Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

"I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar (41446 Views)

FFK: I Am Glad To Hear That Obaseki Has Joined PDP / Wike Receives Osinbajo, Abdulsalami Abubakar In Rivers (Photos) / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by therealog: 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
The Chairman of the National Peace Committee, General Abdulsalam Abubakar, says the group has presented the grievances and observations of the Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate in Saturday’s election, Atiku Abubakar, to the President.

Gen. Abubakar told journalists after the committee met with President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday that the meeting was basically to convey the fears of the PDP to the President, affirming that Mr. Atiku did not give conditions as being speculated.

“Mr. President has listened to us and also taken note of what we have told him.

On behalf of this country and all of us regardless, we need peace. This country is very important to all of us.

We are not talking of self-interest; we are talking of the interest of Nigeria,” said Gen Abubakar.

He described the PDP presidential candidate’s decision to approach the courts as the right thing to do.

"I keep saying, whenever there is violence, we are not going to see violence in Ikoyi, in the Villa and you will not find violence in the various government houses in this country.

“It is always the poor men that get to kill themselves and so on. So, please, yes, as much as we have grievances, l am glad that the PDP said they are going to court to challenge the process. l think this is the right way to go about it, and l hope and pray that we will maintain this.”

The meeting comes a day after the Committee met with the PDP Presidential candidate, in the company of other leaders of the party including the PDP National Chairman, Uche Secondus, Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and House of Representatives Speaker, Yakubu Dogara, among others.

The National Peace Committee has been in the forefront of the campaign for peaceful elections in the country.

In the run up to the Presidential and National Assembly polls, the Committee got the presidential candidates to sign a Peace Accord, pledging to maintain the atmosphere peace and urge their supporters to abstain from violence.

Source:
https://deecap.com/2019/03/i-am-glad-the-pdp-are-going-to-court-gen-abdulsalami-abubakar/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by successmatters(m): 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
Peace without justice is the peace of the graveyard - African proverbs

154 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2019
Baba don see better evidence
But that man with 32 children no go allow them succeed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
I would advice that he withdraw this case. The judiciary is controlled by the ruling party whether we like or not. PMB went to court during Pdp's era and nothing came out of it Atiku wouldn't be different.Please whoever is reading this or related to Atiku should advice him to give up.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by ojun50(m): 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
Wetinconcernme

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by criminalmindz: 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
Kingwizzy16:
Baba don see better evidence But that man with 32 children no go allow them succeed
don't worry, he will succumb when hit supreme Court

1 Like

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Damsyjay(m): 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2019
if you like go to court...you are not destined to be president

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by GOFRONT(m): 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2019
Nigeria is where Professors rig elections , but expel students for examination malpractice.

171 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by MrAJQ(m): 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
Everyone is happy.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by OddsIsland(m): 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2019
Court that Buhari has hijacked?
Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by id911(m): 12:07am On Mar 02, 2019
asuustrike1:
I would advice that he withdraw this case. The judiciary is controlled by the ruling party whether we like or not. PMB went to court during Pdp's era and nothing came out of it Atiku wouldn't be different.Please whoever is reading this or related to Atiku should advice him to give up.

You're one of the problems of this country. If atrocities are committed and something is not done about it, the perpetrators become emboldened.

Buhari called the noble and highly revered Supreme Court justices corrupt, let us see if they are actually corrupt as Buhari has said if they turn a blind eye to that blatantly and obviously rigged elections

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Chikpat(m): 2:27am On Mar 02, 2019
Chop chop politicians!
You ard happy PDP is going to court, yet you went ahead to present their grievances to the President.
What do you want to achieve by that?
Same way, stupid Ohaneze congratulated Buhari after endorsing Atiku twice ab initio. What do they want to achieve bu telling Buhari to make an Igbo man SP? There are ways you dont insult Nigeria or our president abeg

13 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by KingLennon(m): 5:58am On Mar 02, 2019
GOFRONT:
Nigeria is where Professors rig elections , but expel students for examination malpractice.

If you see that kind Prof just look am for eye very well then you pass. Him go know say thunder go fire am one day

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by KingLennon(m): 6:01am On Mar 02, 2019
I know Atiku won't win. But I'll be happy he points out those Irregularities to INEC and let them see the extent of rigging. Though He may not win but atleast half of our population are not Illiterates....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Hofbrauhaus(m): 7:00am On Mar 02, 2019
Atiku Abubakar did not give any condition as speculated. So where did nairaland get that fake news?
APC has already hijacked nairaland. This is now an avenue for all-things fake.

Continue..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by dunkem21(m): 7:07am On Mar 02, 2019
undecided

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by akoaki(m): 7:21am On Mar 02, 2019
asuustrike1:
A dog that will get lost would not hear the whistle of the hunter.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 02, 2019
id911:

You're one of the problems of this country. If atrocities are committed and something is not done about it, the perpetrators become emboldened.

Buhari called the noble and highly revered Supreme Court justices corrupt, let us see if they are actually corrupt as Buhari has said if they turn a blind eye to that blatantly and obviously rigged elections
It is the truth. Nothing will come from that court case mark my words. The judiciary indeed is corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:02am On Mar 02, 2019
The illegal declaration of Buhari by INEC must be reversed by the court

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Naijawebmaster: 8:03am On Mar 02, 2019
Okay oh
Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by somalianprince: 8:04am On Mar 02, 2019
Good. He knows PDP will win at the court and form the next government. The election was massively rigged by APC. We are coming with evidence in court

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by MrAnele(m): 8:05am On Mar 02, 2019
We all know hw it will end though

I build websites, and I'm based in Abuja

See my signature / profile

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by nurex01(m): 8:05am On Mar 02, 2019
You see now
Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by ClearFlair: 8:05am On Mar 02, 2019
Atiku and Obi are sore losers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Mankosi: 8:08am On Mar 02, 2019
Ok
Re: "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar by 2undeee(m): 8:09am On Mar 02, 2019
id911:

My brother every body rig the election one just Sabi pass one

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) / Jerome Ezeneche: Why I Am Called King Of Six Nations – Igwe 10 - 10 / Biafra: US Probes Agitators’ Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.