Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,662 members, 7,823,876 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business (3386 Views)

Photos From 5th PEBEC Award Attended By VP Osinbajo At The Villa / Google Commends Osinbajo’s Role On Ease Of Doing Business / FG Implements 140 Reforms On Ease Of Doing Business – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by presidency: 10:09am On Mar 05, 2019
In line with the commitment to deliver reforms aimed at improving the enabling environment for doing business in Nigeria through systemic interventions, the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC) has commenced the fourth 60-day National Action Plan (NAP 4.0) on Ease of Doing Business (EoDB).

The NAP 4.0, which will run from the 1st of March to the 29th of April, 2019 aims to further reduce the challenges encountered by SMEs and businesses in identified areas of focus such as starting a business, getting credit, paying taxes, enforcing contracts or trading within and across borders, amongst others, by eliminating critical bottlenecks and constraints to doing business in Nigeria.

The first, second and third National Action Plans on Ease of Doing Business, which were coordinated by Enabling Business Environment Secretariat (EBES) of the Council, have resulted in significant progress over the past 3 years. Working in collaboration with the ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs), the fourth National Action Plan is anticipated to strengthen these ongoing reforms, and improve the Ease of Doing Business frameworks adopted.

Some of the targets achieved in NAP 3.0 include driving registration for utilization of the National Collateral Registry to facilitate access to credit for SMEs; clearance of all pending NAFDAC registration applications to improve efficiency; and creation of a strengthened single joint cargo examination interface in all airports & seaports for import and export to reduce the time spent at the ports.

In a statement by the Honourable Minister for Industry, Trade & Investment and line minister for the intervention, Dr. Okey Enelamah, he stated: “The NAP 4.0 has been launched to deepen the reforms delivered and drive institutionalization. We have highlighted key action items in each of the focus areas to ensure the reforms delivered do not unravel, and to ensure we drive sustainability.

Also speaking on the commencement, the PEBEC Secretary and Senior Special Assistant to the President on Industry, Trade & Investment, Dr. Jumoke Oduwole said: “The Council will continue to work extensively with all MDAs, the National Assembly and various arms of government on various reforms critical to an enabling business environment. For the NAP 4.0, these include targets such as enforcing compliance with SLAs across all focus areas, driving the passage of the CAM Bill 2018 for improved effectiveness of company law in Nigeria, enhancing efficiency in the small claims court, and enhancing the application and approval system for visas on arrival, to mention a few.

She further stated: “We will also engage public and private sector stakeholders, and intensify efforts to communicate the reforms to ensure the benefits are realised. We have already started a number of communication initiatives, including setting up a website for access to all information on all reforms at www.businessmadeeasy.ng

PEBEC was established in 2016 to oversee Nigeria’s business climate reform agenda, and is Chaired by His Excellency the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, with the Honourable Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr Okey Enelamah as Vice Chair. PEBEC’s model aligns with global best practice and includes a strong performance tracking element that is measured by the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index (DBI), which is reported annually.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by Revel61: 10:20am On Mar 05, 2019
Okay fine
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by Timekeeper: 10:20am On Mar 05, 2019
Imagine this is the first time I saw a post and I wanted to read but my spirit said no don't read

I'm sure even if I read, I wunt understand those things

See as abbreviations plenty

Pls can someone summarize, thanks

Aja 8, gbe ra

1 Like

Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by Ernnymarie(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2019
Nice if it really is what they it is
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by DigitalGenius: 10:22am On Mar 05, 2019
In Nigeria, there is absolutely no ease in doing business. Especially us in the ICT industry. Bad infrastructure everywhere, especially this light wahala.

Spoke with a foreign client recently and told him we had power outage and he was like, is that a thing?

Do you need a Professional, Creative, Clean, Powerful, Modern and Attractive website Designed within time and budget?

Do you want to optimize, redesign or fix any bug on your already existing website? Then your search ends here.

With my services, you will be able to operate a professional Web site that offers you everything you need for the growth of your brand and the success of your business.

