Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire (11877 Views)

INEC Final List: North-West, South-West Top 93 Million Voter Register / Mahmood Yakubu: INEC Deleting Double Registrants From Voter Register / INEC Adopts Card Readers, Rules Out Electronic Results Transmission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Getdowntobiznes: 12:27am On Mar 09, 2019
Every state should solve their problems tomorow and don't allow politicians use them. your call!
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 09, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Replaced with fake ones sad
...already inputted with fake results. That was the aim for the arson at their office. They think Nigerians are fools, well maybe they are. undecided

3 Likes

Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by nelcliff(m): 12:34am On Mar 09, 2019
donbachi:
If they like,let them bring the ones made in america with help from russia...PDP will still win.

My brother tell them the truth.

Akpabio and Nsima desperation formula 1 just got exhausted. a boost for PDP strong hood which their plan was to make them cancel an election in those area
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by fikiman7000(m): 12:50am On Mar 09, 2019
jumper524:
Some shocker tomorrow.
APC to lose kano PDP to lose delta..
kano own don sure wella..
I'm a fan of the PDP but bro PDP cannot win kano and they won't lose delta.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by CHZ777: 1:07am On Mar 09, 2019
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Onyi22(f): 1:10am On Mar 09, 2019
Amac2019:
Tomorrow is here already.. Vote princess Anazodo for Abuja municipal Area Council Chairman (PDP)
She no go win...

1 Like

Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Andyblaze: 1:32am On Mar 09, 2019
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by wink2015(m): 1:41am On Mar 09, 2019
singa4real:
The Independent National Electoral Commission lNEC has promised to go ahead with Saturday’s Governorship and State Assembly Elections in Akwa Ibom state, saying it has replaced the 198 smart card readers, voter register and other items destroyed in its lbesikpo Asutan Local Government Area office in the State.

This was contained in a statement issued Friday night in Abuja and signed by its National Commissioner and Chairman of its Information and Voted Education Committee, Festus Okoye.

The inferno which occurred in the early hours of Friday did not however affect ballot papers. Part of the INEC statement reads; “While we do not at this point know the cause of the fire, a report has been made to the law enforcement agencies and the Fire Service. We are liaising closely with both agencies to investigate and ascertain the cause of the fire and if found to be a deliberate act, we will ensure diligent and vigorous prosecution of those responsible. “Several sensitive and non-sensitive materials for tomorrow’s‘s Governorship and State House of Assembly elections were destroyed including 198 Smart Card Readers, the printed Register of Voters, 13 Generators as well as several Voting Cubicles and office equipment. “Fortunately, the ballot papers and result sheets for the elections were not affected and are intact. Acting timeously, the Commission has been able to replace and reconfigure all the destroyed Smart Card Readers and reprinted the Register of Voters. With the replacement and the salvage of other items, we are pleased to announce that the election will proceed as scheduled. All registered voters in the Local Government Area are therefore requested to turn up to cast their votes between 8am and 2pm tomorrow”. The Commission said it has also been informed of the death of Hon. Adamu Kwanate, who until his death was the member representing Nassarawo Binyeri State Constituency (Mayo Belwa LGA) in the Adamawa State House of Assembly. He was also the candidate of the All Progressives Congress APC in the same Constituency in the election scheduled for Saturday 9th March. “Consequently, INEC is compelled to countermand the Nassarawo Binyeri State Constituency election for tomorrow and the same has been rescheduled to Saturday 23rd March. 2019 in line with Section 36(1) of the Electoral Act (2010) as amended. The Governorship election in the constituency and all other state constituencies elections will however proceed as scheduled tomorrow (Saturday)”.

Source : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/inec-replaces-198-card-readers-voter-register-destroyed-in-akwa-ibom-fire/

NORTHERN NIGERIA POLITICAL LEADERSHIP WOULD NOT MIND AFTER ALL IT IS NIGER DELTA REGION CRUDE OIL MONEY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS WASTING TO REPLACE ALL THE CARD READER THAT WERE DESTROYED DURING THE FIRE INCIDENT.

THE NORTH HAS NOTHING TO LOOSE AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT CONTRIBUTING MONEY TO RUN THE NIGERIA POLITICAL PROJECT.

1 Like

Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by yuanexchanger: 2:21am On Mar 09, 2019
nice one inec
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Fortuneadeniyi: 2:26am On Mar 09, 2019
Check out Dis logo
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Fortuneadeniyi: 2:37am On Mar 09, 2019
Weldone inec
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Banmeallday: 3:30am On Mar 09, 2019
Nigger Area at its finest. Election is problem, governing problem, development na problem....and it’s all by design, courtesy of Luggard dem that put us together not for nation building but as a colony corporation meant for siphoning of resources to better people sef.....

2 Likes

Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Fadomero(m): 3:49am On Mar 09, 2019
all na wash
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 09, 2019
Are they sure? That was how they deceived people on Anambra case. Only to postpone the election later

1 Like

Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Sojicool(m): 4:41am On Mar 09, 2019
To all PO, VP, APOs , please don't go to any polling unit u till they paid all promise bonus.
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by phesthus(m): 5:01am On Mar 09, 2019
Hire a Freelance Cartoons, Animations and Caricature Designer, Exclusively on Fiverr.

Contact Phesthus, a professional and seasoned graphics designer with a vast repertoire of knowledge, experience and skills from the link below

https://www.fiverr.com/s2/20304233b4?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs_Mobile
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by eyeview: 7:43am On Mar 09, 2019
The INEC office was destroyed by those apc thugs from Edo state arrested by the police after they were released on the orders of the IGP
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Ishilove: 8:03am On Mar 09, 2019
MajorJeffery:
...already inputted with fake results. That was the aim for the arson at their office. They think Nigerians are fools, well maybe they are. undecided
There's something fundamentally wrong with Nigeria. I just can't place my finger on it, but something is very terribly wrong with this country. It's as if it's spiritual

1 Like

Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by jumper524(m): 8:44am On Mar 09, 2019
fikiman7000:

I didn't say PDP would win nano and vice versa.
but I just hope the ruling party loss their seats in those states especially delta.
the govt there is nothing to write home about..
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Amac2019: 9:10am On Mar 09, 2019
thatigboman:
yes. Voting Princess.
Remain Blessed
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by jumper524(m): 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2019
fikiman7000:

Hope you still stand by your words..
I'm a pro APC but I'm very much against wrong governors and Ganduje is a good example.
Delta should learn from kano
Re: INEC Replaces 198 Card Readers, Voter Register Destroyed In Akwa Ibom Fire by Etebrusco: 4:44am On Jul 13, 2019
My script is currently on air now and one of our own Ubong Inyang is the producer/ director. He cast the part carefully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4fdVPJ_H10 please follow the link and enjoy this special comedy video and tell me what you think about this video. Most importantly, encourage a brother by subscribing to our YouTube channel as a token of your love to us please. God bless you as you subscribe. Thanks

Marriage Secret 1
youtube.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bakare: I Dumped Save Nigeria Group (SNG) After It Was Hijacked By Presidency / EFCC Arrest: Saraki Being Harassed Over 2023 Presidential Ambition – Yakasai / Uzodinma To Nigerians: Reduce Your Lamentations, Tinubu Is Just Less Than 70 Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.