Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,240 members, 7,846,134 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Lagos Is The World's Most Glorified Expensive Slum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is The World's Most Glorified Expensive Slum (463 Views)

Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti / GVR Visits Makoko Slum In Lagos (Photos) / In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Is The World's Most Glorified Expensive Slum by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
As the gubernatorial comes a week today, would be pertinent to point that Lagos gubernatorial won't make any difference, APC will still win by hook or crook unless otherwise..
But politics apart, is Lagos really moving forward? I guess that best people to answer this question are those who travels all over the world and still come back to Lagos...

Lagos for me is overrated and just glorified slum , it pains alot and quite humiliating to hear foreigners describe what they saw during their stay, most people wallowing in slum , some having no toilets and having it on waters, terrible dirty water from the wells and boreholes, traffic jams like no other place , very polluted environement and alot of crazy people affected with both the terrible environment and the strong hustling involved..

Even the so called VI still have no match for a good city in Algeria or Morrocco, sometimes i wonder whats going on with this country.. There was high expectations with Ambode having an APC ruling party, been a professional he has done his bit to tighten the leaking holes for the government to have enough to work with but the powers that be want their own share and won't take No for an answer..

Lagos is degrading , politics should not come into this, everyone should leave the government to work, this local political lords should find another business and let this city develop to make the country proud.. Most foreigners only know Lagos in Nigeria so this city should be able to represent and help cleanse the shame boldly stamped on our passport..

Its highly embracing that despite the influx of foreigners coming to Lagos to attend TB Joshua church yet the road leading to this church is just so disgraceful with alot of poor quality of life visible all around, imagine what this foreigners think when they go home..

All those hailing of Tinubu should have a rethink , instead of hailing , pressure him to support the best way forward for this city..

I drop my pen, like i said before only those that have travelled much will understand fully this write up..
Re: Lagos Is The World's Most Glorified Expensive Slum by rusher14: 11:34pm On Mar 02, 2019
Whenever your brother plants a small house in this 'slum' na to dey beat chest remain.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is The World's Most Glorified Expensive Slum by ojun50(m): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
Why u thy tear yr pant

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The World's Most Glorified Expensive Slum by dvdwed(m): 11:49pm On Mar 02, 2019
Lagos has money, it is a big slum Compared to even some African cities,
Its account books are the most guarded secret in Nigeria .
Re: Lagos Is The World's Most Glorified Expensive Slum by NinjaMetahuman: 7:18am On Mar 03, 2019
but you and your family pack yourself like sardines to get a better life in expensive slum. Don't you think if lagos is a slum, where ever you are coming from must be a soak away not even fit for pigs?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Amosun, Okorocha Remain Senators-elect - INEC / Okupe: EFCC Witness Stirs Controversy Over Payment For NTA Programme / BREAKING: House Of Reps Member Olatoye ‘sugar’ Shot In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.