Call me now or send me a message and let's make great things happen!

PHONE & WhatsAPP no - 08109060566

Thank you.
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by KIDfurniture(m): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2019
All we read is development here and there. Buhari did this and that.. Nigeria over takes Egypt in rice production . Rice is still 18k oh.. not every home can afford it oh.
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by upower123(m): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2019
Ok
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2019
Beautiful
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by zone51: 10:30am On Mar 05, 2019
KIDfurniture:
All we read is development here and there. Buhari did this and that.. Nigeria over takes Egypt in rice production . Rice is still 18k oh.. not every home can afford it oh.

That shows you how bad things had gone. Moreso, the biggest part of the problem is we the citizen and not completely the government.

1 Like

Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by kelvin254: 10:31am On Mar 05, 2019
nice
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by kelvin254: 10:32am On Mar 05, 2019
ok
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by OmoManU: 10:34am On Mar 05, 2019
One of those interventions I enjoyed the most is the ease in registering businesses at CAC for just 5k,lo and behold, I was able to register 3 businesses with just 15k

1 Like

Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by sagitariusbaby(m): 10:35am On Mar 05, 2019
I don't understand whatever they wrote there
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by Chuckd123(m): 11:30am On Mar 05, 2019
OmoManU:
One of those interventions I enjoyed the most is the ease in registering businesses at CAC for just 5k,lo and behold, I was able to register 3 businesses with just 15k
How were you able to register with 5k, someone is telling me it's 18k to process it.
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by OmoManU: 11:42am On Mar 05, 2019
Chuckd123:
How were you able to register with 5k, someone is telling me it's 18k to process it.
I think the 5k for business name might have ended Dec ending but nevertheless, go to CAC website and follow the process yourself
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by enigma2007(m): 11:45am On Mar 05, 2019
DigitalGenius:
In Nigeria, there is absolutely no ease in doing business. Especially us in the ICT industry. Bad infrastructure everywhere, especially this light wahala.

Spoke with a foreign client recently and told him we had power outage and he was like, is that a thing?

Power outage in today's age and time for an IT person? Oga.. There are solutions to such if truly you are an IT person.. If you are based in Lagos, there are many shared office space that you can pay on a monthly basis and you will have allocated seat..

I am sure other states have shared office space that you can rent on monthly basis..

https://techpoint.africa/2017/05/02/co-working-spaces-lagos-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by DisGuy: 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2019
OmoManU:

I think the 5k for business name might have ended Dec ending but nevertheless, go to CAC website and follow the process yourself

It's due to end 31st March 2019
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by OmoManU: 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2019
DisGuy:

It's due to end 31st March 2019
Good, am not even aware of this
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by DisGuy: 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2019
OmoManU:

Good, am not even aware of this

On a scale of 1-10 how easy did you find the process without using a lawyer?

Many people shy away from doing this themselves
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by OmoManU: 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
DisGuy:

On a scale of 1-10 how did you easy find the process without using a lawyer?

Many people shy away from doing this themselves
9/10 for me cos the process is so easy, I filled one at Ilorin office, one at their Alausa Ikeja office and the last one at Lagos Island office and I find them all so easy, no need for any lawyer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by superman1073: 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
Ok,keep us informed of latest decision reached at the end.
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by rawe45: 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2019
OmoManU:

How did you upload documents or do I have to do that in their office?
Re: PEBEC Commences 4th 60-day NAP 4.0 On Ease Of Doing Business by OmoManU: 8:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
rawe45:

How did you upload documents or do I have to do that in their office?

You will do the uploading and everything online. Afterwards after approval, at the point of collection, you will take the documents to their office. Quite straight forward

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ndoni, Emuoha, Ikwerre, Etche, Egbema May Become IMO State As NBC Commence Work / Nnamdi Kanu Of ESN Exposed.photo / POWER WILL NOT LEAVE THE NORTH IN THE NEXT THREE DECADES ~ SANUSI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.