Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,368 members, 7,957,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:57 AM

Let's Kick Out Hunger - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Let's Kick Out Hunger (410 Views)

The Ondo Food Bank Of Amb. Samuel Egunjobi And Vision For Zero Hunger In Africa / Alleviating The Poverty Of Hunger And Starvation In NIGERIA And Afrika At Large / Do You Need Good Breed To Kick Start Your Pig Farming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Kick Out Hunger by TushFarmer: 11:44am On Mar 05, 2019
A friend visited me sometimes late December 2018, after showing him around for about 30minutes, he turned and said this to me...

"Bro, even if Nigeria go reccession and bankruptcy at the same time, you and your family can never sleep with empty belle"...

I asked him why he said so; he said look around you, you are surrounded by so many life sustaining substances (food)...

I smile and just nod in affirmation.

Truly if you come to my place, you will take a tour.

We are not so big, but we are a mini "Ecosystem".

Sometimes, throughout the day, I might decide not to step outside the farm except the need be.

I don't have much friends around, except for the animals that I breed.

Firstly, the last time I bought garri was 3 months ago, yet we ate food made from garri every other day. We produce 3in1 packaged garri in a large quantities, my little boy stays around her mom all day for the groundnut.

Plantain trees are our flowers, they grow everywhere to beautify our farm with their leaves and fruits.
Sometimes, when we are tired of eating fried we boil and eat like an African King.

As a confam Yoruba man, I love eating Ewedu with swallow once a day.

Even sometimes with Efo riro, all these Vegetables are planted in my farm.

I planted the seeds 3months ago, we still enjoy the benefits up till date.

My Ducks are always the first person to say goodmorning everyday.

Goats were also there to eat whatever that is not placed at the right place.

Besides, we also raise Catfish (largescale), and the Pigs (largescale) are the only animal that is not friendly to my little boy and wifey.

The Rabbits are our best friend, they are the only animal permitted to enter the office and share room with us at times.

Some stray Cats also come at night to mingle with the Goats and Ducks.

Sometimes, when I feel bored, I walked to the Catfish unit, sit or stand on their brick walls to view the world in a new dimension.

All the animals in my vineyard are like a family member, I don't kill them for food or leisure, except the Snakes that serves as a threat to harmless humans around me.

We hope to get Chickens and Turkeys soon, so the Ducks won't be bored as the Goats are frustrating their life - they wouldn't let them eat their feeds.

And, another thing a Dog is a necessity but we are buying a specie with a low temperament so he/she could relate well with everyone in the house (both the Animals and Humans).

This post is a bid to challenge you to do Agriculture, if not for commercial - do it for leisure.

#LetSkickHungerOut
#TushFarmer
@tushfarmer19
www.tushfarmer.com

(1) (Reply)

Timeline Of A Grafted Avocado / 5000 MT Soya Beans Needed For Immediate Supply / We Need Animal Bones In Large Quantities Both Burnt and Raw.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.