Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? (3276 Views)

Boko Haram Might Try To Attack Kaduna Today. / The Only Way To End Violence Is To Implement Sharia Law - Islamic Cleric / Major Muhammadu Buhari's Plan To Implement Sharia Law Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by babasin(m): 8:51am On Apr 25, 2007
Yar'adua Will Implement Sharia Across Nigeria

Well, Sharia will soon be implemented across Nigeria plus a full blown membership of OIC.

Yaradua will start on this shortly as he did in Katsina as governor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/860660.stm

Nigeria seems to have short memory. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by saintchux(m): 9:54am On Apr 25, 2007
@ babasin

Why are you spreading rumors.

Is Kastina state now Nigeria. And that news was 2000. not recent

Tuesday, 1 August, 2000, 10:25 GMT 11:25 UK
Nigeria's Katsina state adopts Sharia

The Nigerian state of Katsina has become the fifth northern state to formally adopt Islamic law or Sharia this year.

I assure adherents of other faiths that government will guarantee the security of their lives and property

Katsina Governor Umar Musa Yar'Adua
The expansion of Sharia has been broadly welcomed by the Muslim majority in the north of Nigeria but opposed by the Christian minority.

Its introduction has led to major unrest in other states, and more than 1,000 people have died in clashes over the issue.

Katsina Governor Umar Musa Yar'Adua has spent the day opening Sharia courts.

I assure adherents of other faiths that government will guarantee the security of their lives and property

Katsina Governor Umar Musa Yar'Adua
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by babasin(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2007
@saintchux,
Is Kastina state now Nigeria. And that news was 2000. not recent

People are judged by their action or in-action.

Yaradua as head of Katinsa implemented Sharia in his state. And sharia is still practiced in Katsina!

It follows that same Yaradua will implement sharia in Nigeria as the President.

You should have look at all his actions before rigg/selecting him.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by McKren(m): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2007
Please Yaradua a muslim serving as Governor in a predominantly muslim state is totally different from being President of Nigeria, if his people want sharia law why will he kick against it??

But that is different from being President, lets be optimistic and give him a chance, all this unnecessary dust u trying to raise will get no where.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by alabiyemmy(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2007
posting a news item of year 2000 and relating it to issues of year 2007 smacks off nothing but complete and arrant propaganda to discredit a person and raise a state of pandemic anger at the person of Yar' Adua.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by Pain(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2007
Which Do You Prefer? What About The Possible Legalization Of Sodomy. A[b] Favorite Pastime [/b]Of One Of The Loser Candidates?
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by babasin(m): 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2007
@Mckren,
Please Yaradua a muslim serving as Governor in a predominantly muslim state is totally different from being President of Nigeria

Well Nigeria is 52% muslim. So he is correct to from your statement above; Nigeria is more muslim as christian.

And since he listen, why wont he listen and implement same sharia as President?

The die is cast; OBJ as handed-over to Sharia Apologist
cool grin cool

@alabiyemmy,
posting a news item of year 2000 and relating it to issues of year 2007

in 1979, OBJ was paddy-paddy President, in 2007 OBJ still remain a paddy-paddy President.

'ALI must go' was OBJ creation in 1970s, yet in 2007 same ALI is PDP chairman. so you statement has no merit

We now have sharia apologist as President elect
shocked grin shocked
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by alabiyemmy(m): 12:33pm On Apr 25, 2007
someone is not making sense here.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by kellorah: 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2007
wot??
says who
no way!!!  angry

he best be ready for war angry angry angry
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by Afam(m): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2007
This is the type of statement that is borne out of ignorance that tend to do no good.

Katsina implemented Sharia because the state house of assembly passed it into law because overwhelming majority of the people wanted it.

In Nigeria today we have seen OBJ push for certain things with the senate rejecting it.

We cannot imagine a senate where 2/3 majority will vote for Sharia considering the make up of the country.

Enough of this conspiracy theories and outright wrong conclusions based on wrong premises.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by babasin(m): 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2007
@Afam,
In Nigeria today we have seen OBJ push for certain things with the senate rejecting it.

Well have you seen new people who will be senators? have you seen all PDP members and in first-two years; they need to re-coup money spent in election?

You people are dreaming!!! Nigerians always have short memory.

The fact  is that Yaradau is a sharia apologist; he implemented sharia in his state, He will do it again for Nigeria.

It is his way of Life; sharia!

Before there was no church in Aso Rock, but OBJ built one; becos christianity his is way of life!
cool grin cool
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by saintchux(m): 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2007
@babasin

No wonder u are not even a Nigerian, at Cameron highland. enjoy ur life.

FYI. Nigerians will decided what we won't when the time comes. Enjoy ur life.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by TayoD(m): 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2007
@babasin,

Nigeria seems to have short memory

It is unfair to put the blame squarely on Nigerians. You have assumed here that the wishes of the Nigerian 99% minority (yes minority) was expressed and considered at the last election.

