Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike (10567 Views)

SSANU: University Workers To Resume Strike / ASUU May Move To Resume Strike Action Tomorow / ASUU Set To Resume Strike; As Fgn Refuse To Meet Up Agreement. Nasarawareports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by akelicious(m): 6:14am On Mar 02, 2019
The Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU), Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero (KSUSTA), chapter, has concluded arrangement to resume the suspend strikes until its pending issues are addressed by the state government.

A press statement issued by its Chairman, Dr. Ibrahim Garba Wawata, shortly after the ASUU/KSUSTA meeting held at the institution’s premise, said following the suspension of the nationwide strike by the parent body, the KSUSTA branch has decided to continue its localise strike, pending the outcome of its agreement with the state government.

He recalled that on April 1, last year, the memorandum of action was signed between the union and the government, but not action had been taken to implement the agreement; hence the decision to resumed the suspend strikes until their pending issues are addressed by the state government. Wawata lamented the way and manner the government abandoned the institution, adding: “They are playing politics with institution.

I don’t know how the future of our new generation will be like if the government will continue like this.” He said tat the negotiation committee, headed by the commissioner for Higher Education, who is a former university vice chancellor, and the union resolved that government had agreed to look into their request, but nothing has been done.

He explained that the union outlined some issues categorised into four majors segments, such as staff welfare, implementation and payment of promotion arrears, implementation of annual increments and payment of arrears, earned academic allowances, research and development, school infrastructure and funding by the state government. Wawata admonished the government to look into the recent mass illegal recruitment by the management, adding that due process was not followed.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/kebbi-varsity-ASUU-to-resume-strike.html

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Saintsami(m): 6:27am On Mar 02, 2019
Just passing by.......! but wait, i don't blame those "ASUU". those people want their salary to be paid. Government need to do something new about those strike

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Godjone(m): 6:29am On Mar 02, 2019
Sai next cripple sorry level I meant to say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by MrAnele(m): 7:16am On Mar 02, 2019
The suffering masses keep voting in the sane people... That's why the suffering will never stop..

See my signature

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Richdad50(m): 7:16am On Mar 02, 2019
Western University system in the deep north should be scrapped and replaced with Islamic education
لجامعة الإسلامية‎I,

#Richdad

7 Likes

Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by clevervikson(m): 7:17am On Mar 02, 2019
cry

Dear God,
May my school ASUU never see this thread

If they should Lord, that would after 2018/2019 set are done with school

Amen

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 02, 2019
No problem see the school gate.
Anyway buy your DRY PLANTAIN ( Plantain flakes) in any quantities you want and they are of very good quality. Buy now before the price goes up, because of rain.
Call or whatsapp me

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by theoldpretender(m): 7:19am On Mar 02, 2019
The main issue with state universities is that they are funded by state governments who increasingly don't have enough money to pay them

So, at the end of the day...Kebbi is going to have to increase fees, or ASUU in Kebbi is going to keep on going on strike.
Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Emu4life(m): 7:21am On Mar 02, 2019
Godjone:
Sai next cripple sorry level I meant to say
What has this got to do with NEXT LEVEL flat head.!!

1 Like

Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 02, 2019
clevervikson:
cry

Dear God,
May my school ASUU never see this thread

If they should Lord, that would after 2018/2019 set are done with school

Amen
Lol amen
Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Sluvist(m): 7:34am On Mar 02, 2019
I support this one.
Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Chimezie198(m): 7:41am On Mar 02, 2019
Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Gbeminayo: 7:43am On Mar 02, 2019
yeah thank God for another and for the salvation of soul....

omo I know na prank government dey play because of election dey cancel the strike now Shame Bag Bag is back on sit Next Level strike.
Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by cana882(m): 7:48am On Mar 02, 2019
These ones had fun during the last strike. So much fun that they wish to continue after gathering election money from atiku grin
Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Onyeke12: 8:03am On Mar 02, 2019
No investment
Do you have a PC or Android phone?
you can earn $10 per day

https:///2349062708098
Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by vicfajeze: 8:09am On Mar 02, 2019
Glorified secondary school �
Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Sheriman(m): 8:15am On Mar 02, 2019
I weep for our county called Nigeria
Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by electroilorin(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2019
and they just gave me admission oo
make una no try any strike ooo
if una no want make thunder strike una o
Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Kingcesar: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2019
Some states in Nigeria only exist in Nigeria map and 36state and capital. Shey kebbi nah capital of Adamawa state ??

Re: Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike by Meekha(m): 9:36am On Mar 02, 2019
Hehehehehehe Abeg make una resume.. so that those yeye students no go come boycott my free wireless wey I dey use.. welcome to next level. shey Una vote Buhari??
Moral story: No matter how bad àn economy or a country is, there are still some people who benefit from it..shege dan'iska!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UI Postgraduate (english Test) Past Questions And Answers PDF Free Download / Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2018/2019 Admission Thread. / UNICAF Scholarships For Students In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.