Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

I Need Help According To Law - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Need Help According To Law (911 Views)

This Beautiful Girl Is Missing According To A Facebook Post / Sanwo-Olu: Obedience To Law Crucial For Our Development / Daughter Drags Father To Law For Declining To Allow Her Marry The Manshelikes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help According To Law by Obatise: 1:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
Good afternoon everyone,

My story goes thus;

A friend of a friend of mine let's say Mr A, came to me that he needed a job, I told him that there is vacancy at my workplace, I told him to apply and gave him description of who to give his C.V to. I also help monitor the C.V till it got to the right channel. Luckily he was called for interview.

After a week, my boss called me cos we've been having problems with people handling that post at my place of work. My boss then brought out two Exam script and she told me to choose whom I think she should employ, fortunate or rather unfortunate My F of F exam script and another guys exam script was giving to me as the preferred candidate. In what anyone would do, I choose my friend of friend, he got the same mark as the other guy so I didn't cheat his way in, I only favored him. The mistake I made was vouching for him. I told my boss I know him also we went to the same school.
After a some weeks, I and my boss got talking and he said "someone that has First class won't have any problem handling the task at hand."
I confronted him after hearing that and his response was that "If they remove all his carry over, won't he be in first class? " I was angry and reported hmm to my Friend let's call him Mr B.

One day, I was using the school system given to him to use, cos we all have access to it as mine crashed a day before. I wanted to check my school portal, and luckily I met his account logged in. I was curious about his result so I had a peep and what I saw was that he didn't even graduate not to talk of getting first class, he his a pass candidate. I was livid at him, printed out the result and showed it to my boss and explained all that happened to him and I also took my vouch back.

My boss thought we had a fight was why I told him and also that I knew long before he came that he didn't have his result complete. He even made mention of it when Mr A family came to harass me on Friday that if they hadn't come he would still believe that I knew about it.
After two months, Mr B work was accessed and his performance was low, they told him they don't want his service again and I was demoted but it didn't affect my salary.

I message Mr B on Facebook after he has been sacked that I am disappointed in him and I have his result and I have sent it to his friend. I also told him to be happy the management is not pressing charges as he could have been in prison by now.

Now his family is threatening me with a Lawyer. They are asking questions about where I saw the result? Because he didn't submit his result to my workplace.

My work place said they didn't send him away base on his result but on his performance.

Why my workplace didn't ask him for his result was because I had earlier vouch for him, they have his CV and application letter.

Now to my surprise, his family came and start making noise at my place of work on Friday and also promised to come again on Monday. What should I do?

Please help push this to first page., mynd44, oam4j
Re: I Need Help According To Law by ibro2much(m): 6:44am On Mar 03, 2019
Obatise:
Good afternoon everyone,

My story goes thus;

A friend of a friend of mine let's say Mr A, came to me that he needed a job, I told him that there is vacant at my workplace that he should apply and gave him description of who to give his C.V to, I also help monitor the C.V till it got to the right channel. Luckily he was called for interview and he wrote his exam.

After a week my boss called me as we have been having problem with people handling that post as they work next to me. My boss brought two Exam script to me and she told me to choose whom I think she should employ, fortunate or rather unfortunate My F of F exam script and another guys exam script was giving to me as the preferred candidate. In what anyone would do, I choose my friend of friend, he got the same mark ad the other guy so I didn't cheat his way in, I only favored him and I told my boss I know him and I recommend him, that was the greatest mistake of my life.
After a some weeks, I and my boss got talking and he said someone that has First class won't have problem doing the task at hand. I was amazed as I know his performance while in school, I confronted him and his response was that and I coat "If they remove all his carry over, won't he be in first class? " I was angry and reported hmm to my Friend let's call him Mr B.

One day, I was using the school system given to him to use, but we all have access to it as mine crashed. I wanted to check my school portal. Luckily I met his account logged in. I was curious about his result so I had a peep, I saw that he didn't even graduate not to talk of getting first class, he his a pass candidate. I was livid and decided to pronto out the result and show to the office and I took my vouch back.

Now Mr B work was accessed and he wasn't up to per as they didn't believe me and they thought that I knew and was an accomplice, they told him they don't want his service again and I was demoted but it didn't affect my salary.

I then message Mr B on Facebook that I am disappointed in him and I have his result and I have sent it to hid friend that he should be happy the work place is not pressing charge as he could have been in prison by now.

