Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Woman Dies On Delta Airlines’ Atlanta - Lagos Flight ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Dies On Delta Airlines’ Atlanta - Lagos Flight ! (2434 Views)

Udom's N1m Gift: Woman Dies During Stampede (photos) / Presentation Of The Report By The Uns Country On Delta State / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Woman Dies On Delta Airlines’ Atlanta - Lagos Flight ! by wales(m): 6:26am On Aug 31, 2010
Delta Airlines on Monday said a female passenger was found dead on one of its flights from Atlanta, United States to Lagos.

Delta sources said the 57-year-old passenger was accompanied by her son when she died on Monday. The Associated Press quoted the American carrier’s Corporate Communications Director, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Ms. Olivia Cullis, as saying that the passenger was found unresponsive early Monday aboard Delta Flight 53, about an hour out of Atlanta and about 11 hours from the time it took off.

Delta said it could not provide the passenger’s identity due to privacy restriction laws. Cullis added, “Approximately an hour from Atlanta, the crew of Flight 53 alerted flight operations that a passenger was unresponsive and had no vital signs. The flight landed normally and we are coordinating with medical authorities. Delta extends its sincere condolences to the passenger’s family.”

A statement by the Senior Manager, Media Relations, Delta, Susan Elliot, said the airline was working with medical authorities to determine the facts in the case.

AP quoted Atlanta’s police spokesman, Otis Redmond, as saying that foul play was not suspected. A Georgia Bureau of Investigation medical examiner’s investigator was sent to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, Atlanta, according to the report.

Atlanta police spokesman Otis Redmond told AP that foul play was not suspected in the woman’s death. Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead said the woman’s body was taken to a crime laboratory for an autopsy.

Bankhead said the FBI was investigating the matter because the death occurred on an international flight.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100831251085
Re: Woman Dies On Delta Airlines’ Atlanta - Lagos Flight ! by wales(m): 6:27am On Aug 31, 2010
May her soul rest in peace.I will like to recount my experience last December on a similar delta flight from Atlanta to Lagos.I am a medical practitioner and my specialty is Surgical Oncology.In this fateful flight, a 7080years old Nigerian woman flew unaccompanied by any of her relation.She was blind, had just recovered from a CVA (Stroke). One hr after tke off,she became dizzy and confused. I had to attend to her throughout the flight to Lagos. Who are we to blame? Airline or relations?
Re: Woman Dies On Delta Airlines’ Atlanta - Lagos Flight ! by mukina2: 11:53am On Aug 31, 2010

(1)

$9.3m Cash Transfer: Security Source Confirms Pastor Oritsejafor Was Involved / Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections / PHOTOS: Senator Ayogu Eze’s Daughter Graduates From University Of Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.