Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,657 members, 7,813,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women (8278 Views)

10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women / Driving Tips For Drivers On How To Drive During Harmattan Season / Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by AutoJoshNIG: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2019
1. Minimize Your Driving

When your pregnancy has become really advanced, especially when it is in the third trimester, it is important to minimize the need to drive yourself. This is especially at the point when your belly has gotten too close to the steering wheel.

If you must drive long distances, arrange to have periodic stoppages for toilet breaks and to stretch your legs.

2. Keep Sufficient Space Between You and the Car Ahead of You

Avoid tailgating. Tailgating is when one drives too close behind the car ahead of him or her.

One reason why this is important is that in the event that the car ahead of you halts suddenly, this will prevent you from stepping on your brake suddenly, and bumping your Tommy unto the steering wheel.

3. Take Periodic Breaks

To keep healthy circulation, especially in your leg, it is important to schedule periodic breaks from driving, even if it’s just for a couple of minutes, so you can stretch your legs.

4. In the Event of a Collision

If you are involved in a collision with another vehicle, no matter how minor, visit the hospital to have the baby’s heartbeat checked and to verify that no harm has come the way of the baby. Even if you do not feel you have been hurt, research suggests that pregnant women in crashes without documented injuries are at greater risk of premature labour caused by placental abruption.

7. Reduce Driving At Night

Generally, driving is riskier at night. Night driving reduces visibility, increases the chance of encountering a drunk driver and increases fatigue. So, to avoid putting yourself and the baby at risk, minimize driving at night.

6. Fill Up Before you Start Driving

Drinking plenty of water is important habit during pregnancy. Ensure to always have bottled water and fruits when travelling. It is also imperative to keep your blood sugar at a healthy level, and that you avoid eating unhealthy food. By eating before you leave the house, and packing some healthy snacks for the road, you can keep your blood sugar in check and eat healthily.

7. Be Ready For Emergencies

Expectant mothers should prepare for emergencies when driving. For instance, before driving pack a traveling pillow, toiletries, fully-charged mobile phone, and additional clothes. If you are far gone into your pregnancy, you could find these items particularly handy if birth comes earlier than expected.

8. Consider Stopping Driving Around 30 weeks Into Your Pregnancy

When your pregnancy approaches its due date, it is often advised that you reduce or totally quit driving. Though driving at that period poises no direct risk, however, your reaction during emergencies could through up some risk.

9. Consider Using Public Transport

At the later point of your pregnancy, rather than drive, it is sometimes advised that you opt for a public transport vehicle, for example Yellow Cab, Uber, Taxify, etc.

10. Always Wear your Seat-belt

Wearing seat belts does not endanger the baby. Instead, it protects you and the baby. However, in your pregnant state, place the waist strap below the bump, somewhere around your Hipbones. The sash part of the seat-belt should be placed between the breasts.

https://autojosh.com/10-essential-driving-tips-for-pregnant-women/

7 Likes

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by freemanbubble: 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
Okay
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by bakareway: 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
WITH THIS PROGRAM, WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO A MOST-SOUGHT AFTER WEB DESIGNER AND DEVELOPER IN 4 WEEKS – 1000% GUARANTEED!

IMAGINE THIS SCENARIO: A friend recommends a certain website, so you click on the link. And wow – even though you can't put your finger on it, everything about the site seems to fit together superbly, from the colors, Web Design and entire functionality. Although you haven't visited the site before, you know just how to navigate it. The search function even works. For all this and more, you can give kudos to the talented Web developer - and probably you have nursing the dream of becoming a WEB DESIGNER AND DEVELOPER

Build A Job-Ready Career As Website Developer. Learn to Create Professional & Functional Websites.
Get Tutored and Mentored by Experts who have developed hundreds of Websites, Web & Mobile Apps

What You Get -Practical Training Outlines

Everything You Need to Know About Becoming a WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
What are the important time-tested and trusted Skills, Technologies and Training needed to Become A WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT Profession
The Fundamentals of Web technologies – HTML, CSS and Javascript
SEO – Basic and advanced applications of Google Analytics, Console and Yoast
Basic and Advance implementation of Site Speed optimization
Achieving mobile responsiveness
Domain registration and propagation
Procuring best Host Registrars with most advanced and reliable hosting features
How Best to host multiple Websites on a single Hosting platform
Website Maintenance and Management principles
Web Design with Photoshop
PLUS MUCH MORE!

FEES: N38,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N39,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: MARCH 20, 2019

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: ASOKORO AND LIFE CAMP CENTERS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Websites Development

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: If you are in Abuja and you want to partner with us. Kindly reach us ASAP. PORT HARCOURT AND IBADAN COMING SOON!

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Websites Development

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

1 Like

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Romanciella(f): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
Really nice info
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Satan66(m): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
I see no reason why women should be allowed to drive a car.
Too much traffic already
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Pennah(m): 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
i will drive my pregnant wife everywhere she wanna go

3 Likes

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Sunbellar: 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
Great tips!
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by asiwajumi(m): 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
i will tell my wife then...ese o

1 Like

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by vikky147Great: 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nice advice.
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by sammysamsung: 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
Very useful tips
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by emoa2002(m): 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
I know you will like this
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by mamaaustin(f): 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
OK oh. No driving recommended after 30 weeks, I have heard. What of we that drove ourselves to the hospital while in labour?

These tips are good generally but some are just not practical for today's modern mothers.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by isrealmyboy: 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
very necessary tip
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by eghuan1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2019
mamaaustin:
OK oh. No driving recommended after 30 weeks, I have heard. What of we that drove ourselves to the hospital while in labour?

These tips are good generally but some are just not practical for today's modern mothers.

Or my mum who was pounding yam the day she went I to labour to give birth to me. Surprisingly, old man was not at home that evening.

African women are a special breed. Kudos to you all

5 Likes

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by lateezy(f): 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
Thank you for the tips
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by CharisSq: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
You can also consider using BRT buses too if you are in Lagos, they have preference for pregnant woman as you don't have to join the que, just carry yourself and your belly to the front, buy ticket and enter the bus.
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Gracesofar(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2019
Great lessons.

But i cant imagine my wife doing all those stressful thing once she takes in

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) / List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. / Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.