Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ (11208 Views)

Guinean Military Junta Dissolves Government, Seals Country’s Borders / Sudan Military Declares State Of Emergency After Coup, Dissolves Cabinet / Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by 2special(m): 3:27am On Mar 07, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by MrMcJay(m): 3:27am On Mar 07, 2019
themosthigh:
This is a country in west Africa where the Arabs and Berber population still keeps the black Africans majority as slaves. The black Africans are still bought and sold in the slave markets of Nouakchott. When I visited the country, I felt like sending 100 thousand AK-47s to the black slaves there to attack their Arab masters. The slaves called haratines said that it is against their religion to fight back, that Allah has made them slaves.

"Moctar was born into slavery in an Arab-Berber family, where he was forced to work alongside his mother and brother. In 2012, after several attempts, he managed to escape and met an activist from the anti-slavery movement. He tried to liberate his mother and brother, but they refused to go with him. His mother even criticised his escape and testified against him. “When I was younger, my mother told me every night that we must respect our masters, because their caste is higher than ours, and they are saints,” says Moctar. He started school at 13 and hopes to become a lawyer, in order to fight for the rights of the Haratines."

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/jun/08/the-unspeakable-truth-about-slavery-in-mauritania

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by panafrican(m): 4:09am On Mar 07, 2019
It makes sense because many parties have no members but their eight or ten executive committee members.

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by dheaven: 4:29am On Mar 07, 2019
bodejohn:
The mad rush to form political parties in Nigeria is a phase of our democratic development that I believe will soon pass...
We must not easily forget the reason INEC allowed the multi party system but Nigerians are always willing to exploit the flexibility of our laws.

This system has given us a LP governor, YPP senator elect and numerous house of assembly members, it has also reduced the number of politically motivated killings in the race for party nomination.

The US whose political system we imitate has about 40 political parties with the option of independent candidature, out of which only two have won presidential elections for close to 170 years.

Our laws should be reviewed further to allow for independent candidates since as it stands now only aspirants sponsored by a political party can stand in an election.
You are right. The only problem is logistics and no electronic voting system for now if not the advantage of it are many.
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by RealityShot: 5:24am On Mar 07, 2019
this is exactly what we need in Nigeria before the next election.

only parties that have an office in all 774 LGAs should be allowed to exist!

Imagine AAC, i don't even know thier colors, contesting for presidency!!!

rubbish
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by princegeo(m): 5:47am On Mar 07, 2019
23Tunde45:
PDP needs to be dissolved for losing two consecutive elections (home and away) grin

By then APC should be awarded for rigging back to back (away and home )
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 07, 2019
icelord:
Like for Atiku.... Share for Buhari.. grin

Guy you never tire? Atiku is always the President of Nairaland, Facebook, and Twitter. While Rolls Royce PMB is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Now quote for PMB
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by bayelsaowei(m): 6:18am On Mar 07, 2019
themosthigh:
This is a country in west Africa where the Arabs and Berber population still keeps the black Africans majority as slaves. The black Africans are still bought and sold in the slave markets of Nouakchott. When I visited the country, I felt like sending 100 thousand AK-47s to the black slaves there to attack their Arab masters. The slaves called haratines said that it is against their religion to fight back, that Allah has made them slaves.
...chaii
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by Chinashopping84: 6:20am On Mar 07, 2019
Same should be done in nigeria here.A lot of some parties in nigeria are not functioning and they are too small too.Check my siggy to pay your suppliers rmb directly
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by Kobicove(m): 6:27am On Mar 07, 2019
We should do the same thing here in Nigeria
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by 23Tunde45(m): 6:38am On Mar 07, 2019
gare:

Why was PMB not banned for loosing 3 elections in a row, that law should be put in place grin grin

PMB is an individual, not a party.
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by AnanseK(m): 6:50am On Mar 07, 2019
Good idea. When will they dissolve PDP?
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by Zeezxo(m): 7:08am On Mar 07, 2019
themosthigh:

Wait o you mean after the westerners colonise you
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by Okuda(m): 7:17am On Mar 07, 2019
superior1:
Anything more than 3 parties have become fellowships
5 at most.
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by joinnow: 7:34am On Mar 07, 2019
themosthigh:
Are you serious
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 07, 2019
Nigeria should do same. Let's have a maximum of ten political parties
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by ozo13(m): 8:44am On Mar 07, 2019
icelord:
the majority have it.from now on , Alhaji Atiku is the president of nairaland republic. Thank u all.End u all support him.
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by Greatfullheart: 8:54am On Mar 07, 2019
Unlike Nigeria were You've 96other That are Not Useless you Still Want to Approve another Useless 105parties Again.
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by Ayomosix(m): 8:55am On Mar 07, 2019
icelord:
this ur mumu never still leave u.
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by AllenSpencer: 9:57am On Mar 07, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Is this for real ?
This is what northerners are moving towards silently.

Sharrap!
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by Gudiza(m): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2019
themosthigh:
What's now is the job of AU, ECOWAS if black people are still living in servitude IN AFRICA?
SMH, no love for the black race...

**modified** I dey talk, even in Nigeria, some are slaves. mtcheww

Incidentally, about sending 100,000 AKs, the West would have done such if they were white or other countries but...
BLACK folks got NO friends.. black leadership is totally COMPROMISED..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yQlOPD8mNo
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by Kayode12345: 11:43am On Mar 07, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Is this for real ?
This is what northerners are moving towards silently.
.....i think the country is in North west and the black are the minority... The Barbers and Arab are actually the majority.. It's an Islamic State
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by KingWarri: 11:59am On Mar 07, 2019
haaaaaaaaa:
The kind thunder that will fire u ehhhh
grin no mind that guy
Re: Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ by sfsmng: 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2019
This should happen in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israel To Bomb Iran After US Elections!!! / Multimillion-dollar Diamond Heist In Brussels / Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.