Now his family is threatening me with Lawyer that where did I see result coach he didn't submit result to my workplace. My work place said they didn't send him away base on his result but on his performance.

Now my workplace didn't ask him for his result because I had earlier vouch for him, his family came and start making noise in my office on Friday and also promise to come again on Monday. What should I do?

Don't mind my English as I am too sad to prove read.

Am not a lawyer,but what i think what you should do is to quickly escalate the case to the police station before they starts disgracing you at your work place which may affect your work.(if you report him,at least all the shouting would move away from your office to the station and he dare not come to your office again to shout at you since the police is involved).

If its true that your friend has presented a fake result as said,and you helped him secure that job,but he is not performing tasks assigned to him well before he was relieved of his duties, then you have the right to investigate the credentials he tendered.(at least FOI act,gave you that power).

Do not let anyone use the law to intimidate you.
if he want to sue you he should sue you and not embarrass you at your work place(at least his lawyers are not the one to give judgement at the court).our final year result are meant to be public that why even the school usually publish it in the convocation list.
get a copy of the convocation list of the year he graduated to confirm your findings and tell them that was where you got the information from.

But the mistake you made here is that you should have kept your findings about his result as a secret and not discuss it with Mr B,since he has been sacked(Mr B might have told Mr A,and they would think you are the one that recommended his sack).

*******MY OPINION*******

1 Like

Re: I Need Help According To Law by Obatise: 1:14pm On Mar 03, 2019
ibro2much:

But the mistake you made here is that you should have kept your findings about his result as a secret and not discuss it with Mr B,since he has been sacked(Mr B might have told Mr A,and they would think you are the one that recommended his sack).

*******MY OPINION*******

Thank you so much for your advice.
I have a made a police report and I have the S.O number. The S.O said if they call me or come to my house as promised that I should call him and he will arrest them immediately. The police station is just a stone throw to my work place.

Also, his name is not on the graduation list and he is claiming his result is not yet out when he applied for the job. But he admitted to lieing he had 2:1 in his C.V and application letter. Also Mr B is my friend and I knew Mr A through him. I also have someone call him to confirm if he graduated and he said yes. I have the recording of that and off his admission to lieing on his CV too bit he said he didn't submit result to them so I should show him the source I got the result from.
Re: I Need Help According To Law by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:59am On Mar 04, 2019
Go back and proof read your article before submission; I cannot make head or tail of your story. You have no excuse to not do so.
Re: I Need Help According To Law by ibro2much(m): 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
Obatise:

Thank you so much for your advice.
I have a made a police report and I have the S.O number. The S.O said if they call me or come to my house as promised that I should call him and he will arrest them immediately. The police station is just a stone throw to my work place.

Also, his name is not on the graduation list and he is claiming his result is not yet out when he applied for the job. But he admitted to lieing he had 2:1 in his C.V and application letter. Also Mr B is my friend and I knew Mr A through him. I also have someone call him to confirm if he graduated and he said yes. I have the recording of that and off his admission to lieing on his CV too bit he said he didn't submit result to them so I should show him the source I got the result from.

Bro please what's the update? Has the harassment stopped?

Don't tell him the source you get it o,it might be termed as infringement on his privacy.

Just claim that you could not find his name on the convocation list.
Re: I Need Help According To Law by Obatise: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
ibro2much:

Bro please what's the update? Has the harassment stopped?

Don't tell him the source you get it o,it might be termed as infringement on his privacy.

Just claim that you could not find his name on the convocation list.

Thanks for the heads-up sir,
They promise to come today but didn't see them. If they don't come buy this week that mean it was just a bluff or they have realized who is telling lie among up.
All in all, thanks sir
Re: I Need Help According To Law by Obatise: 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:
Go back and proof read your article before submission; I cannot make head or tail of your story. You have no excuse to not do so.

I have done that
Re: I Need Help According To Law by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
The family cannot do anything to you. Your friend committed forgery that's the main issue. He should be more concerned about how to deal with that.
Re: I Need Help According To Law by Obatise: 9:01am On Mar 05, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:
The family cannot do anything to you. Your friend committed forgery that's the main issue. He should be more concerned about how to deal with that.

Thank you sir,

I don't even want the matter to escalate this much as I don't have time to always head to court.
Re: I Need Help According To Law by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:48am On Mar 05, 2019
Obatise:

Thank you sir,

I don't even want the matter to escalate this much as I don't have time to always head to court.

Let him take you to court if he dares. He cannot try it
Re: I Need Help According To Law by BlackfireX: 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
Get a friend... And his name is ak47.

