Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? (1035 Views)

Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? / Christian Men Can Marry More Than One Wife, No Bible Verse Is Against Polygamy – / Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams: "Christian Men Are Unromantic" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Jman06(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2019
Why is this so, especially in the north
Can a Muslim northerner on this forum give a logical answer to the above question?

There have been instances where Christian guys fell in love with a Muslim ladies, but the lady's father vehemently opposed the marriage, why is it so??

A friend of mine is currently in a similar situation and I would like to get informed answers here. And again, how do Muslims see atheists?? Do they still discriminate against them in terms of marriage

Your opinions are welcome
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by madridguy(m): 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
Simply because it's against Shariah. A muslim man is permitted to marry a non Muslim woman but it's haram for Muslim woman to marry a non Muslim man.
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Jman06(m): 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
madridguy:
Simply because it's against Shariah. A muslim man is permitted to marry a non Muslim woman but it's haram for Muslim woman to marry a non Muslim man.
That is gender discrimination at its worst!
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by madridguy(m): 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2019
Call it anything it is Islamic law.

Jman06:
That is gender discrimination at its worst!

Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Omonken: 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2019
U JUST REMIND ME OF EVIL CULTS that find joy in shedding blood.
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by falcon01: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2019
Jman06:
Can a Muslim northerner on this forum give a logical answer to the above question?

There have been instances where Christian guys fell in love with a Muslim ladies, but the lady's father vehemently opposed the marriage, why is it so??

A friend of mine is currently in a similar situation and I would like to get informed answers here. And again, how do Muslims see atheists?? Do they still discriminate against them in terms of marriage

let Me give you a logical explanation.

Women In Abrahamic Religions are considered Properties, They are one step above a slave. If A man marries a woman, he has control over everything that deals with her life. Islamically, if a Muslim Man marries a Christian woman, he owns her and she will do anything he says her children are under him they must practice Islam since the head of the house is A Muslim. But if A Muslim Woman marries a Christian Man, He owns her and her children . Its more of Like getting more members to your side than loosing members Simple. A Muslim woman can Marry a slave, but a Muslim slave she owns but Immediately she marries him, she has become his property and she Automatically answer to him and all she owned becomes his.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Jman06(m): 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2019
falcon01:
let Me give you a logical explanation.

Women In Abrahamic Religions are considered Properties, They are one step above a slave. If A man marries a woman, he has control over everything that deals with her life. Islamically, if a Muslim Man marries a Christian woman, he owns her and she will do anything he says her children are under him they must practice Islam since the head of the house is A Muslim. But if A Muslim Woman marries a Christian Man, He owns her and her children . Its more of Like getting more members to your side than loosing members Simple. A Muslim woman can Marry a slave, but a Muslim slave she owns but Immediately she marries him, she has become his property and she Automatically answer to him and all she owned becomes his.
So what you are trying to say is that the Muslims consider it a loss to marry off their daughters to a Christian man And yet Christian fathers don't have problems giving their daughters to Muslim men?? In that case in think Christian dads should as well stop marrying off their daughters to Muslim men.

How about atheists How does Islam consider them in terms of marriage Especially if the atheist husband won't stop the woman from practising islam??
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by haladadon: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2019
why do Christian father's allow their daughters marry a Muslim? is it a form of inferiority complex.

or are they not practicing Christianity anymore?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by falcon01: 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2019
Jman06:
So what you are trying to say is that the Muslims consider it a loss to marry off their daughters to a Christian man And yet Christian fathers don't have problems giving their daughters to Muslim men?? In that case in think Christian dads should as well stop marrying off their daughters to Muslim men.

How about atheists How does Islam consider them in terms of marriage Especially if the atheist husband won't stop the woman from practising islam??
Yes Muslims consider it a loss.
Muslims are not allowed to marry off their women to any other religion other than Islam.

Muslim men can also Only Marry from the people of the book i.e From the Abrahamic Religions (Jews, Christians, Muslims e.t.c), but they cannot marry a woman who is outside i.e Greek, mythology, Norse Mythology, Pagans, Atheist, because their belief is absolutely different while the Abrahamic Religions all look similar because they come from the same region.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Jman06(m): 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
falcon01:

Yes Muslims consider it a loss.
Muslims are not allowed to marry off their women to any other religion other than Islam.

Muslim men can also Only Marry from the people of the book i.e From the Abrahamic Religions (Jews, Christians, Muslims e.t.c), but they cannot marry a woman who is outside i.e Greek, mythology, Norse Mythology, Pagans, Atheist, because their belief is absolutely different while the Abrahamic Religions all look similar because they come from the same region.
That's too bad sha. I wish Nigerian Muslims could become more liberal like their Christian counterparts.

So what if the man converts to Islam and after the marriage decides to quit but did not stop the lady from continuing in the religion
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Jman06(m): 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
haladadon:
why do Christian father's allow their daughters marry a Muslim? is it a form of inferiority complex.

or are they not practicing Christianity anymore?

I think the reason is because Christians are more liberal than Muslims.

That's one reason why I like Christianity even as an agnostic atheist. They don't force anything on anybody!

