Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

"O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation (1431 Views)

‘this Is Not Kwara’ – Tinubu Kicks Against ‘O To Ge’ In Lagos / Man Knelt Before Saraki Finally Joins The "O To Ge" Movement / Crowd Chants O To Ge, Ole At Bukola Saraki And Kwara PDP Gubernatorial Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Hollicom(m): 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2019
"O TO GE" IN LAGOS? YORUBAS, AVOID SELF-IMMOLATION

You are comparing Lagos with Kwara.
You think because Kwarans used "O to ge" to end Saraki's stranglehold on Kwara, you can hide behind that lofty battle cry to help PDP win in Lagos?

If you are of Yoruba extraction and you are being deceived to think that the O to ge in Lagos is the same as O to ge in Kwara, you are the most naive person in Nigeria.

What they could not get for Jimi Agbaje in 2015 is what they are cunningly trying to get for him through the back door in 2019.

I have my issues with Senator Tinubu. I have criticised him so many times on my Timeline. What you can not take from him is that he loves his people. Without him, the Yoruba Nation will be rudderless.

If you take out Tinubu, who fills the vacancy in leadership that will result, those in Afenifere?

If you were resident in Lagos before 1999, can you compare Lagos pre-1999 to the Lagos of today?

Tinubu has a knack for raising leaders, not only in Lagos but in the South West.

He, it was, that took Yorubas from the realm of regional politics to where our voices are heard at the centre. He, it was, that initiated the alliance between President Buhari and the Yorubas.
Today, what our son, Obasanjo, couldn't do for Yorubaland, a President of Northern extraction, has done more for us in less than four years because of Tinubu's foresight.

So if PDP takes over Lagos, what happens? A Party that has never been united in the South West will take over the flagship State of the Yoruba Nation. A Party that is adept at plundering national resources will take over Africa's 6th Largest Economy? What do you think will happen to Lagos enormous resources in the hands of these cankerworms? What do you think will happen to the almost N40billion monthly revenue that accrues to Lagos?

A Party that has not been able to survive since it was dislodged from the centre wants to take over Lagos? Hahahaha!

Can't you see through their machinations. Can't you see what Lagos will become in the hands of these people?

So people like Wike, Bode George, Reno Omokri, Secondus, Fayose, Saraki, the men in Afenifere, Atiku, Chidoka and other faces in PDP will now have foothold in Alausa? Even imagining it is scary.

You will know what it means for Lagos to be a 'No man's land" then.

Let me ask you and I hope you are able to answer these questions?

1. WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST TINUBU? Let me have a list of your grouse with him.

2. If you take down Tinubu, who in Yorubaland can you recommend, who has the same span of influence like Tinubu, to fill the vacancy?

3. If you allow them to use you to achieve their agenda, who in Yorubaland has as much influence with President Buhari as Senator Tinubu?

Let me point you to a direction: look at the many positions held by Yorubas in this administration in the last four years. Compare it to our lots in 16years of PDP at the centre. I hope you can juggle you memory yourself.

You take Tinubu out and you lose your influence in Buhari's government in the next four years.

For me, as much as I have issues with Senator Bola Tinubu, allowing PDP to take over Lagos and having these jegudujera bestriding Alausa, Lagos and the South West frightens me.

The "O to ge"" in Lagos is not against Tinubu, it is against you. Don't cut your nose to spite your face. Don't join them in throwing stones into a market full of Yoruba people.

Distance yourself from their "O to ge". It is not for you, it is against you. This is a fight for the soul of the Yoruba Nation. Don't be a tool in their hands.

A word is enough to those who are wise.

Yoruba ronu! Omo eni kii nse'di bebere ka fi ileke si'di omo elomi.

I PERMIT YOU TO SHARE THIS POST.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by oyebanji44: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2019
Don't mind them bros

4 Likes

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Seetto: 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
Oshe baba...10 gbosa for you....

6 Likes

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Ofunaofu: 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2019
When I look at individual like the OP, I regret!
The OP has only succeeded woefully in elugizing Tinubu. The leaders you claim he has raised what extraordinary have they done.
I know the OP is jittery but the truth is empire rise and fall. One day he must give way

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by emerged01(m): 11:27pm On Mar 02, 2019
Honestly,I don't want to take part in this governorship election but now I have changed my Mind to go out there and vote APC.