Get alusi Okija to reason with them...

I dey come
Re: I Need Help According To Law by Obatise: 8:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

Let him take you to court if he dares. He cannot try it
I thought as much that it would be a stupid decision to do so but what do I know
Re: I Need Help According To Law by heniford2: 7:49am On May 22, 2020
Obatise:
Good afternoon everyone,

My story goes thus;

A friend of a friend of mine let's say Mr A, came to me that he needed a job, I told him that there is vacancy at my workplace, I told him to apply and gave him description of who to give his C.V to. I also help monitor the C.V till it got to the right channel. Luckily he was called for interview.

After a week, my boss called me cos we've been having problems with people handling that post at my place of work. My boss then brought out two Exam script and she told me to choose whom I think she should employ, fortunate or rather unfortunate My F of F exam script and another guys exam script was giving to me as the preferred candidate. In what anyone would do, I choose my friend of friend, he got the same mark as the other guy so I didn't cheat his way in, I only favored him. The mistake I made was vouching for him. I told my boss I know him also we went to the same school.
After a some weeks, I and my boss got talking and he said "someone that has First class won't have any problem handling the task at hand."
I confronted him after hearing that and his response was that "If they remove all his carry over, won't he be in first class? " I was angry and reported hmm to my Friend let's call him Mr B.

One day, I was using the school system given to him to use, cos we all have access to it as mine crashed a day before. I wanted to check my school portal, and luckily I met his account logged in. I was curious about his result so I had a peep and what I saw was that he didn't even graduate not to talk of getting first class, he his a pass candidate. I was livid at him, printed out the result and showed it to my boss and explained all that happened to him and I also took my vouch back.

My boss thought we had a fight was why I told him and also that I knew long before he came that he didn't have his result complete. He even made mention of it when Mr A family came to harass me on Friday that if they hadn't come he would still believe that I knew about it.
After two months, Mr B work was accessed and his performance was low, they told him they don't want his service again and I was demoted but it didn't affect my salary.

I message Mr B on Facebook after he has been sacked that I am disappointed in him and I have his result and I have sent it to his friend. I also told him to be happy the management is not pressing charges as he could have been in prison by now.

Now his family is threatening me with a Lawyer. They are asking questions about where I saw the result? Because he didn't submit his result to my workplace.

My work place said they didn't send him away base on his result but on his performance.

Why my workplace didn't ask him for his result was because I had earlier vouch for him, they have his CV and application letter.

Now to my surprise, his family came and start making noise at my place of work on Friday and also promised to come again on Monday. What should I do?

you are a wicked soul you and a mean person you got your friend sacked and even threaten him to expose his secret you of a human should be avoid nobody should trust you and ever befriend you
Re: I Need Help According To Law by skyhighweb(m): 8:08am On May 22, 2020
heniford2:
you are a wicked soul you and a mean person you got your friend sacked and even threaten him to expose his secret you of a human should be avoid nobody should trust you and ever befriend you
see ur talks, u dey reason like scammer.

if u dey office n get opportunity to put somebody, wont u? yes right, ok.

what if the person gave u a fake cv claiming first class? at d end d person had a pass. and they end up demoting u, how will u feel.

is like u didnt even read d write up u just jump to comment
Re: I Need Help According To Law by heniford2: 8:16am On May 22, 2020
skyhighweb:
see ur talks, u dey reason like scammer.

if u dey office n get opportunity to put somebody, wont u? yes right, ok.

what if the person gave u a fake cv claiming first class? at d end d person had a pass. and they end up demoting u, how will u feel.

is like u didnt even read d write up u just jump to comment
the can never demote you reasons your not the HR u only recommend him or her the Op its not real with why the demot him or her,

so his class mate had a fake result should he do what he did the answer its no he/she must have had issues with that his close friend that's why, why would she/he not allow the company do dia own finding why can't he/she talk to his friend of his finding and see ways to adjust it nobody its perfect if you call me ur friend you should defend me and reason with me not stab me in the back and even went to facebook to make his friend know his action maybe insulting him when he should allow the sleeping dog to lie this is wickedness his lucky his friend its a nice person some people i know will make sure u see 6ft ...

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Dies, 16 Others Missing As Boat Capsizes In Lagos (Photos) / 2 Bankers Caught Making Love Inside Access Bank In Lagos / Kano Tricyclists Found Conveying Opposite Sexes Risk Ten Lashes, Six Months Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.