Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches (9493 Views)

How Much INEC Dey Pay NYSC Ad Hoc Staff? / Female Corper Wrongly Accused Of Electoral Malpractice Receives Her Certificate / Inec Ad-hoc Staff Training (kwara State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by olajay86(m): 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
TITOPE-BLOG

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Plateau State has commenced a refresher training for its ad-hoc officials to mitigate against hitches experienced during the Feb. 23 Presidential and National Assembly elections.

INEC’s Head of Voter Education and Publicity in Plateau, Mr. Osaretin Imahiyereobo, made this disclosure on Tuesday in Jos at a town hall meeting on Voter Education, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

The meeting was organised by the National Orientation Agency (NOA) in collaboration with a private radio station to review the lessons learnt during the national elections and proffer solutions.

Imahiyereobo said the training was for confidence building for the staff as well as to acquire more requisite skills ahead of the March 9 Governorship and State House of Assembly elections.

“We received reports that many ad-hoc officials were intimidated at polling units to use manual polling which is zero voting.

“We want them to have the boldness and courage to coordinate the activities of their polling units because they are representatives of the INEC chairman,” he said.

He added that INEC guidelines must be adhered to including using the card reader machines, adding that where there were hitches, its technical officials would address such.

“All the card reader machines are working, but the ad-hoc officials may not be effective in using them hence the training. The use of the machine would prevent multiple voting,” he said.

The INEC official urged voters to be patient with the machines and cooperate with officials to enable them to conduct the forthcoming elections successfully.

Mr. Bulus Dabit, the Director of NOA in Plateau said that the Agency was worried about the number of invalid votes recorded during the last elections, saying voter education was critical to ensure votes counted.

“I want to commend voters in the last elections for being resilient and coming out en masse to exercise their franchise.

“We want to appeal to political parties and traditional leaders to educate electorates on how to vote accurately,” he said.

Narrating the challenges of the last elections, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Akeem Yusuf in Plateau stated that some INEC officials were overwhelmed with some of the challenges they encountered at their various polling units.

“Some challenges were what the officials can address but some of them were afraid to take appropriate measures, they need reorientation to address this issue,” he said.

NAN reports that participants at the town hall meeting included security agencies, faith-based organisations, civil society organisations and journalists among others.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/03/march-9-election-inec-retrains-ad-hoc.html

Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by eben1marketer: 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
shocked
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Cutefergieee: 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
ok
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by HAROLDWILSON: 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Habibsocial080: 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
One definition I can't never forget in my life is*** pollination is the transfer of pollen grains from anther to the stigma

3 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by olaolulazio(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2019
Okay
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Sweetcollins: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
So make them Sidon look only ka mkpi agbara amu
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by ivolt: 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lalong should start packing his bags, he has lost it with the people.
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Jimmyubah2: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
olajay86:

TITOPE-BLOG

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Plateau State has commenced a refresher training for its ad-hoc officials to mitigate against hitches experienced during the Feb. 23 Presidential and National Assembly elections.

INEC’s Head of Voter Education and Publicity in Plateau, Mr. Osaretin Imahiyereobo, made this disclosure on Tuesday in Jos at a town hall meeting on Voter Education, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

The meeting was organised by the National Orientation Agency (NOA) in collaboration with a private radio station to review the lessons learnt during the national elections and proffer solutions.

Imahiyereobo said the training was for confidence building for the staff as well as to acquire more requisite skills ahead of the March 9 Governorship and State House of Assembly elections.

“We received reports that many ad-hoc officials were intimidated at polling units to use manual polling which is zero voting.

“We want them to have the boldness and courage to coordinate the activities of their polling units because they are representatives of the INEC chairman,” he said.

He added that INEC guidelines must be adhered to including using the card reader machines, adding that where there were hitches, its technical officials would address such.

“All the card reader machines are working, but the ad-hoc officials may not be effective in using them hence the training. The use of the machine would prevent multiple voting,” he said.

The INEC official urged voters to be patient with the machines and cooperate with officials to enable them to conduct the forthcoming elections successfully.

