Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Over 50,000 Thugs Booked For Imo Gov, Assembly Polls – Ohakim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 50,000 Thugs Booked For Imo Gov, Assembly Polls – Ohakim (278 Views)

Anxiety As Supreme Court Rules On Imo Gov Monday / Kano Mobilises 3,000 Thugs To Scuttle Jaafar Jaafar's Testimony - Daily Nigerian / Ikedi Ohakim On Bike As He Campaigns For 2019 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Over 50,000 Thugs Booked For Imo Gov, Assembly Polls – Ohakim by iwithnessnews: 7:23am On Mar 05, 2019
The Former Governor of Imo State and the Accord Party flag bearer in the upcoming Governorship election in the state, Chief Ikedi Ohakim yesterday in Owerri while speaking with traditional rulers in the state said he was disturbed that, “there is serious tension in the state. Some of the contestants are not preparing for election but for war. About 50,000 thugs will be housed to do the biddings of their masters.

The former governor of Imo State said he had observed that many of the candidates were not coming to stand for an election, but rather to use thugs to get what they wanted.             

Chief Ohakim stated that the reason for seeking a second term is to re-write the wrongs that has taken place in the state within the last seven years.

He equally extolled the traditional institution in the state for their stance against electoral violence, thuggery and firm support for the rule of rule, free, fair and credible election.

His words" This is the first time I am been invited to any government function since I left office as a Governor, when I received the invitation, a lot of people called me not to attend, I want to say the move by the traditional institution is quite commendable"

http://www.iwithnessnews.com/2019/03/05/inec-must-watch-their-collation-officers-ohakim/

Re: Over 50,000 Thugs Booked For Imo Gov, Assembly Polls – Ohakim by Masama: 7:27am On Mar 05, 2019
As if he himself is not housing his own thugs

(1) (Reply)

Travel Ban / Panic As Party Agents Disrupt Collation Process In Imo State (video) / Why Orji Uzor Kalu Should Be The Next Senate President – APC Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.