Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,052 members, 7,956,929 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

Omokemesi's Mind - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Omokemesi's Mind (2098 Views)

Drop Your Problems Here. Solvers, Please Treat! -omokemesi / How Many Trillion Years In Eternity? -omokemesi / Comandclem: Prof Uwemedimo Floats Newspaper In Nigeria - Omokemesi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 6:52am On Aug 31, 2010
When Will Nigeria Have State-owned Old People's Homes?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Dolemite(f): 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2010
Does our culture support this? I wouldn't want to abandon my old folks in some home. . .
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2010
DOLMITE, thank you for your question. But if I may ask, does our culture  support the situation many old people find themselves today?  Imagine a 75-year-old man blessed with three children but lost his wife.  The first son is in London. The second son is in Saudi while his only daughter is with her husband working in Kaduna. The old man is living in his village somewhere in Ekiti State.  His children engaged the service of two "imported housemaids " to take care of him because money is no problem.  What type of assistance can these little housemaids offer if the old man falls sick suddenly in the night?  No wonder why  i often hear on the Radio: "this is to announce the demise of Pa Kosiomonitosi Ojo who died yesterday after a brief illness.  Pa Ojo is survived by  Engineer Ona-atije Ojo, London;  Dr  Omowaselo Ojo, Saudi; Mrs Emily Onamijin, Kaduna, and many grandchildren.  Burial arrangements will be announced later. Mrs Emily Onamijin - for the family ."     The lives of our old people can be elongated if Old People's Homes are established in different parts of the country because there will be healthcare services and they  will meet their age-mates to play and discuss with.                              From Omokemesi
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2010
DOLMITE, thank you for your question. But if I may ask, does our culture  support the situation many old people find themselves today?  Imagine a 75-year-old man blessed with three children but lost his wife.  The first son is in London. The second son is in Saudi while his only daughter is with her husband working in Kaduna. The old man is living in his village somewhere in Ekiti State.  His children engaged the service of two "imported housemaids " to take care of him because money is no problem.  What type of assistance can these little housemaids offer if the old man falls sick suddenly in the night?  No wonder why  i often hear on the Radio: "this is to announce the demise of Pa Kosiomonitosi Ojo who died yesterday after a brief illness.  Pa Ojo is survived by  Engineer Ona-atije Ojo, London;  Dr  Omowaselo Ojo, Saudi; Mrs Emily Onamijin, Kaduna, and many grandchildren.  Burial arrangements will be announced later. Mrs Emily Onamijin - for the family ."     The lives of our old people can be elongated if Old People's Homes are established in different parts of the country because there will be healthcare services and they  will meet their age-mates to play and discuss with.                              From Omokemesi
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Dolemite(f): 2:19am On Sep 01, 2010
Omokemesi:

I see what you mean, but this is a country that 50 years after independence can't even solve its electricity problems, where NOTHING works. . .it would still be the same thing, people who get employed in old peoples homes would still have the same attitudes if not worse as 'imported housemaids'.
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 7:28am On Sep 01, 2010
MY MIND TODAY:            Lagos  State Government yesterday  alerted Residents along  Lekki and Victoria Island Corridor that there might be rise in the water level of the Atlantic Ocean.  The  rise in water level in the Atlantic Ocean which might have triggered excessive flooding in Pakistan, India and the Caribean, is likely to repeat itself at the Lagos water front.         When I read the report of this alert, what immediately crossed my mind is that the people living or working in this area would by now be thrown into absolute state of fear which could earn many of them hypertension.  Is there no permanent solution to this problem?                        Omokemesi
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Dolemite(f): 10:27am On Sep 01, 2010
This is where religion comes in, pray and pray and some fictitious GOD won't let anything happen to you. . .this is where pastors earn that money. . .Hopefully there would be no flooding but the Lag government should be alert for quick evacuation.
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 6:28am On Sep 02, 2010
MY MIND TODAY                                               Whenever I think about the various problems facing Nigerians today, I always come to the conclusion that we indeed need a Messiah.                                                           Will the Messiah emerge in 2011?                                               What do you think should be the CV of the Messiah of your choice?                            OMOKEMESI
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 8:58am On Sep 28, 2010
Where can one get a faithful friend ?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2010
I learnt the Federal Government has invited officials of NECO over the poor results of the last NECO Exams. What for? Who should be invited? Officials of NECO or officials of Federal and State Ministries of Education?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by adroitp(m): 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2010
Omokemesi sorry for late to respond, i tied down.
On the issue, as i usually says, charity beginning at home, lets one clean it mind, raise up your hand and promise to be a good nigeria where ever you may be, the possibility of leading nigeria to his promise land, start with you, and i pray that those who will do it well shall be choose to the post.
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2010
@adroipt, you are welcome. I hereby stand, raise my right hand and pledge to Nigeria, my country, to be faithful, loyal and honest. Can recitation of pledges and National Anthem do the "hat trick"? OMOKEMESI
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 7:24am On Oct 01, 2010
MY MIND TODAY: I salute Nigeria and Nigerians as we celebrate the 50th year of Independence today. How many Families can afford to celebrate this Anniversary with joy, pomp and pageantry?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2010
How can we ensure Nigeria does not repeat the same mistakes made during our 50 years of self rule?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by adagz01(m): 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2010
I like your mind.