4 Likes

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by dvdwed(m): 11:53pm On Mar 02, 2019
.Yolobas and deception are bread and butter .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by FisifunKododada: 1:04am On Mar 03, 2019
Ofunaofu:
The OP has only succeeded woefully in elugizing Tinubu. The leaders you claim he has raised what extraordinary have they done.
I know the OP is jittery but the truth is empire rise and fall. One day he must give way

You are Igbo. Why are you sweating over Yoruba issues?

3 Likes

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by diablos: 1:07am On Mar 03, 2019
O to Ge! Tinubu must go grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 03, 2019
O to ge Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by SouthEastFacts: 1:40am On Mar 03, 2019
Tinubu leader? Hmmm
He is the reason SW 2023 seems herculean.
Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by TooMuchStuff: 1:58am On Mar 03, 2019
I know Tinubu as Agbero General of Lagos .
He is not a leader but a driver of greedy and envious tribalists

2 Likes

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by BOOMnaija(m): 2:10am On Mar 03, 2019
THE LEVEL OF POVERTY AND ABSOLUTE SENSELESSNESS IN THE LAND HAS MADE THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN BELIEVE THAT RETAINING A SEMI-ILLITERATE VEGETABLE IN THE HIGHEST POLITICAL OFFICE IN THE COUNTRY IS A NORMAL THING TO DO, AND NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO FEEL REMORSEFUL ABOUT SUCH.

AND U KNOW WAT?.... THEY'LL CONTINUE DOING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN EVERY FOUR YEARS, WHILE THEIR LIVES AND CHILDREN'S LIVES GO DOWN THE DRAIN.... THEY'LL JUST SUFFER AND LAUGH, THINKING THAT IS LIFE!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by drmikeadams(m): 2:27am On Mar 03, 2019
grin grin with apapa congestion and traffic gridlock in lagos ;Dsome people still dey hail this government

1 Like

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Front0lane: 3:59am On Mar 03, 2019
I ask you, are you Igbos are cursed ? Why can’t a Yoruba man praise someone he admires ? Which governor among all the fools especially the colossal failure trio of Ikpeazu Umahi & Ugwauyi that have ruled Igbo land since 1999 till date can stand toe to toe with Fashola or Aregbesola ? If Tinubu empire must give way it will never be to foolish Igbo caprices that you can be rest assured about.
Ofunaofu:

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Amumaigwe: 4:22am On Mar 03, 2019
Hollicom:
"O TO GE" IN LAGOS? YORUBAS, AVOID SELF-IMMOLATION

You are comparing Lagos with Kwara.
You think because Kwarans used "O to ge" to end Saraki's stranglehold on Kwara, you can hide behind that lofty battle cry to help PDP win in Lagos?

If you are of Yoruba extraction and you are being deceived to think that the O to ge in Lagos is the same as O to ge in Kwara, you are the most naive person in Nigeria.

What they could not get for Jimi Agbaje in 2015 is what they are cunningly trying to get for him through the back door in 2019.

I have my issues with Senator Tinubu. I have criticised him so many times on my Timeline. What you can not take from him is that he loves his people. Without him, the Yoruba Nation will be rudderless.

If you take out Tinubu, who fills the vacancy in leadership that will result, those in Afenifere?

If you were resident in Lagos before 1999, can you compare Lagos pre-1999 to the Lagos of today?

Tinubu has a knack for raising leaders, not only in Lagos but in the South West.

He, it was, that took Yorubas from the realm of regional politics to where our voices are heard at the centre. He, it was, that initiated the alliance between President Buhari and the Yorubas.
Today, what our son, Obasanjo, couldn't do for Yorubaland, a President of Northern extraction, has done more for us in less than four years because of Tinubu's foresight.

So if PDP takes over Lagos, what happens? A Party that has never been united in the South West will take over the flagship State of the Yoruba Nation. A Party that is adept at plundering national resources will take over Africa's 6th Largest Economy? What do you think will happen to Lagos enormous resources in the hands of these cankerworms? What do you think will happen to the almost N40billion monthly revenue that accrues to Lagos?

