Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

My Parents Made me to Stop Drawing For A While- Eli Waduba Yusuf - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Parents Made me to Stop Drawing For A While- Eli Waduba Yusuf (1694 Views)

Yusuf Grillo 'Teacher' Dies At 87 / Eli Waduba: Boy Who Drew Painting Of Kevin Hart Featured On Steve Harvey Show / Astonishing Drawing Of The N500 Note By A Nairalander's Younger Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Made me to Stop Drawing For A While- Eli Waduba Yusuf by Tos87(m): 10:45am On Mar 05, 2019
Is not yet over for the young talented Nigeria Artist, ELI WADUBA YUSUF. Most of us got to know him last week through his hyper-realistic drawing of a famous comedian and Hollywood Actor, Kevin Hart.
However, we were privileged to have a blog interview with him and he spoke about his source of inspiration.
#himymarket
Share It | Market It

READ... SHARE

(1). Can we get to know you.
Eli: my name is Eli Waduba Yusuf, I’m an artist. A graduate of Kaduna State polytechnic where I studied cooperative economics and management.

(2). How long have you been drawing?

Eli: I have been drawing since I was 9 and due to some challenges I had to stop for a while, I picked it up again about 9 years ago.

(3). What inspires you to draw?

Eli: the joy I get from seeing my previous works pushes me to do some more, I don't like drawing without music, and because I have challenged myself I have to keep drawing, the plan is to compete with the camera.

(4). You parents, have they always been supportive?

No, a typical Nigerian parent would want their child to go into a professional course, this was part of my set back and why I stopped drawing for a while.

(5). What other medium do you use aside Pencil?

Eli: more pencils, I know there are really good material I could get which would aid my drawing but being financially constrained, I had to maintain using some crude materials.

(6). Is kevin Hart, the first celebrity you have drawn?

Eli: No he is not.

(7). When you are not drawing, what else do you do?

Eli:i just rest, drawing is full time for me. I think I just fake dance in my room during drawing breaks.

(cool. Does the place you stay influence your art?

Eli:Yes, in the first place the north does not appreciate art like other parts of the world, I just wanted people to know that something good can come out of Kaduna

(9). You see Arinze Stanley as your role model, have you met him?

Eli: Not yet.

(10). What advice do you have for those trying to make a career in drawing.

Eli: where I am, this very moment it is God that made it possible, there are really talented young guys out there, better than me, but I have been sponsored by the grace of God. Secondly consistency, please don't give up, I promised that my next work must be better than the previous one.

https://m.facebook.com/himymart/?ref=bookmarks

1 Like

Re: My Parents Made me to Stop Drawing For A While- Eli Waduba Yusuf by cooljoe7(m): 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2019
Am really impressed with this art work...it's just awesome..had the same problem while growing, folks want me to drop art and study engineering. smh.they will never understand.
Re: My Parents Made me to Stop Drawing For A While- Eli Waduba Yusuf by Tos87(m): 7:42am On Mar 09, 2019
cooljoe7:
Am really impressed with this art work...it's just awesome..had the same problem while growing, folks want me to drop art and study engineering. smh.they will never understand.
Is usually so.
Re: My Parents Made me to Stop Drawing For A While- Eli Waduba Yusuf by emmyz09(m): 9:26am On Mar 13, 2019
Re: My Parents Made me to Stop Drawing For A While- Eli Waduba Yusuf by asalimpo(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
cooljoe7:
how many dreams hav parents quashed?
Re: My Parents Made me to Stop Drawing For A While- Eli Waduba Yusuf by Tos87(m): 6:41am On Mar 14, 2019
asalimpo:

how many dreams hav parents quashed?
one can only imagine. Last last, one should always follow his dreams.

(1) (Reply)

Cartoonist / Illustrator Needed / Design A Logo For My Video Blog For 1k / My Biro Sketch ....hyper Realistic Sketch....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.