Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,735 members, 7,955,791 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:12 PM

Sober Reflection; Nigerians, Let'e Stop Deceiving Ourselves! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sober Reflection; Nigerians, Let'e Stop Deceiving Ourselves! (492 Views)

Picture Of Obaseki In Sober Reflection / Workers' Day: Nothing To Celebrate In Abia But Sober Reflection — Udensi / Saad Abubakar: Nigeria Is In A Bad Situation, Lets Stop Deceiving Ourselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sober Reflection; Nigerians, Let'e Stop Deceiving Ourselves! by McStoic(m): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
This post will need a little of our time/patience.

So, my epistle is birthed by the palpable ethnic misgivings all over the social mediasphere. Igbos against Yoruba, Hausa against Yoruba, Yoruba against Hausa and the chain of acrimony continues. Have you asked yourself, HOW DID WE END HERE? I am igbo by tribe but i grew up in the north and grew up in a multi tribal society in Kaduna. I have also been around the various geopolitical zones in Nigeria. Our politics has not always been this divided. And that leads me to the next part.

We have had rulers from the north in recent times namely Babangida, Sani Abacha Yar'Adua. And from the South; Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan etc. And now Buhari. Among all these, none has threatened the unity of Nigeria like Buhari. Obasanjo, Dele Momodu; Wole Soyinka, The Army Generals et al. supported Buhari in 2015, but they are no longer doing so now simply because of his undisguised favoritism nay nepotism and outright rigidity. Nigeria we grew under was not like this. Babangida will go down in history as the most detribalized northern president. Same with Obasanjo from the South West.

Now, is it not self deception and hypocrisy to ask all of us not to be bitter with this president Buhari when all his actions have always favoured the North. The East/Igbo may come across as full of hate against Buhari but has it always been so with other presidents? Deny it or admit it, every part of Nigeria has the attributes God has endowed them with to make wonderful economics for our collective benefit. If you support Buhari throwing away federal character just to spite your fellow Nigerian, it will be worse for you oo. Nigeria needs every part of her to contribute their quota. If you think Buhari will make any headway without retracing his steps, break up is ahead of us. Hate Atiku or like him, one seems to have a sense of unity and progressive mindedness with him. UNTIL EVERYONE IS GIVEN A SENSE OF BELONGING VIA FEDERAL CHARACTER, LET'S PERISH THE THOUGHT OF ONENESS.

4 Likes

Re: Sober Reflection; Nigerians, Let'e Stop Deceiving Ourselves! by Edu1324: 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
Please read below
Re: Sober Reflection; Nigerians, Let'e Stop Deceiving Ourselves! by Donald95(m): 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2019
You spoke well. Only if those Northern fool that thinks we hate them can think Back and see how we loved Yaradua, Or how we supported Atiku. Then they will know that we hate buhari because of the failure attached to him.

lalasticlala this is good.

3 Likes

Re: Sober Reflection; Nigerians, Let'e Stop Deceiving Ourselves! by ebuk4real(m): 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2019
grin

Will they hear?

Meanwhile, for the admin that banned me, continue fooling yourself. You think you can cage me, even when your father Buhari couldn't?

If you can be this dictatorial in an ordinary nairaland, imagine when your type becomes a governor, not to mention President?

Once again, you're a fool for banning me...

2 Likes

Re: Sober Reflection; Nigerians, Let'e Stop Deceiving Ourselves! by McStoic(m): 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2019
ebuk4real:
grin

Will they hear?

Meanwhile, for the admin that banned me, continue fooling yourself. You think you can cage me, even when your father Buhari couldn't?

If you can be this dictatorial in an ordinary nairaland, imagine when your type becomes a governor, not to mention President?

Once again, you're a fool for banning me...

Huh? Lol.
Re: Sober Reflection; Nigerians, Let'e Stop Deceiving Ourselves! by McStoic(m): 12:41pm On Mar 03, 2019
Donald95:
You spoke well. Only if those Northern fool that thinks we hate them can think Back and see how we loved Yaradua, Or how we supported Atiku. Then they will know that we hate buhari because of the failure attached to him.

Hmmm......actually the north under are setting a very dangerous precedent. I don't see Nigeria continuing as one entity in the next 10 years if this goes on unchecked and unstopped.
lalasticlala this is good.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Perfect Prediction Of 2019 Election By Facebook User / OBJ At 82: Goodluck Jonathan Writes An Heartfelt Piece To Obasanjo / Guber Election: PDP Candidate ,isah Ashiru Wins Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.