A Party that has not been able to survive since it was dislodged from the centre wants to take over Lagos? Hahahaha!

Can't you see through their machinations. Can't you see what Lagos will become in the hands of these people?

So people like Wike, Bode George, Reno Omokri, Secondus, Fayose, Saraki, the men in Afenifere, Atiku, Chidoka and other faces in PDP will now have foothold in Alausa? Even imagining it is scary.

You will know what it means for Lagos to be a 'No man's land" then.

Let me ask you and I hope you are able to answer these questions?

1. WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST TINUBU? Let me have a list of your grouse with him.

2. If you take down Tinubu, who in Yorubaland can you recommend, who has the same span of influence like Tinubu, to fill the vacancy?

3. If you allow them to use you to achieve their agenda, who in Yorubaland has as much influence with President Buhari as Senator Tinubu?

Let me point you to a direction: look at the many positions held by Yorubas in this administration in the last four years. Compare it to our lots in 16years of PDP at the centre. I hope you can juggle you memory yourself.

You take Tinubu out and you lose your influence in Buhari's government in the next four years.

For me, as much as I have issues with Senator Bola Tinubu, allowing PDP to take over Lagos and having these jegudujera bestriding Alausa, Lagos and the South West frightens me.

The "O to ge"" in Lagos is not against Tinubu, it is against you. Don't cut your nose to spite your face. Don't join them in throwing stones into a market full of Yoruba people.

Distance yourself from their "O to ge". It is not for you, it is against you. This is a fight for the soul of the Yoruba Nation. Don't be a tool in their hands.

A word is enough to those who are wise.

Yoruba ronu! Omo eni kii nse'di bebere ka fi ileke si'di omo elomi.

I PERMIT YOU TO SHARE THIS POST.

If I ask you what APC government has done for SW, you will present the lone Lagos - Ibadan railway as if the trains will be running town service just between lagos and Ibadan. In actual fact, the railway line is going to Kano, but they only started at Lagos end to appear to have done SW a good turn.
Ask your self who will eventually need the railway more? Is it not the Northerners that need to ship their cargoes from Apapa wharf to the North and their produces like tomatoes, carrots, onions etc down to SW to sell through an easier and cheaper transportation means? Their executive cows and herdsmen will now enjoy train ride down to the South rather than trekking thousands of miles. What does the SW intend to haul back to the barren North using the railway?
A food for thought.

5 Likes

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by helinues: 6:21am On Mar 03, 2019
Imagine a stranger telling you what to do/not in your land.

Saturday is here.. We must put them in their places..

1 Like

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by capitalzero: 6:21am On Mar 03, 2019
empire rises, empire falls. Tinubu cannot command forever. What happens when he is old or die? problems everywhere. when adedibu died, who takes his role in ibadan? nobody. state is better without godfatherism. south west is only region with a godfather controlling it. Tinubu is also making effort to annex kwara. He could not get kogi through faleke. if tinubu is not a lagosian, his status cannot be more than ladoja or omisore or Saraki.because his accessibility to lagos money enables to sponsor politicians or influence elections across the south west
. most lagosians actually cannot think, wake up 4am be in road for 4 hours, stressed up, get to work, leave office 6pm, get home 10 to 11 pm due to another 4 hours in traffic. if you live that kind of life, how would you think properly. personally, I do not argue with lagosians they think through their anus. Tinubu will keep lagos in his pocket till Jesus comes. gba be.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Ofunaofu: 6:39am On Mar 03, 2019
Front0lane:
I ask you, are you Igbos are cursed ? Why can’t a Yoruba man praise someone he admires ? Which governor among all the fools especially the colossal failure trio of Ikpeazu Umahi & Ugwauyi that have ruled Igbo land since 1999 till date can stand toe to toe with Fashola or Aregbesola ? If Tinubu empire must give way it will never be to foolish Igbo caprices that you can be rest assured about.
I can't descend so low to your level of throwing tantrums
I asked what has fashola or aregbosola done to the state they have govern that is extraordinary

1 Like

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Oblang(m): 6:52am On Mar 03, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin with apapa congestion and traffic gridlock in lagos ;Dsome people still dey hail this government

U think gridlock disappears overnight? The gridlock has bin there for years, kindly name one thing PDP did to reduce it and I will tell u several things the APC govt is currently doing to reduce it...

