Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,623 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age (12691 Views)

We Will Curse You If You Betray Us: Wike Tells Rivers PDP Assembly Candidates / PDP Assembly Candidate, 13 More From Labor Party Decamp To APC / Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by zakim(m): 5:52am On Mar 02, 2019
Eight days to the governorship and House of Assembly elections, one of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s candidates in Ekiti State, Sunday Omosilade, on Friday, withdrew from the race.

He explained that he was withdrawing because “I can’t be part of an already determined process.”

Omosilade, who is the PDP candidate for Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government Constituency two in Ekiti State, said the neutrality and independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had been called to question with the conduct of previous elections, especially the last Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly elections.

The letter dated March 1, 2019 and addressed to the state chapter of the PDP and copied to INEC read; “Please be informed of my withdrawal from the Ekiti State House of Assembly Irepodun/Ifelodun Constituency ll coming up on the 9th of March, 2019.

“I have personally lost confidence in the electoral process, most especially, with the last Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly elections that were brazenly manipulated in favour of the APC coupled with the unchecked harassment/intimidation by security agencies before, during and after the elections.

“The neutrality/independent of INEC has been called to question in previous and the just concluded elections in Nigeria, hence my lack of confidence in the process.

“I have copied INEC this letter to intimate the commission of this development.

“While thanking the party and its members for the opportunity given me to represent them, I feel I can’t operate under an already determined end of a process.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ekiti-pdp-assembly-candidate-withdraws-says-he-has-lost-confidence-in-inec-security-agencies.html

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by weyreypey: 6:21am On Mar 02, 2019
Better. Don't join the circus.

14 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by focus7: 6:24am On Mar 02, 2019
He smells defeat so he took early exit to safe himself from embarrassment.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by DMerciful(m): 6:28am On Mar 02, 2019
What's the point of joining a circus when you're not a clown?

11 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by blujoi(m): 6:32am On Mar 02, 2019
Good move!!

12 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by torino88(m): 6:56am On Mar 02, 2019
Good

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by torino88(m): 6:58am On Mar 02, 2019
focus7:
He smells defeat so he took early exit to safe himself from embarrassment.
how is defeat in a contest an embarrassment? smh

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Masama: 7:15am On Mar 02, 2019
Elections will still go ahead with or without you

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 02, 2019
No prob election will still go
Anyway buy your DRY PLANTAIN ( Plantain flakes) in any quantities you want and they are of very good quality. Buy now before the price goes up, because of rain.
Call or whatsapp me

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by femijamz: 7:18am On Mar 02, 2019
APC a scamme of the year

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 02, 2019
please who is.the governorship candidate of ogun pdp?
Buruji or Lado?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 02, 2019
What goes around comes around. That was the norm under GEJ and Fayose

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by gulfer: 7:24am On Mar 02, 2019
Oga, your name is already on the ballot and surely your score will be tagged to your name......coward angry angry angry angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Babaflenjor: 7:27am On Mar 02, 2019
g
Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by MrAnele(m): 7:29am On Mar 02, 2019
The Definition of Cowardice

I build websites and I'm based in Abuja

See my signature / profile
Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Compliant(m): 7:30am On Mar 02, 2019
No fayose to help

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by alamoht(m): 7:30am On Mar 02, 2019
Fully Montessori school

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Tomide007: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2019
Lizzyangel:
please who is.the governorship candidate of ogun pdp?

Buruji or Lado?
Everyone is has confused as you are, but the inec recognises buruji, the party on the federal level does not.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Bebson007(m): 7:35am On Mar 02, 2019
My brother I love what you did, this should have been the exact step Jonathan should have taken if he knew he wouldn't continue the race.
all the pressure PDP is facing today they wouldn't have if he former President Jonathan took this bold step
Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Franzinni: 7:42am On Mar 02, 2019
If you follow politics in this country you are just updating yourself on useless entertainment and that is all...

The script is written on the spot by useless politicians and carried out by useless greedy bastards

We would soon have a nation.... But for now we have a very big ZOO!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by NOHOLDSBAR: 7:43am On Mar 02, 2019
Running from certain DEFEAT.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Jobabori(m): 7:46am On Mar 02, 2019
A bold step. Let other PDP candidates all over the nation do the same.
Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by olajide8(m): 7:54am On Mar 02, 2019
zakim:
Eight days to the governorship and House of Assembly elections, one of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s candidates in Ekiti State, Sunday Omosilade, on Friday, withdrew from the race.

He explained that he was withdrawing because “I can’t be part of an already determined process.”

Omosilade, who is the PDP candidate for Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government Constituency two in Ekiti State, said the neutrality and independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had been called to question with the conduct of previous elections, especially the last Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly elections.

The letter dated March 1, 2019 and addressed to the state chapter of the PDP and copied to INEC read; “Please be informed of my withdrawal from the Ekiti State House of Assembly Irepodun/Ifelodun Constituency ll coming up on the 9th of March, 2019.

“I have personally lost confidence in the electoral process, most especially, with the last Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly elections that were brazenly manipulated in favour of the APC coupled with the unchecked harassment/intimidation by security agencies before, during and after the elections.

“The neutrality/independent of INEC has been called to question in previous and the just concluded elections in Nigeria, hence my lack of confidence in the process.

“I have copied INEC this letter to intimate the commission of this development.

“While thanking the party and its members for the opportunity given me to represent them, I feel I can’t operate under an already determined end of a process.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ekiti-pdp-assembly-candidate-withdraws-says-he-has-lost-confidence-in-inec-security-agencies.html

Better, they were obviously going to loose, all the same - with the reflection of the happening in the last general election

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Assembly Candidate Withdraws, Says No Confidence In INEC, Security Age by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 8:05am On Mar 02, 2019
Yeah

Nice-Move

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Panel ‘uncovers’ $995m FG Funds Outside TSA / Ekiti APC: Oluwole Oluyede Escapes Suspension For Anti-Party Activities / Segun Oduyemi: How To Make The EndSARS Movement Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.