Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark (37044 Views)

Iyana Iba Interchange & Flyover Bridge, Badagry Expressway, Lagos (Pictures) / Pictures Of Iyana Iba Interchange And Flyover Bridge In Lagos / Photos Of Ore Flyover Bridge In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by AutoJoshNG: 10:59am On Mar 05, 2019

1. The Asaba flyover bridge is one of 3 flyover bridges in Delta state. The others are the Warri and Idu Flyover Bridges.

2. The Asaba flyover bridge is located at the intersection of Nnebisi-Okpanam-Anwai roads (inter-bau) roundabout in Asaba - the Delta State capital.

3. The Asaba flyover bridge was constructed by the ex-Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan-led administration of Delta State.

4. The bridge is a 120 meter-long six-span bridge, with two ramps of about 140 meters each on either approach bringing it to a total of 400 meters long. The entire bridge/ramps structure is a four-lane dual carriageway, comprising two in each travel direction demarcated with a New Jersey Barrier.

5. The contract for the construction of the bridge was awarded to Messrs Consolidated Construction Company (CCC) Nigeria Limited on August 16, 2013.

6. The flyover bridge was conceived specifically to ease the traffic challenge in Asaba as the city gradually grows to become a metropolitan center. The bridges also ease traffic on the road, which connects Edo State and reduces the time of journey from Asaba to Abuja and other parts of the country through Edo State.

7. Sometime in June 2018, the Asaba Bridge was temporary shutdown to motorists for a promotional photo shoot on the bridge for a fashion show.

8. The Asaba flyover bridge was built at a cost of N3.5billion.

9. The Chief Press Secretary to Governor Ifeanyi Okowa,  Charles Aniagwu recently disclosed that the Okowa administration made the payment to the contractor that handled that project.

10. The bridge was officially commissioned on Thursday, April 9, 2015.

Source: https://autojosh.com/the-asaba-flyover-bridge-10-things-to-know-about-this-beautiful-landmark/

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by HospitalityDiva(f): 11:00am On Mar 05, 2019
Asaba, the beautiful and peaceful city.

15 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by naijareferee: 11:05am On Mar 05, 2019
Beautiful... Autojoshng... You need to do a review on Abakaliki... It's roads and flyovers... There are so many to make up news for three to four threads for you.

15 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by 2lateBiafra: 11:11am On Mar 05, 2019
Which village be this?

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by dollytino4real(f): 11:37am On Mar 05, 2019
keke n.a. sign of poverty

2 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by matrixme(m): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2019
This ones didn't put Christmas lights everywhere and name it the light of Africa nii
Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
An average girl in Asaba is a prostitute and has a child for a cultist while the average guy is a either cultist, fraudster, native doctor or all of the above. And they are all diabolical.

I no get power o grin

32 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by wahum9087: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
oshe, nice one

1 Like

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
Chai.... Country where ordinary 17th century bridge is celebrated....
Shame!!!!

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
With 49billion allocation they can do better

10 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by TheAngry1: 1:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
See nonsense abeg! angry angry angry angry What bullshit is this? Do you mean someone listed this crap as an achievement? The height of fuckery!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by dreamwords: 1:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
Chai, 3.5 billion

11 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Runaway: 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2019
Where are APC guys. PDP did nothing in 16years and still counting....

1 Like

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Melancho: 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2019
Where is the bridge. I can only see cuties.
I create beautiful websites for N20K. Domain name and hosting inclusive. Contact me or WhatsApp me 07085013051

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by pcagbaji(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
The bridge you are seeing is the wost fly over bridge ever built.only small cars are permitted to pass on it because it is faulty and it can collapse anytime hence the restriction on heavy duty vehicle

28 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by mummyson26(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2019
In 2019? I weep for my country

1 Like

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2019
Village road

Poor job by cheap contractor.

6 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by gbaskiboy: 1:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
Asaba home of cultists

3 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Racoon(m): 1:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
This is not a beffiting project @ all

2 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by imran147(m): 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
wahum9087:
oshe, nice one

What’s nice here with all federal allocation and Nddc plus IGR from the whole corner of the state,Yet only three flyover you can proud of in Delta state....I laugh in Swahili
Come to Ogun state and check it out only in state capital Abeokuta we have 9 flyover and not to talk of other cities/town....Amosun is one of the best governor so far compare to this mere tricker looser lotting governor in delta state

3 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
Shameful to even stand taking pictures of this crap in 2019

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by midehi2(f): 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
dollytino4real:
keke n.a. sign of poverty
Na only keke full that Asaba i swear shocked shocked

8 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by dominique(f): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nothing spectacular about the bridge yet people were insulting Kano state governor for constructing an underpass and extensive road networks with roundabouts for 4bn. Compare that with this rubbish bridge constructed with 3.5bn. May God forgive you all.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by imran147(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
Runaway:
Where are APC guys. PDP did nothing in 16years and still counting....

What’s nice here with all federal allocation and Nddc plus IGR from the whole corner of the state,Yet only three flyover you can proud of in Delta state....I laugh in Swahili
Come to Ogun state and check it out only in state capital Abeokuta we have 9 flyover and not to talk of other cities/town....Amosun is one of the best governor so far compare to this mere tricker looser lotting governor in delta state

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Dancewizzy: 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2019
Just imagine

1 Like

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Base1line: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
This is how foolish Igbo flame bigotry hate across the country. No one will caution this one, the Igbo mod on duty will not flag his insultive post but we ban me cos I pointed out his failure. Other Igbos will look away until this build up and it is assumed to be true. The earlier other Nigerians realize Igbos should be shut up when they make senseless n lunatic jokes n lunatic rant about other tribe in Nigeria the beta. There are enough olosho prostitute pagan bastard fool canibals in the East hopeless Igbo can joke about n other Nigerians will understand the pix. Igbo should crack demeaning jokes about their tribe n leave other tribes in Nigeria. On a personal note I am yet to see a tribe so filled with hate bigotry n despicable people as the Eboes.
candlewax:
An average girl in Asaba is a prostitute and has a child for a cultist while the average guy is a either cultist, fraudster, native doctor or all of the above. And they are all diabolical.

I no get power o grin

5 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by masseratti: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
Whats the purpose of that cage on it, any engineering purpose or just aesthetics.

2 Likes

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Offpoint1: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
Autojósh you failed to add this "it'll collapse before 2030", and this "off the 3.5 billions, only 500m when into the project, 3 billions were embezzle"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by ezigr8(m): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2019
what is special to know about the flyover abi bridge here. Am ashamed of my state capital even with the allocation coming into the state this is what we call achievement.

RUBBISH

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Commercial Bus Summersaults In Lone Accident In Ikeja (Pictures) / Accident At Eleme Junction Portharcourt Graphic Photos / My Barcelona Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.