Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Know Your Worth As A Skilled Worker - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Know Your Worth As A Skilled Worker (240 Views)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program / Body Of Supermart Worker Who Vanished 10years Ago Found Behind Freezer In US(Pic / Happy Worker’s Day. From N-power_ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Know Your Worth As A Skilled Worker by OmonoWrites: 5:02am On Mar 07, 2019
Once upon a time, I attended a job interview with the chief executive officer of a private firm. The CEO was impressed with me on paper, as well as with my proactive work ethic, he said so himself. He told me he needed to work with people who can make clean cut positive contributions to his company.

I already knew I could deliver on the tasks assigned and even more, so, it was basically clear that I would get the job. One thing wrong though, he offered me a salary I could not possibly accept, so, I turned down the offer.

Dear job seeker, not every job proposition is to be accepted by you, especially when you are bringing a lot to the table – skills, workplace ethics, proactive attitude to work, years of experience. Please, do not settle. It is understandable that a lot of young professionals decide to accept what they see due to mounting bills and debts, however, it is still good to work where you are adequately compensated.

Some employers will try to shame you into accepting far less than you deserve, by saying you are asking for too much. But, I am here to encourage you to keep the faith. As long as you are skilled, and, you are not a ‘run off the mill’ worker, you will get the offer you deserve in no time.

When you are offered a salary and/or benefits, you should take your inconveniences, and work skills into consideration. Is it commensurate to what you have to offer? Will the salary pay for your upkeep, fuel, medical, food et al? Above all, will you be a better person as regards knowledge while working there? How is the work environment like, will it challenge you to become a better-skilled worker?

Aside from the salary/benefit details, you should also focus on working in an environment that helps you grow. Bear in mind that your employer is paying you for all the time you took in learning, unlearning, and, relearning your work skills, and, education.

www.lingoafrica.com

Visit Lingo Africa for more daily updates on Career Advice, Life, Policy, and, Job Updates.
Re: Know Your Worth As A Skilled Worker by OmonoWrites: 6:58am On Mar 07, 2019
smiley
Re: Know Your Worth As A Skilled Worker by OmonoWrites: 10:23am On Mar 07, 2019
cool
Re: Know Your Worth As A Skilled Worker by OmonoWrites: 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2019
Good day

(1) (Reply)

Urgently In Need Of A Job Pls / Latest Recruitment At Hobark International Limited 2019 | Read More Details Here / Latest Recruitment In A Prestigious Poultry Farm 2019 | Check Requirements Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.