Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

80 Women Battle 987 Men For 29 Guber Seats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 80 Women Battle 987 Men For 29 Guber Seats (226 Views)

987 Properties Recovered From Okorocha Returned To Owners, Imo Govt Reveals / Kano Decide Final Result.. PDP:1,020,465. APC: 987,459 / Unveiling The 80 Women Running For Governor On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

80 Women Battle 987 Men For 29 Guber Seats by treasure2: 8:22am On Mar 07, 2019
80 women battle 987 men for 29 guber seats
….Gen. Useni, Oyo PPN candidate lead the oldest pack at 75
…Akwa Ibom deputy governor, the oldest running mate at 76

By Wale Elegbede

A fierce contest is expected to take place on Saturday as 80 female candidates square up against 987 male for 29 governorship seats in the states.
Similarly, that day, elections into the Federal Council Territory (FCT) area councils for chairmen and councillors will also be conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Just as it was penultimate week in the Presidential and National Assembly elections, the governorship race is largely going to be a straight fight between the candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and those of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
In the 2015 general elections, about 368 candidates vied for the governorship seats in 29 states, 58 of them were APC and PDP candidates.
Governorship elections won’t be taking place in seven states. The states are: Kogi, Anambra, Bayelsa, Osun, Ondo, Edo and Ekiti.
Out of the 1,067 candidates vying for the governorship seats in 29 states on Saturday, 28 of them are APC and 29 are PDP candidates.
The APC is not presenting governorship candidate in Rivers State due to a court ruling on its governorship primaries.
According to New Telegraph findings, only 80 of the 1,067 governorship candidates are female, representing 7.5 per cent of the governorship hopeful.
All of the 29 states have female as their gubernatorial candidates except three states. The states with no female governorship candidates are: Borno, Kastina and Plateau states.
The Change Advocacy Party (CAP) recorded the highest number of female gubernatorial flag bearers by a political party. It has seven women as candidates.

Courtesy: https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/03/80-women-battle-987-men-for-29-guber-seats/
Re: 80 Women Battle 987 Men For 29 Guber Seats by Bizmagnet: 8:25am On Mar 07, 2019
The female interest in politics these days is quite impressive. It takes emotional beings to really lead with feelings for the masses in Nigerian politics. The male politicians have crossed the rubicon; they have dined and wined with the devil, so they don't care.

Your brand creative packaging goes a long way in expanding your client base. Get your website/blog/software for that business, idea, school, church, NGOs, etc today. Check my signature for contacts.

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Work Harder This Second Term - Buhari / Kaduna’s El-rufai And The Education Sector / God Told Me That I Will Be Victorious,i Have No Doubt About It,i Will Win-umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.