I wish Muslims could become like that
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by falcon01: 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
Jman06:
That's too bad sha. I wish Nigerian Muslims could become more liberal like their Christian counterparts.

So what if the man converts to Islam and after the marriage decides to quit but did not stop the lady from continuing in the religion

There are bunch of people out there who are trying their best to Stop this barbaric act and extremism in Islam they are Trying to Reform Islam so that it will suit Modern Living so far a lot of progress is been made, social media, Tv stations, and other means of communication.

In this case the Man has committed Apostasy which is one of the biggest crime in Islam and he shall be punished according to Islamic Jurisdictions. He Shall be beheaded.
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Jman06(m): 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2019
falcon01:

There are bunch of people out there who are trying their best to Stop this barbaric act in Islam they are Trying to Reform Islam so that it will suit Modern Living so far a lot of progress is been made, social media, Tv stations, and other means of communication.

In this case the Man has committed Apostasy which is one of the biggest crime in Islam and he shall be punished according to Islamic Jurisdictions. He Shall be beheaded.
Hmmmm!

That's too harsh mehn!

Please let them keep up the reformation. Religion of whatever kind should not be taken that far as to beheading someone for opting out.
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by adelee777: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2019
Jman06:

And Hausa and Fulani Muslim girls are very beautiful. About Northern Muslim view on atheists, the goofs consider anyone that is not a muslim to be a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Jman06(m): 8:06pm On Mar 01, 2019
adelee777:

And Hausa and Fulani Muslim girls are very beautiful. About Northern Muslim view on atheists, the goofs consider anyone that is not a muslim to be a Christian.
Honestly, very beautiful!
They seriously need to start being a bit liberal with religion.
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by hopefulLandlord: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2019
Jman06:
So what you are trying to say is that the Muslims consider it a loss to marry off their daughters to a Christian man And yet Christian fathers don't have problems giving their daughters to Muslim men??
It goes both ways bro. Christian fathers have problems with their daughters marrying Muslim men too
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:14am On Mar 02, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

It goes both ways bro. Christian fathers have problems with their daughters marrying Muslim men too

A LOT OF CHRISTIAN WOMEN ARE MARRIED TO RICH MUSLIM MEN THOUGH. WITH MONEY THERE'S A LOT ONE CAN DO AND UNDO.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Jman06(m): 9:19am On Mar 02, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

But they don't take it to the extreme if the daughter insists on marrying the guy unlike the Muslim fathers that would go as far as even killing the lady.
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by adelee777: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2019
Jman06:
Honestly, very beautiful!
They seriously need to start being a bit liberal with religion.

From my experience Hausa and Fulani girls prefer Southern guys as they are more romantic and liberal. They are only afraid of what will happen to them if they are discovered to be dating Southern christian guys. I had a Hausa/Fulani lover that told me this. The girl wanted me to impregnate her as she was too much in love that time. She was stunningly beautiful. This still seems to be an understatement in describing her.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by hopefulLandlord: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2019
Jman06:
But they don't take it to the extreme if the daughter insists on marrying the guy unlike the Muslim fathers that would go as far as even killing the lady.

I know Christians that would go to extreme. Jehovah's Witnesses is a good example who won't even allow you marry from another Christian sect let alone religion. I feel while Muslims have more of those compared to Christians its wrong to generalise the way you did.

Also in the part of your previous post I first quoted you sounded like the Muslim man who wants to marry someone from a Christian home won't face any opposition from the prospective bride's parents which isn't true at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Jman06(m): 9:46am On Mar 02, 2019
adelee777:

From my experience Hausa and Fulani girls prefer Southern guys as they are more romantic and liberal. They are only afraid of what will happen to them if they are discovered to be dating Southern christian guys. I had a Hausa/Fulani lover that told me this. The girl wanted me to impregnate her as she was too much in love that time. She was stunningly beautiful. This still seems to be an understatement in describing her.
Would impregnating her have made the parents consent to the two of you getting married??
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by hopefulLandlord: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

A LOT OF CHRISTIAN WOMEN ARE MARRIED TO RICH MUSLIM MEN THOUGH. WITH MONEY THERE'S A LOT ONE CAN DO AND UNDO.

You could say the same about Muslim women marrying rich Christian men.
Re: Why Don't Muslim Fathers Allow Their Daughters Marry Christian Men??? by Jman06(m): 9:56am On Mar 02, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

I know Christians that would go to extreme. Jehovah's Witnesses is a good example. I feel while Muslims have more of those compared to Christians its wrong to generalise the way you did
Sorry, it's not like I'm exonerating Christians from religious extremism, but I think they are more liberal when it comes to marriage between Christian ladies and Muslim guys than the reverse. My opinion is based on the number of Christian ladies married to Muslim men which is higher than going the other way round.

Also Christians tend to be more tolerant of atheists than Muslims, hence in a family, one member may be atheist and still live in peace with the rest who are Christians. This can't happen in Muslim homes.

(1) (Reply)

How I Get Money To Run My Ministry — TB Joshua / Gospel Singer Amaka Gift | Biography | Profile / Tb Joshua Has Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.