Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues (11614 Views)

Ogun Landlord Bathes 11-Year-Old With Hot Water / Ogun Landlord Dies After Tenant Grabbed Manhood Over Bill Disagreement / Police Arrest Ogun Landlord Who Tied Up 11-year-old Twins Like Goats (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by iGISTM0RE: 5:24am On Mar 08, 2019
GistMore.com

A landlord, Olushina Dairo, has lost the use of his eyes as a result of an alleged attack by a fellow landlord, Sulaimon Badmus, over unpaid security dues in the Araromi/Mupin community, Iyana Iyesi area of Ogun State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Olushina was part of the team that was mobilised to collect security dues from residents.

It was learnt that Badmus allegedly attacked Olushina by using a manual digger to hit him on the head while he was going from house to house to collect the dues.

The Chairman, Araromi Community Development Association, Fatai Hamidu, said Olushina was immediately rushed to the nearest hospital and was subsequently transferred to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.

Hamidu stated, “The issue stemmed from a communal crisis. The former chairman was impeached over alleged misappropriation of funds and this led to the division of the association into two factions. Olushina is with our faction, while the other man, who used the digger to hit him, is one of our executive members, but we did not know that he was working for the other faction.

“On the day of the incident, we were moving from house to house to collect security dues. We had not got to the front of Badmus’ house when we suddenly heard a loud cry and people shouting that someone had been killed.

“I saw that Olushina was already on the floor in a pool of his own blood. We rushed him to the nearest hospital and he was subsequently transferred to LASUTH, but he is not getting any better; he can’t see with his eyes. The first operation has been done and the doctors say another operation will be performed on him in six months.

Olushina’s wife, Deborah, who said she was not at home when the incident happened, alleged that the action of her husband’s attacker was deliberate.

The mother of three said, “I was not at home on the day of the incident. On my way back home, I heard people shouting for help. When I got home, I did not meet my children and by the time I got to where the incident took place, I saw my husband on the floor.

“I was told that someone on the street, known as ‘Onicandle’, hit my husband with a digger. They said the landlords were having a meeting and Badmus just brought out a digger to hit him and since then, we have been battling to save his life.

“We recently just moved to the area. Before we moved in, we learnt that the former chairman was impeached for alleged misappropriation of funds. We learnt that the community wanted to get electricity from a company and the former chairman was allegedly collecting money but did not do anything.

“The man who attacked my husband with the digger is one of the followers of the former chairman. The whole incident was a conspiracy and a deliberate act, because the former chairman and his gang had threatened to foment trouble so that they could have the seat back.”

The Ogun State indigene said the culprit failed to attend to the medical bills of her husband until the police came to visit Olushina at the hospital, adding that her husband needed all the help he could get to make him see again.

Deborah said, “When the incident happened, instead of the culprit and his cohorts to rally around and show concern for my husband, they hired a lawyer to bail the attacker after he was arrested by the police.

“An initial operation was carried out on my husband’s head costing N600,000. The police came to visit my husband at the hospital on the day the first operation was performed and when they saw the extent of the damage done, the case was transferred from the Ota Police Station to the state Police Command Headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta.

“My husband is to undergo another surgery in six months’ time. The community was able to support but my husband has not been able to use his eyes. He needs all the assistance he can get to make him see again.”

PUNCH Metro gathered that Badmus was charged to the Ota Magistrates’ Court and remanded in the Ibara Prison, Abeokuta, while the case was adjourned till April 5, 2019.

https://punchng.com/ogun-landlord-attacks-neighbour-blinds-him-over-security-dues/amp/

Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by iGISTM0RE: 5:24am On Mar 08, 2019
cool
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Nobody: 5:34am On Mar 08, 2019
Mmhmm
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Jessyjack(f): 7:27am On Mar 08, 2019
na wa o.....!!!! so this man will become a blind man just like that..... God please have mercy.
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Cruzzygraphics1: 11:59am On Mar 08, 2019
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 08, 2019
so much anger and transferred aggression in the land. It would be nice if channeled to the proper people
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by AutoSpaNg: 12:00pm On Mar 08, 2019
A foreign used Toyota Land Cruiser Prado is up for sale in Abuja.

Vehicle is in factory mint conditions.

view pictures and price here https:///wuse-ii/cars/toyota-land-cruiser-prado-2014-black-kfxVDwML0FBKE9zkNwjn4R93.html

The vehicle is in a pay and drive condition.
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Lovelyn451(f): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2019
God bless me to build my own house.....
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by ictjobber: 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
The landlord o try.. But all landlords in this forum know how obtuse some tenants can be.. That was how one told me to come and drag the money from his wallet when i asked him to pay his security levy
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
Wicked Fellow.
Transfer him to Kuje Prison. 15 years jail term.
When he is out, he will be good.
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2019
OGUN
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Greatkhalid: 12:05pm On Mar 08, 2019
Na wa ooo check out https://discuss.naija.run
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by mechanics(m): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2019
The man is wicked.
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by jrusky(m): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
It's Ogun who first broke the bad news record for today the 8th of March 2019 and before day break it's partner in bad news Anambra must follow.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Predator1: 12:17pm On Mar 08, 2019
Hope he gets well soon
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Herdsmen: 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2019
Sai baba...

Nigerians don dey gradually turn beast..

Abeg make una know how una go take dey provoke people..