The results of the last election expressed the wish of the 1% majority - PDP.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by Beline(f): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2007
Certainly that can't happen because Nigeria as a country is different from Katsina as a state and mind you that before any bill is pass to law, it must have been duly deliberated in the House, but if this happen in the future i'm afraid there will be problem.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by pssword: 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2007
Wow, it looks like atiku's agents are already putting on a tour de in force!
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by femi4love(m): 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2007
I'm not surprised about this thread, unprogressive people will always look for or try to conjour problems where there's none. People just make stupid statements as if they never passed through school, ( Or is it the other way round??). It's not hard to know this type of people, just read their insensible topics.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by adejumobi(m): 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2007
Nigeria has moved from a decree to constitutions, dont forget that National assembly have to debate on it b4 it coiuld be adopted.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by BlackMamba(m): 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2007
Did anyone, especially our "brown envelope" journalists ever tried to get his view on Sharia if he is elected president? At least he would have clarified his position on the issue, for future reference.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by spicie: 3:15pm On Apr 25, 2007
If Yaradua is implementing sharia,he should pls start from his house as his kids are dressing half naked nd calling themselves muslims.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by dkingsgirl(f): 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2007
who dash am liver
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by McKren(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2007
If Yaradua is so much a Sharia fanatic, I wonder why he will not sponsor hadj because he thinks it does not add value to the lives of his people.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by darqly(m): 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2007
@Babasin, I think you've gotten the reaction you wanted to this inane topic. Nonetheless, sharia in Nigeria is as feasible as growing corn on the moon.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by tasiana(m): 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2007
U pple wanted Fee Dee Fee government.Now u got it cry Wats the holaabaloo
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by olawamiwa(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2007
As for me, i think Nigeria is bigger the Katsina state.  Also, we have the upper and the lower house as a representative of the entire country and not a section of the country to checkmate the presidency.
I dont even think about possibility of Sharia.  But i think for once in a space of 8 years, we will have a President who will sit at home instead of flying all over the world; to attend to the inherent problems of the country.
Note: There is an exception to the above statement. " that is the medical check-up abroad"
That is understandable.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by babasin(m): 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2007
@BlackMamba,
Did anyone, especially our "brown envelope" journalists ever tried to get his view on Sharia if he is elected president?

This is the most rational reply I have read so far!

Instead asking questions; you are be clouded by hatred for Atiku.

and all you talking democracy and National Assembly; Hitler was democratically elected with 'Bundesrat'

@TayoD,
The results of the last election expressed the wish of the 1% majority - PDP

Well said.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by naggib(m): 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2007
babasin,sha its not ur fault>>>>>y the romour?pls think b4 u post>>>,
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by babasin(m): 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2007
well, dont say you were not warned!!

when OBJ started in 1999, every one said he has changed, he was in Abacha prison.

Now that he has dealt with Nigerians; they want him go by all means even if handing over to sharia apologist

Thats Naija for show: patch-patch work
cool grin cool
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by CrazyMan(m): 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2007
I didn't vote for Yar'adua so if he wants to implement sharia across be it a rumor or not, that's his own business.
All i know is that am not a part of thir corruption. I have a clean conscience.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by debosky(m): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2007
because no-one has any dirt to splash about Umaru, they have resorted to the sharia scare-mongering.

But it won't work, Nigerians and Yar'Adua are smarter than that, He will lead an economic revolution, not a religious one.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by nazzyon(m): 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2007
I am not opposing you guys but I just want you to know one thing about Sharia.

The main rule that holds for Sharia is "No offense, No punishment"

The poblem most people have is that they can't do without there bad behaviours. Though in countries that are ruled by the Sharia law crimes still occur but it is limited compared to the state at which our  dear country's. Even in countries ruled with Sharia law christians are still leaving in the countries and all other religious still exist.

We know that crime is inevitable but it will be reduced to an unbelievable percentage.

By my way of explanation you should know that I am a muslim but.  Note: I am not campaigning for Sharia but point out some facts of sharia.

Note: Every rule of law is always for the betterment of an association, group, community, town , country, Nation, world.

Saying all these about Islam/Sharia doesn't mean I am safe from the law but if I should relocate to a country which is ruled by Sharia I can always cope. It is just a matter of been cautious of one's action.

May God Almighty guide us to the right path.
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by nazzyon(m): 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2007
Re: Yar'adua Might Try To Implement Sharia Across Nigeria? by CrazyMan(m): 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2007
debosky:

because no-one has any dirt to splash about Umaru, they have resorted to the sharia scare-mongering.

But it won't work, Nigerians and Yar'Adua are smarter than that, He will lead an economic revolution, not a religious one.
Don't forget he is Obsanjo's remote.
So if Obasanjo want's him to Implement Sharia, he has no option than to do it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IMAGINE: WIPE Out The Whole N/delta For Peace To Reign. - Hon Bala Ibn Na’allah / Yoruba Cleric Caught With Human Parts In Ilorin / Ex-militant Commanders Warn Against Move To Impeach Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.