Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Witchcrafty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Witchcrafty (301 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

Witchcrafty by derachokolate(m): 8:39am On Mar 03, 2019
Do you know why witches , ezenwanyi, dibia, babalawo, chief priests say something like "whatever comes out from this , you will suffer it alone " whenever you go to collect juju or beg them to cast a spell on someone?

When you are learning witchcrafty, the concrete rule is "you can try any spell in as much as it doesn't harm someone because whatever you do comes back to you in three folds".

That's why before they mix anything for you , they are always trying to be so sure what the person did to you before they involve in the matter , and once they are getting involved, they warn you and make sure you agree that you will bear the consequences alone .

witchcraft means you worship Mother Nature; the Earth, the Goddess, and the God.

You tune yourself into nature and use the elements around you; the planets, the sun, moon, herbs, Human parts,flowers, trees, crystals, materials and colours.

Nature is fair , everything that goes around comes around.

Every bad thing has a consequence.

You see one thing about witchcrafty? It can be learned , you can tune into nature .

When I was small , there was this signpost at Tarzan junction nkpor Onitsha, then inside ogidi just before sons and daughters there's another one .

The sign post has this goddess with fish tail . I read sign posts so I was able to see where they wrote "occultic science", the first question i asked myself was. Occultic science? People Read that in school? 

That was how I went to read about occultic science and then I learnt about metaphysics.

Well I'm a philosophy student now �

I don't believe there's something like white witches , they are all witches with different mindset .

A witch can decide to be good or bad.

Cast good spells or dark spells

A witch is a witch remove the white and black that's some racist differentiation they put to differentiate our form of witchcrafty with the oyibo man own .

Another reason is that  they believe that we use our witch crafty only to harm people.

What they will tell you is that the term was adopted as way of showing people who don't understand witchcraft that you are not evil and only do good magic.

We have traditional witchcrafty and modern witchcrafty.

Core traditional witchcraft is working and communing with spirits, working with elements from nature, ancestor worship, a certain level of animism, and an overall use of folk magic.

Overall, l like traditional witchcraft, it's our thing as Africans , it's us, it defines us .

I would say witchcraft today is mainly a path of old lore, chants, incantations, ballads, superstitions, collections of oral lore, documented witchcraft practices and rituals, forget how modern they want to make it look .

Some of the traditional witchcraft has been lost over time and has changed to blend in with modern living but still traditional remains the basis of witchcraft.

If you feel you don't fit in anywhere ? You can be a witch �� just determination, get spell books , start practicing the spells, just like learning in school it will fail sometimes but don't loose hope till you can .

Witches that you see in the movies are different from real life too , so many interviews I have read about witches , they always confirm it. 

Most of them keep hitting on "we don't ride broom sticks "���

Happy Sunday good humans .

©Oracle

Sure 100%guarantee Fixed Odds Join And Win High / Reviving Story ; The Mysterious Bird. / Warning To West Africa And Africa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9