Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Liverpool Boss Jurgen Klopp Blames The Wind For Everton Draw - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Boss Jurgen Klopp Blames The Wind For Everton Draw (475 Views)

Alex Iwobi: Why I Left Arsenal For Everton / Kanu's Message To Alex Iwobi As He Signs For Everton / "We Don't Play Playstation Football":Jurgen Klopp To Reporter After Everton Draw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Boss Jurgen Klopp Blames The Wind For Everton Draw by reportminds: 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2019
LIVERPOOL boss Jurgen Klopp again used the weather as an excuse after being held to a goalless draw by Everton.

Liverpool are now second in the Premier League table, one point behind leaders Manchester City.

The Merseyside debry ended in a goalless at Goodson Park on Sunday.

“Very, very difficult game for different reasons,” Klopp said.

“A wild opponent and – I know people don’t like it when I say this – the wind came from all different directions, you saw that in a lot of situations.

“It didn’t help any football play, especially when the ball was in the air which it was a lot.

“In a game that was difficult to control because of those things, we had I think three or four really big chances.”

It’s not the first time Klopp has blamed the weather for Liverpool dropping points.
After their 1-1 draw with Leicester at Anfield last month, Klopp blamed the snow on the pitch for the struggles.

The German has previously blamed the wind too, having been knocked out of the EFL Cup by Southampton in the 2017 semi-finals.

He had said: “First half, it was difficult – the wind was really strange, it was difficult to handle.

“You saw one or two balls when the ball stopped in a moment when nobody knew about it. That was difficult for a football-playing side.”

And the wind was at fault in the FA Cup this season, when Wolves beat Klopp’s Liverpool.

He had again said: “The wind didn’t help. Players struggled to control the ball.”

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/03/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-blames-wind.html

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Liverpool Boss Jurgen Klopp Blames The Wind For Everton Draw by Abfinest007(m): 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
story for the gods

(1) (Reply)

*UCL Quarter-final Draw ‘leaked’ Online: Barca � Man City, Man Utd � Spurs* / Super Eagles Boss Rohr Is Very Angry With Iheanacho (see Reason) / Liverpool Star Mane Takes Final Decision On Playing For Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.