Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 (6825 Views)

Wema Records 196 Percent Profit Before Tax In 2023 Financial Report / Mark Zuckerberg Loses 17. 6bn Plunge To World's Sixth Richest / Dangote Sugar Posts N54bn Profit Before Tax In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by ayosam4real: 11:32am On Mar 07, 2019
Ay04z:
Why woun't they gain dat much wen dey charge Abt 4,200 on sms alert fees on we dat run agent banking. Lol
How and why would they do that?
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by madgoat(m): 11:40am On Mar 07, 2019
Nigeriabiafra80:
While some yoruba sons are online shouting "Igbo leave our town" their fathers are offline selling more lands to igbo businessmen �.

If u suddenly fall down and have stroke, u wont know its because u cursed urself with your useless post.
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by Adamidi(m): 11:41am On Mar 07, 2019
My problem wth this bank is dat they are too selfish.
They fail to employ more workers and at the same time I refuse to make more branches
Always crowded and queing
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by Warship: 11:41am On Mar 07, 2019
MasterRahl:
cool
The GTBank internet banking platform is top-notch. They employ only university graduates. The last recruitment exercise that was done by the bank accepted only first class and second-class-upper graduates. When you want to stand out, recruit the best and pay them well.
The same principles are applied by Google, Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and other bluechip companies. They employ the best and pay them well.

If First Class and Second Class Upper are signs of true intellectual proficiency, Nigeria would have being a Technologically Advanced Country Today.

3 Likes

Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by Nasri100(m): 11:45am On Mar 07, 2019
Warship:

If First Class and Second Class Upper are signs of true intellectual proficiency, Nigeria would have being a Technologically Advanced Country Today.

Lol the guy post doesn’t even relate with the topic.

But you said what I wanted to say so case closed.
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by Warship: 11:46am On Mar 07, 2019
Acidosis:

Oga, before you insult, can you explain how customer deposit increased by 10.3% while loan book dipped by 12.9%?

What other form of tiff tiffu can be greater than an organization that takes from you (customer daada) but fails to increase loan in same measure?

Customers like you and I are the greatest losers in the banking business.

These banks will run to CBN at the slightest opportunity to get so called 'SME' loans at extremely low and interesting rates. The fair ones among them will disburse the loans to customers, especially those who are ready to present their fathers' heads as collateral, while the very indecent ones will reinvest loans on extremely low risk financial instruments like TBills at higher rates.

Why won't they declare massive profits?

God Bless You.

When I Saw, Loan Book Nosediving, I knew something is wrong.

It means, people are not borrowing from GTB as they use to do and it doesn't speak well for the economy and the bank.
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by DeLaRue: 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
Acidosis:

Oga, before you insult, can you explain how customer deposit increased by 10.3% while loan book dipped by 12.9%?

Nigerians banks have spent the last few years taking large impairment charges due to bad loans.

GTB probably decided to take a step back & be more cautious about lending so as to cut down on losses & increase profit.

Makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by mayze: 12:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
cr7lomo:
How....a bank that is ranked 576th globally declaring about 700million dollars PBT ... Nigerians are easily fooled...that's y education is messed up in this country.... How possible is that...
The same data u r using to type ignorantly like an illiterate,you can also use it to confirm online.I just checked for 2018 on worldwide banker''s database and gtbank''s PBT was $655m..so u think a bank will just come out and declare profit without CBN and top audit firms reconfirming..It really shows ur level of exposure.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by mayze: 12:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
Warship:

God Bless You.

It means, people are not borrowing from GTB as they use to do and it doesn't speak well for the economy and the bank.
People are not borrowing or the bank is not giving out loans.u don't know what they call bad loans?if u r giving out loans and People are not paying back,do u think a reasonable bank ll still continue so they can run @ loss?even if they hold on to collateral,do u know ow long it takes to sell a property,av u considered depreciation in the value of the collateral. .so they are so many factors
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by cr7lomo: 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
mayze:

The same data u r using to type ignorantly like an illiterate,you can also use it to confirm online.I just checked for 2018 on worldwide banker''s database and gtbank''s PBT was $655m..so u think a bank will just come out and declare profit without CBN and top audit firms reconfirming..It really shows ur level of exposure.

U are the ignorant illiterate cos u know nothing and u are easily fooled...u are ignorant of ur country and business environment
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by eyinjuege: 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
Warship:

God Bless You.

The problem is those who default on their loan payments. Many Nigerians don't believe in paying back what they owe. The bank is probably not giving out loans as they used to.
I love their service in GTB anyway..
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by Basilekeh: 3:26pm On Mar 07, 2019
Abeg..anyone that has link to apply for a job at GTB or a mail for CV submission should help me
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by mayze: 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
cr7lomo:

U are the ignorant illiterate cos u know nothing and u are easily fooled...u are ignorant of ur country and business environment
U v not made any point.u know nothing about the banking industry obviously ,so sit back and learn and stop giving gutter analysis.
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by Ugosample(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
Nigeriabiafra80:
While some yoruba sons are online shouting "Igbo leave our town" their fathers are offline selling more lands to igbo businessmen �.

so what is your point?
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by cr7lomo: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
mayze:

U v not made any point.u know nothing about the banking industry obviously ,so sit back and learn and stop giving gutter analysis.

Shut ur mouth...I hv been in the industry for over a decade now... zenith to b precise....I know what is going on in the industry
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by mayze: 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
cr7lomo:

Shut ur mouth...I hv been in the industry for over a decade now... zenith to b precise....I know what is going on in the industry
U don't know jack,u might be a staff and still be a novice in some aspects of banking.u should be ashamed of urself for thinking a bank will come out and declare a profit not in their books..u r exposing ur gullibility the more.so stay mute
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by cr7lomo: 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
mayze:

U don't know jack,u might be a staff and still be a novice in some aspects of banking.u should be ashamed of urself for thinking a bank will come out and declare a profit not in their books..u r exposing ur gullibility the more.so stay mute

U are the gullible fool here...I hv nothing to say to dumb ignorant mumus like u...abeg shift...u are not intellectually sound
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by mayze: 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
cr7lomo:

U are the gullible fool here...I hv nothing to say to dumb ignorant mumus like u...abeg shift...u are not intellectually sound
Was actually expecting that.atleast,you have learnt one or two lessons today.Mr I too know with empty head
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by cr7lomo: 7:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
mayze:

Was actually expecting that.atleast,you have learnt one or two lessons today.Mr I too know with empty head

No difference between u and those beggers wey de north wey no no difference between left and right... engaging u in an argument is same as engaging them...dumb skull
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by mayze: 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2019
cr7lomo:

No difference between u and those beggers wey de north wey no no difference between left and right... engaging u in an argument is same as engaging them...dumb skull
just agree,beat your chest and tell yourself,u r the dullest banker in history.Typing like an errand boy in the bank..
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by cr7lomo: 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
mayze:

just agree,beat your chest and tell yourself,u r the dullest banker in history.Typing like an errand boy in the bank..

Lmaoooooo...aboki wey no fit make school... enjoy ur dull life...
Re: Gtbank Profit Before Tax Hits N215.6bn In 2018 by mayze: 11:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
cr7lomo:

Lmaoooooo...aboki wey no fit make school... enjoy ur dull life...
Shows ur level of intelligence,why conclude I am an aboki?what part of my convo proves or shows I am an aboki.dummy.what r u now good @?u failed as a banker.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Instantgold.ng Please Pay Me My Money / Fairly Used Bakery Equipment For Sale / How To Set Up An Online Retail Store In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.