:44pm On Aug 31, 2010
Jonathan has decided to dance with the masquerade in the market place.
Let him be ready cause he would have to continue dancing long after the drums have stopped.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by chelseabmw(m): 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2010
i pity ibb. . . keep wasting money
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by Solomon227(m): 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2010
If IBB refused to leave Nigeria alone he must die b/4 elction so say the bloods of his victims; Vatsa, MKO and Dele Giwa,
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by abdulmutab: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2010
why do people keep saying zoning? as far as pdp is concern zoning has stopped since 2007, When OBJ was contesting in 2007 some notherners in pdp contested against, we must learn how to be objective when analysing issues, if pdp is really sincere with it`s self it ought not had allow Rimi, Gemade notherners to contest against OBJ a southerner in 2007.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by alldone(m): 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2010
It going to be a tough one for GEJ, this IBB guy is hard to crack. He help all this people that are in power today so they will not look at his anticident but they think it is pay back time.

If we all vote IBB does not stand a chance.

if PDP refuse to take him then Independent candidate will work for him.
Re: 2011 Poll : Jonathan, Ibb Talks End In Stalmate by eewule(m): 11:36am On Sep 17, 2010
It seems like INEC means business at making the election truly free and fare. which will impose difficulties for both men. if it were the days of rigging, Jonathan could simply have rigged the whole thing, stopping IBB (the evil one) but with the 1-man-1-vote policy, how can jonathan win this election while convincing the world that its truly free and fair ?

one thing for sure: this is going to be the most interesting election worldwide - since Obama won the US.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Housewife Holds Down Teenage Maid So Husband Can Rape Her / BREAKING: Senate Resolves Crisis / Zimbabwean Soldier Discovered In Sambisa Forest!!!photo!!pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.