Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Over 500 Aspirants Going For 30 Seats In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 500 Aspirants Going For 30 Seats In Anambra (188 Views)

Nigeria Auto Maker NORD Unveils19/30 Seats CNG Buses / PDP Wins More Seats In Kaduna State Assembly / APC Wins 2 Senatorial Seats, 6 House Of Reps Seats In Osun, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Over 500 Aspirants Going For 30 Seats In Anambra by Excelnews: 1:47am On Mar 09, 2019
NO fewer than 518 candidates would contest for the 30 seats in Anambra State House of Assembly in today’s election in the state.

Statistics from the state’s Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) revealed that Awka North and Awka South State constituencies, have the largest number of contestants which are 23 and 22 respectively. Also, Ayamelum, Onitsha North II and Anaocha II are constituencies with the least number of candidates in the exercise with 13 candidates each.

Similarly, while 19 candidates are contesting for the position in Aguata II, Anambra East and Awka South II constituencies, Aguata I, Oyi, Anambra West, Idemili North, and Ihiala I state constituencies have 18 candidates each. 17 candidates each would be vying for the position for Onitsha South I , Orumba South, Anaocha I, Idemili South, Njikoka I, Nnewi North, and Onitsha South II state constituencies.

INEC head of Voter Education and Publicity in the state, Mr. Leo Nkedife assured news men yesterday of the readiness of the commission to conduct free, fair and credible election.

Read more :http://www.excelnews.com.ng/2019/03/over-500-aspirants-going-for-30-seat-in.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Militarisation Caused Low-voter Turnout In Akwa Ibom, Say Local Observers / Four Rescued From Another Lagos Building Collapse / TUC Congratulates Ayade On His Overwhelming Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.