1 Like

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Oblang(m): 6:55am On Mar 03, 2019
Amumaigwe:

If I ask you what APC government has done for SW, you will present the lone Lagos - Ibadan railway as if the trains will be running town service just between lagos and Ibadan. In actual fact, the railway line is going to Kano, but they only started at Lagos end to appear to have done SW a good turn.
Ask your self who will eventually need the railway more? Is it not the Northerners that need to ship their cargoes from Apapa wharf to the North and their produces like tomatoes, carrots, onions etc down to SW to sell through an easier and cheaper transportation means? Their executive cows and herdsmen will now enjoy train ride down to the South rather than trekking thousands of miles. What does the SW intend to haul back to the barren North using the railway?
A food for thought.

U are saying trash...

1 Like

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by DMerciful(m): 7:48am On Mar 03, 2019
Lagos must be rescued
Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Charmingrascal(m): 7:52am On Mar 03, 2019
Jagaban oko PDP
Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Validated: 8:01am On Mar 03, 2019
Operation #FreeLagos!

The injustice done Ambode MUST be revenged. This is not Yoruba versus Igbo as the APC is trying to change the narrative. It is JUSTICE versus INJUSTICE (aka God fatherism)
Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Charmingrascal(m): 8:11am On Mar 03, 2019
Jagaban oko PDP
Oko Saraki

Saraki be like: Is it true that Jagaban promised to tske Kwara from me?

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by drmikeadams(m): 9:31am On Mar 03, 2019
Oblang:

U think gridlock disappears overnight? The gridlock has bin there for years, kindly name one thing PDP did to reduce it and I will tell u several things the APC govt is currently doing to reduce it...
grin grin so it should continue bécause pdp did not reduce it? A functioning brain or govt will look for solution grin not blowing siren in traffic ;
Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by drmikeadams(m): 9:33am On Mar 03, 2019
Oblang:

U are saying trash...
grin grin
Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Oblang(m): 11:04am On Mar 03, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin so it should continue bécause pdp did not reduce it? A functioning brain or govt will look for solution grin not blowing siren in traffic ;

Why do u think this govt is making effort to extend the rail its building to the port? Why do u think the govt recently dredge warri port and planning to concession it? All this and several other measures are aimed at reducing congestion at the port. In no time, it will start yielding the desired result. Reason I made reference to PDP is because this port was built several years ago to handle a certain number of cargo at a time which had in a long time exceeded its capacity. PDP was there all this while and made no single effort to mitigate all this problems. This govt cannot order all trailers waiting to load stuffs to vacate the port as this will amt to shutting down the economy because that is the only port that serves the whole country. Research and educate urself on several reforms the NPA is currently doing to increase the efficiency of our ports.

1 Like

Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by drmikeadams(m): 11:27am On Mar 03, 2019
Oblang:

Why do u think this govt is making effort to extend the rail its building to the port? Why do u think the govt recently dredge warri port and planning to concession it? All this and several other measures are aimed at reducing congestion at the port. In no time, it will start yielding the desired result. Reason I made reference to PDP is because this port was built several years ago to handle a certain number of cargo at a time which had in a long time exceeded its capacity. PDP was there all this while and made no single effort to mitigate all this problems. This govt cannot order all trailers waiting to load stuffs to vacate the port as this will amt to shutting down the economy because that is the only port that serves the whole country. Research and educate urself on several reforms the NPA is currently doing to increase the efficiency of our ports.
grin the same trailers disappered thé day buhari came to lag..one port serving the whole country is an 18th
century thinking grin..the apc angels now were the same pdp devils then..the only réformes that will make impact is opening other seaports...nna nna we cant continue like this
Re: "O To Ge" In Lagos? Yorubas, Avoid Self-immolation by Amumaigwe: 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2019
Oblang:

U are saying trash...

Fault the trash pls. Lazy and mentally retarded Afonja.

(1) (Reply)

INEC React As Rocha's Okorocha Dragged Them To Court / Breaking!! Inec Resumes Collaction Of Bauchi Result Today!! / Sacking Service Chiefs Won’t Solve Insecurity – Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.