Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

The Forbidden City – Forbidden No More - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Forbidden City – Forbidden No More (378 Views)

5 Forbidden Places You Are Not Allowed To Visit / 10 Forbidden Places In The World Human Being Are Not Allowed To Visit / Kasuwar Magani, Kaduna Where It Is Forbidden To ‘Love’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Forbidden City – Forbidden No More by Atandakk: 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
NewsmakersNG
Here’s another in a series of epic thrillers from Nigeria’s most travelled woman, Jazzy Jess. Her adventure stories in Asia began with the experience she had climbing the Great Wall of China. Now, she’s telling NewsmakersNG readers about her trip to the Forbidden City in central Beijing.

Jazzy Jess/

When I first visited China, the “Forbidden City” was not really on my list. I had seen it mentioned but I really wanted to visit Macau (the Las Vegas of the East), drive to Victoria Peak in Hong Kong, climb the wall of China, visit the Bird’s Nest Olympic Stadium and eat Peking Duck in Beijing. I did all of that.

The decision to travel alone was tough. It was my first time and I did not know what to expect. Neither did I speak the languages. I had wonderful friends who painstakingly prepared me for my trip to their country. They even prepared a deck of flashcards with comments like “I am going to Wangfujing Street; Where is the ferry to Hong Kong? Where is the train station?” and the names of all my hotels in Mandarin and Cantonese. Most importantly, in Beijing, I was introduced to a wonderful couple that spared nothing in showing me the wonders of the city.
Read More: http://www.newsmakersng.com/the-forbidden-city-forbidden-no-more/

(1) (Reply)

Cause Of Ethiopian Airlines 737 Crash Revealed / Meet The Woman Who Uses Her Feet To Fly A Plane / Canada Express Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.