And i have come to notice that our problem is that we(our government) talk too much without action to matchup their words.
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
@adagz 01, GOD forbids bad thing. We are one. I am sure as we begin another fifty years we need to keep those in government informed regularly of what should be done at the appropriate time and also assist them in our daily prayers. Thank you.
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 5:18am On Oct 05, 2010
MY MIND TODAY It is in my mind today to urge the Federal Government to ensure that all unemployed graduates from our tertiary institutions start receiving upkeep allowances before the end of May, 2011. What however crosses my mind is how to ensure that workers who will illegally benefit from the Scheme would not be far above the unemployed graduates! - OMOKEMESI
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 6:45am On Oct 07, 2010
MY MIND TODAY: Why are liars so plenty in Nigeria? They are here and there, even among our religious leaders!
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by adroitp(m): 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2010
Omokemesi, On the issue of what you ask for, i will open a tag that i will want every patriotic nairalander to contribute and mostly you omokemesi, and other who are ready to lead his or her mother's land to its promise land and that kind of person should be loyal, and faithful in all kind.
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
@adroitp thanks for your patriotic post. Will be happy to see the tag soonest. At least, it will enable me take census of patriotic ones among over 590,000 registered Nairalanders!
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2010
When will Free Health Services be practicable throughout the length and breath of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by adroitp(m): 4:21am On Oct 09, 2010
Omokemesi,i have opened it and named after mr. President call {educational resolve} and you can found it in general welcome
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by adroitp(m): 4:26am On Oct 09, 2010
According to you mind for today, me and you and entire compatriot must still pray for the best of nigeria.
We should remember that the comfort of a tree is the comfort of a bird, and nigeria as in hole, we have our world to define,
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 6:58am On Oct 10, 2010
Millions of Nigerians will go to church today. Sermons on thousands of topics will be delivered by men of God. How many of us will put to practice the lessons we are going to learn from such sermons?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 5:39am On Oct 11, 2010
How many people will I help today? I promise to help at least one person today. My dear viewers, please make sure you fulfil your promise!
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 9:58am On Oct 12, 2010
MY MIND TODAY: Bill Gate of America has spent millions of dollars in his philanthropic bid to eradicate Polio in Nigeria and some other countries in Africa. Thank you Mr. Bill Gate of America. But who are the "BILL GATES OF NIGERIA"? What are they doing?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 7:41am On Oct 14, 2010
FLOOD! FLOOD!! FLOOD IN LAGOS!!! Is this a Lagos State issue or National problem?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 7:31am On Oct 18, 2010
What is at the back of the mind of those who usually use prohibited drugs in sports? To make money by all means or to make name by all means?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 5:47am On Oct 20, 2010
MY MIND TODAY : Is it possible for Nigeria to survive without the ALMIGHTY OIL again?
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 7:25am On Oct 22, 2010
I was extremely happy when I heard that President Jonathan has described the Lagos/Ogun states flood menace as a national problem. I hope a lot would be done within the next few months to ensure that the good people of Lagos and Ogun states would be able to sleep with both eyes closed when it rains from next year's rainy season.
Re: Omokemesi's Mind by Omokemesi(m): 7:29am On Oct 22, 2010
I was extremely happy when I heard that President Jonathan has described the Lagos/Ogun states flood menace as a national problem. I hope a lot would be done within the next few months to ensure that the good people of Lagos and Ogun states would be able to sleep with both eyes closed when it rains from next year's rainy season.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Question: Are Niger Men Called Nigerian Too? / Mr Cock! / Can 2 Million Naira Start Up A Computer/laptop Sales Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.