Mr. Bulus Dabit, the Director of NOA in Plateau said that the Agency was worried about the number of invalid votes recorded during the last elections, saying voter education was critical to ensure votes counted.

“I want to commend voters in the last elections for being resilient and coming out en masse to exercise their franchise.

“We want to appeal to political parties and traditional leaders to educate electorates on how to vote accurately,” he said.

Narrating the challenges of the last elections, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Akeem Yusuf in Plateau stated that some INEC officials were overwhelmed with some of the challenges they encountered at their various polling units.

“Some challenges were what the officials can address but some of them were afraid to take appropriate measures, they need reorientation to address this issue,” he said.

NAN reports that participants at the town hall meeting included security agencies, faith-based organisations, civil society organisations and journalists among others.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/03/march-9-election-inec-retrains-ad-hoc.html
Trash..... The use of the machine does not prevent multiple voting. A situation whereby the card reader verifies and fails to capture the voter's finger print? And such voter is eligible to vote, why then will such a voter not come back with another person's PVC and force you to allow him cast his vote? And when you tell them its another person's card, they will bring machete and other dangerous weapons threatening to kill you. That card reader is a sham!!!

1 Like

Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by osamz007: 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
;Dinec chairman representatives
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by mfm04622: 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
It is not a matter of retraining! The issue is those that were trained in the first place were not used to conduct the election! Their names were replaced with those that were not trained! So INEC should ensure only trained personnel are used this time

1 Like

Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by mfm04622: 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
Jimmyubah2:

Trash..... The use of the machine does not prevent multiple voting. A situation whereby the card reader verifies and fails to capture the voter's finger print? And such voter is eligible to vote, why then will such a voter not come back with another person's PVC and force you to allow him cast his vote? And when you tell them its another person's card, they will bring machete and other dangerous weapons threatening to kill you. That card reader is a sham!!!

You really do not understand how the electoral process works! Doubt if you voted!

For a voter to be allowed to vote, he must come with a PVC, the name in the PVC must be on the voters register in that polling booth, his card must be read by the card reader, his finger print must be verified to be same as on the card reader. If all these are done, how can there be multiple voting!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by PrinzCarter(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
This is nigeria
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by ozodigboo(m): 6:13pm On Mar 05, 2019
mfm04622:

You really do not understand how the electoral process works! Doubt if you voted!

For a voter to be allowed to vote, he must come with a PVC, the name in the PVC must be on the voters register in that polling booth, his card must be read by the card reader, his finger print must be verified to be same as on the card reader. If all these are done, how can there be multiple voting!
Abeg shift.
All these conditions.....were they all adhered to in the North ?
And here in the South, what of those who's fingerprints were not recognised by cardreader but they had their pvcs and their names were in the register ?
I'm actually ashamed by the way we nigerians quickly accepted this sham of an election.
I wonder what would hv happened if GEJ had done this rigging in 2015
Everyone is telling Atiku to concede because GEJ did the same thing.
As if its now constitutional to concede whether you were rigged out or not.
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by fatymore(f): 6:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
They should pay us our money now... are they also doing man know man before they can pay....
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Jimmyubah2: 6:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
mfm04622:

Lol.... You would not understand. I have used and handled the card reader in the 2015 and 2019 general elections as PO. And I can confidently tell you that all the card readers failed to capture voters' finger print after the card reader verified the PVCs. And those PVCs were all for that polling unit and their names were on the voters' register belonging to that particular poling unit. INEC told us in the training that such voters must be allowed to vote and then we tick a column 'FA' meaning failure to authenticate on the voter's register.
You will spend 1-2 hours trying to capture just a single voter's fingerprint and the card reader will still not capture the person's fingerprint while the voter is the original owner of the PVC.
E.g in the just concluded election, in my polling unit where I was the PO, the card reader accredited 212 PVCs but only 4 authenticated. That's only 4 voters fingerprints were captured. But all the 208 voters whose fingerprints could not be captured by the card reader were still allowed to vote because they were the original owners of the PVCs and their names were on the voters' register.
In other words, electoral process in Nigeria na wash..... Hope u understand my point of argument now?

