Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa (10404 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Sabre Awards Africa: How Covid-19 Awareness Campaign Earned Id Africa Global Sab / Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by Bigmugu: 10:02am On Mar 04, 2019
Ayeni Adekunle, the CEO of ID Africa has announced his exit from the company.

The renowned media entrepreneur took to his IG page t o announce his exit from one of his companies, ID Africa, while also sharing his battled with depression.

Read his statement below;

Year 2018: 166% group revenue growth. Over 300% increase in staff compensation. Dotun finished second masters with distinction and kicked off PhD. But I missed my retirement target, struggled with depression, and finally decided this entrepreneurship thing is not worth dying for.

Now learning to ‘live a little’, to start watching movies and listening to music again, pulling back from day to day at BHM where I now no longer have an office, and acquiring more Orara and Onobrakpeya. Maybe my first Ehikhamenor too!

I’ve spent every day of my life, since I left secondary school, doing all I can to change my story; using my skills and talents to escape poverty, to change my life, change the world around me, and help as many people as I can.

It’s been a long journey from when I first registered a business name in 2006, from when I operated from my work station inside my Akute flat; from when I squatted in friends’ offices, and couldn’t hire any staff.

But it’s still a long journey to where we want to be: one of the most successful organisations from this part of the world, using a deep understanding of media, marketing communications, and technology, to make people happier, companies better, and the world smarter.

We open a new chapter today, on the journey towards accomplishing that mission, with a strategic business combination (ID Africa + NET Newspapers), and the appointment of Mr. Femi Falodun who will take over from me as CEO of ID Africa.

We’re still a very small organisation. We have never received any investment, enjoyed any significant bank support, or partnership. But our dreams are big.

And it’s beginning to unravel, thanks to the passionate young people who work here, to the clients and partners who believe in us, to friends and acquaintances who continue to bring opportunities our way, and to all the geniuses and giants in media, marketing and technology whose inventions and innovation continue to show us that it is indeed possible.

We will now proceed to spend the next 5 years aggressively plotting the future of our business here and in other markets.

How does one do that, without compromising health, family, soul, and life?

Photos below

Gist Via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/renowned-pr-consultant-ayeni-adekunle-reveals-his-battle-with-depression/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by logtrend52: 10:14am On Mar 04, 2019
Hmm
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by itspzpics(m): 10:37am On Mar 04, 2019
Over thinking
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by geolabious(m): 11:52am On Mar 04, 2019
Brother tell us the truth. Did you vote PMB for presidency??

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by ClearFlair: 11:53am On Mar 04, 2019
Depression is real. If you doubt me, go and ask Atiku, Obi and Saraki. The last time they smiled was the last time they deceived themselves. Now Nigerians have shown them reality and their eye don clear. grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by pogo2018: 11:53am On Mar 04, 2019
wow, really sad
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by AleAirHub(m): 11:53am On Mar 04, 2019
h,mmm
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by adekzy: 11:56am On Mar 04, 2019
Hmmmm

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by puresaint(m): 11:56am On Mar 04, 2019
Is not easy is not easy.... But one thing is sure, God is Able.

7 Likes

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by Fidelismaria: 11:56am On Mar 04, 2019
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by Quorax: 11:58am On Mar 04, 2019
One of the causes of depression is comparing yoursrlf and achievements to other people...

21 Likes

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by Notatribalist(m): 11:59am On Mar 04, 2019
I still wonder how he is able to attain the level even in depressed state..Depression is a dream killer. Sincerely only God knows where I would have bn by now,if not for depression.. : angry
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by chudez0147(m): 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
Depression is very Bad.. am going through same now.. it makes you talk too much ..
And nobody even care!

11 Likes

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by safetyzone(m): 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2019
Depression!!!!!!
When money full ground.
There is just one life for everyone. Lets live it to the fullest not minding the current economic situation in the country. Real hunger in the land. God save us.

1 Like

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by safetyzone(m): 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
chudez0147:
Depression is very Bad.. am going through same now.. it makes you talk too much ..
And nobody even care!

No, it makes you talk less. It makes you withdraw from friends and family and low moral.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by IvarTheBoneless: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2019
geolabious:
Brother tell us the truth. Did you vote PMB for presidency??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by safetyzone(m): 12:12pm On Mar 04, 2019
safetyzone:

No, it makes you talk less. It makes you withdraw from friends and family and low moral.

You just have to be strong for you self. Try and find out what type of depression you are going through, if you need some one to talk to try and get one and pls know it that no situation is permanent. Pray to God for guidance.

4 Likes

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by ClassicMG(m): 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2019
Kunle ayeni one of those who make buy newspaper then I miss his column soliloquy In Nigerian entertainment today a very bright man, him Chris ihidero and Tosin buknor of blessed memory. Be strong my man

4 Likes

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by MicroBox: 12:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
safetyzone:

No.. I somehow can relate to making someone talk too much.
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by Speedyconnect15: 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2019
I dont know him
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by omoteacher(m): 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Different stroke for different individual. What most people are dying for, is what he is throwing up on a platter of gold.
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by mrpatozky(m): 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
Money is not a guarantee for happiness. We are just insatiable as humans.

As weird as it sounds, moderation is very important in everything.

8 Likes

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by Justnice11: 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
It is well

Entreprenuer Quotes might help

1 Like

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by emezuo17: 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2019
ClearFlair:
Depression is real. If you doubt me, go and ask Atiku, Obi and Saraki. The last time they smiled was the last time they deceived themselves. Now Nigerians have shown them reality and their eye don clear. grin
. Why didn't you add akpabio and akume
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2019
He just got burnt out. He probably found out material things can't fill the void of life...living, the essence of life. Many accomplished people struggle with that... some for escape turn to philanthropy,drugs, fetishes... others the occult...for some privileged they find Christ, the centre of it all...Life.

11 Likes

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by dominique(f): 1:29pm On Mar 04, 2019
He's probably having a midlife crisis

2 Likes

Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by mechanics(m): 1:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
Eyah, I wish him speedy recovery.
Re: Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa by kobosmart(m): 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
lol, kill ursef ugly man

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uchenna Obigwe Exposes How Many Months Workers Are Owed In Abia State (VIDEO) / About Affidavits & Police Report In Nigeria / 3 Effective Ways You Can Change Your Life In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.