Humanity is loosing it...in naija..

Na levy carry this man like this..
Nepa bill ..all things things..just pay n go..don't argue with anyone..

Joy is gone..
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Chipink(f): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
I don't understand the topic of this story
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by dreamwords: 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2019
Afonja and bad news is like an amala and ewedu grin

Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
Afonjas, This would have been avoided had he sold those properties to an Igbo man. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by vioment: 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
Nigeria and crme sha, dem be like two mirror wey dey face each other.

Well sha, i nor dey expect any good news from hell.
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
Herdsmen:
Sai baba...

Nigerians don dey gradually turn beast..

Abeg make una know how una go take dey provoke people..

Humanity is loosing it...in naija..

Na levy carry this man like this..
Nepa bill ..all things things..just pay n go..don't argue with anyone..

Joy is gone..

What did you expect when a Fulani herdsman and bigot like Buhari is leading this country?
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by LZAA: 12:37pm On Mar 08, 2019
iGISTM0RE:
GistMore.com

A landlord, Olushina Dairo, has lost the use of his eyes as a result of an alleged attack by a fellow landlord, Sulaimon Badmus, over unpaid security dues in the Araromi/Mupin community, Iyana Iyesi area of Ogun State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Olushina was part of the team that was mobilised to collect security dues from residents.

It was learnt that Badmus allegedly attacked Olushina by using a manual digger to hit him on the head while he was going from house to house to collect the dues.

The Chairman, Araromi Community Development Association, Fatai Hamidu, said Olushina was immediately rushed to the nearest hospital and was subsequently transferred to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.

Hamidu stated, “The issue stemmed from a communal crisis. The former chairman was impeached over alleged misappropriation of funds and this led to the division of the association into two factions. Olushina is with our faction, while the other man, who used the digger to hit him, is one of our executive members, but we did not know that he was working for the other faction.

“On the day of the incident, we were moving from house to house to collect security dues. We had not got to the front of Badmus’ house when we suddenly heard a loud cry and people shouting that someone had been killed.

“I saw that Olushina was already on the floor in a pool of his own blood. We rushed him to the nearest hospital and he was subsequently transferred to LASUTH, but he is not getting any better; he can’t see with his eyes. The first operation has been done and the doctors say another operation will be performed on him in six months.

Olushina’s wife, Deborah, who said she was not at home when the incident happened, alleged that the action of her husband’s attacker was deliberate.

The mother of three said, “I was not at home on the day of the incident. On my way back home, I heard people shouting for help. When I got home, I did not meet my children and by the time I got to where the incident took place, I saw my husband on the floor.

“I was told that someone on the street, known as ‘Onicandle’, hit my husband with a digger. They said the landlords were having a meeting and Badmus just brought out a digger to hit him and since then, we have been battling to save his life.

“We recently just moved to the area. Before we moved in, we learnt that the former chairman was impeached for alleged misappropriation of funds. We learnt that the community wanted to get electricity from a company and the former chairman was allegedly collecting money but did not do anything.

“The man who attacked my husband with the digger is one of the followers of the former chairman. The whole incident was a conspiracy and a deliberate act, because the former chairman and his gang had threatened to foment trouble so that they could have the seat back.”

The Ogun State indigene said the culprit failed to attend to the medical bills of her husband until the police came to visit Olushina at the hospital, adding that her husband needed all the help he could get to make him see again.

Deborah said, “When the incident happened, instead of the culprit and his cohorts to rally around and show concern for my husband, they hired a lawyer to bail the attacker after he was arrested by the police.

“An initial operation was carried out on my husband’s head costing N600,000. The police came to visit my husband at the hospital on the day the first operation was performed and when they saw the extent of the damage done, the case was transferred from the Ota Police Station to the state Police Command Headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta.

“My husband is to undergo another surgery in six months’ time. The community was able to support but my husband has not been able to use his eyes. He needs all the assistance he can get to make him see again.”

PUNCH Metro gathered that Badmus was charged to the Ota Magistrates’ Court and remanded in the Ibara Prison, Abeokuta, while the case was adjourned till April 5, 2019.

https://punchng.com/ogun-landlord-attacks-neighbour-blinds-him-over-security-dues/amp/
Say no more grin
Cc immhotep sarrki velocity25 olawalesmarter1
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by SheikhMuniru(m): 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
Ogun Sai Baba

Enjoy Your Next Level Things In Ogun State
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by alphaNomega: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2019
ictjobber:
The landlord o try.. But all landlords in this forum know how obtuse some tenants can be.. That was how one told me to come and drag the money from his wallet when i asked him to pay his security levy

What's the solution for this your type of case?
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by ictjobber: 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2019
alphaNomega:

What's the solution for this your type of case?
Do nothing...
Re: Ogun Landlord Attacks Neighbour, Blinds Him Over Security Dues by Cantonese: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2019
iGISTM0RE:
GistMore.com

If your landlord is a bricklayer, welder, plumber, mechanic, bus driver, omo ta, etc, sorry for you. Anything you see take am. They are the ones who buy portion to build 1, 2, 3 rooms and their tenants and so called fellow landlords can never have peace.

(1) (Reply)

Man Strangled To Death Over Motorcycle Ownership In Ekiti / Video Of UNIPORT Students Killed Surfaces Online / Man Declared Missing After Visiting Grandmum In Kano State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.