2 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by kelvinovie25(m): 6:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
mfm04622:

Everything you said was right except the area of verification using finger print, in my polling unit 99% of people with their card reader failed the thumbprint verification and that didn't stop them from voting cus balot paper was issued to them, so don't say what you don't know.
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2019
No refresher like that in Lagos they haven't even pay the adohc staff na who get time to dey come training
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Kaycee9242(m): 6:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
okokobioko, as if that's where our problem lies. who will retrain d one that announces the results
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Jimmyubah2: 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2019
kelvinovie25:

Everything you said was right except the area of verification using finger print, in my polling unit 99% of people with their card reader failed the thumbprint verification and that didn't stop them from voting cus balot paper was issued to them, so don't say what you don't know.
My brother God bless you. He thought he had rubbished me but he never knew that he is the one who doesn't know the entire processes involved in the voting processes.

1 Like

Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Lymasaba(m): 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
Jimmyubah2:

did u say machete .. Thank God the police are their, and that does not in anyway invalidate the credibility of the election
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Jimmyubah2: 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lymasaba:
did u say machete .. Thank God the police are their, and that does not in anyway invalidate the credibility of the election
Hmmm!!! You will not understand what inec ad hoc staff go through during elections. Did you just mention the police? What can they do? Nothing.... because they are unarmed. Talking about the invalidation of the elections. If under duress you are forced to allow multiple voting in your polling unit, then you have to file a report while submitting your result and that will lead to the cancelation of that polling unit.
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Quelme: 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
Pay your adhoc staff first for the presidential and NA elections...
Kwara state precisely!
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Dollabiz: 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
inec has never been serious
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by frankson1(m): 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2019
Jimmyubah2:

Lol.... You would not understand. I have used and handled the card reader in the 2015 and 2019 general elections as PO. And I can confidently tell you that all the card readers failed to capture voters' finger print after the card reader verified the PVCs. And those PVCs were all for that polling unit and their names were on the voters' register belonging to that particular poling unit. INEC told us in the training that such voters must be allowed to vote and then we tick a column 'FA' meaning failure to authenticate on the voter's register.
You will spend 1-2 hours trying to capture just a single voter's fingerprint and the card reader will still not capture the person's fingerprint while the voter is the original owner of the PVC.
E.g in the just concluded election, in my polling unit where I was the PO, the card reader accredited 212 PVCs but only 4 authenticated. That's only 4 voters fingerprints were captured. But all the 208 voters whose fingerprints could not be captured by the card reader were still allowed to vote because they were the original owners of the PVCs and their names were on the voters' register.
In other words, electoral process in Nigeria na wash..... Hope u understand my point of argument now?

In my own unit, I didn't really have issues with the card reader. It only failed to authenticate a few persons. The only problem I had was the names of some voters missing on the voter's register and it wasn't funny at all. We used wisdom to handle them.
Generally, I didn't hear of any complaint about card reader failures in my ward.
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Omero(m): 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
frankson1:

In my own unit, I didn't really have issues with the card reader. It only failed to authenticate a few persons. The only problem I had was the names of some voters missing on the voter's register and it wasn't funny at all. We used wisdom to handle them.
Generally, I didn't hear of any complaint about card reader failures in my ward.
Same with me. I had 90% success rate with the SCR. Had never had problems with the SCR.
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by Jimmyubah2: 9:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
Omero:
Same with me. I had 90% success rate with the SCR. Had never had problems with the SCR.
Its like the ractech tempered with all the SCR in the local govt area where I did my work. It was really a terrible experience that day. We had to use wisdom for those voters.
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by samlake(m): 9:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
Will they be paid for this fresh training?
Re: Governorship Election: INEC Retrains Ad-hoc Staff To Address Electoral Hitches by pieces18: 12:37am On Mar 06, 2019
that has to be done in kaduna too ooo, because the pharaoh in Nigeria call hellufai is ready to die if he did not win this election.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should NYSC Stop Including Phone Numbers Of Corpers In The Year book? / Change Your Date Of Birth On Nysc Portal / 10 Best States To Serve As A Corper In NYSC Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.