Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Review This Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Review This Site (873 Views)

Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / Help Me Review This Site Naijastore.net / Please.... Review this site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review This Site by jeshurun07: 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2010
hi guys,
i want to improve on a website and i want contributions from everyone.
www.cardinalstar.com
please feel free to tear it apart!!
Thanks
Re: Review This Site by ogzille(m): 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2010
My bro, i think the website header needs a serious redesign
Re: Review This Site by jeshurun07: 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ ogzille thanks man! will look into that.
@house
it can't be that scary! any other comments?
Re: Review This Site by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2010
jeshurun07:

@ ogzille thanks man! will look into that.
@house
it can't be that scary! any other comments?

Actually ogzille is correct, i second his views. Seriously.
Re: Review This Site by drone99(m): 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2010
Nice attempt. In my honest opinion, your website needs a total overhaul. You need to "cake"something thats up to standards.
Re: Review This Site by mcfranc(m): 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2010
Check the blue mouse-over on the navigation bar, was it deliberate or a mistake? Like others have observed, the header should be redesigned. The column on the right side is to long. Try splitting it on both sides or move some content to the middle to avoid your visitor having to scroll down to read.
Re: Review This Site by egift(m): 11:04pm On Sep 01, 2010
I will recommend to try redesigning the entire site - chances are that your second attempt will be improvement of what you have on ground.

But if you want to stick to what you have now, consider:
- Changing the header image.
- Maintain uniform height at both the side bar and body content
- Have a central page for "News" link the marquee to it. Also make the News on the sidebar shorter and link to the "News" page.
- make the contact page with form your default "Contact Us" page. You may want to dis-regard the current contact page.
- Finally, your font - for the body content, Tahoma at size 10 maybe better.

In case you may want to redesign, you may as well take a clue from the following:
(Look out for Menu, uniformity, colour combination and simplicity)

Cheers!
[url=http://]Emmanuel - thecoalcity[/url]

Re: Review This Site by 9dynasty(m): 2:17am On Sep 02, 2010
i agree the header should be redesigned but nice the way you're willing to learn from any mistake you might have . keep it up mehn
Re: Review This Site by bhsadmin: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2010
That was a nice step, any try to use those format poster by one of ur reviewer. I think you should work on becoming a web programming using any programming language of your choice.
Re: Review This Site by DualCore1: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2010
Nice one EGift.

The first one looks great. Most def an inspiration for my next job after the presentsmiley

Here's one more job he can look at.

www.kalitel.net grin

Granted, I developed that but it wonta come to live without those catching banners done by Ogzille
I did the effect and all and was just waiting for his files. I plugged them in and it was like I just turned on the killer switch. He's bad tongue
Re: Review This Site by egift(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2010
@ Dual Core
Am glad you find decent. Am sure the poster has a lot of choice now. Am also inviting you all to signup at http:// in solidarity, lol.

Have a great day and keep it all coded.
Re: Review This Site by ogzille(m): 9:33am On Sep 03, 2010
Dual Core:

Nice one EGift.

The first one looks great. Most def an inspiration for my next job after the presentsmiley

Here's one more job he can look at.

www.kalitel.net grin

Granted, I developed that but it wonta come to live without those catching banners done by Ogzille
I did the effect and all and was just waiting for his files. I plugged them in and it was like I just turned on the killer switch. He's bad tongue

@Dual Core, thank you so much :: takes a bow
Re: Review This Site by jeshurun07: 1:26pm On Sep 03, 2010
Thanks so much guys.
I really appreciate the comments.

@bhsadmin
been into php/mysql for a while now and am still workin on getting better on it.

@egift
Thanks so much for the thorough analysis.

Once again thanks guys.

have a great day
Re: Review This Site by Jencejyde(m): 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2010
@ poster, My oga's have spoken, but the key for me is your willingness to be criticized. It just goes to show that you will be very successful at what you do in the future. Nice one!
Re: Review This Site by gerrows80(m): 11:04am On Sep 11, 2010
You need to make your navigation links clearer, you can add asite map on the homepage footer.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Coffeecup Html Editor 2010se for every one / Web Design Training In Lagos / Swift 4g Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.