Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Honda's Not So Superb After All!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda's Not So Superb After All!! (3506 Views)

Is Honda Not A Good Car In Nigeria? / This Superb Car Showroom With Bentleys,Lambos & Ferraris Is Owned By De Jong / All New 2018 Audi A6 Unveiled And It's Superb (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 6:35am On Mar 09, 2019
YET SOME JOKERS HERE CRITICIZE GERMAN MARQUEES grin grin

[b]We purchased this car under the impression Honda is a good car. Never again! Even the company was horribly rude, worse than non-helpful- accusatory, and defended their illegal actions of their dealerships. Our civic has since 20k had steering problems, shifting problems, battery problems, engine issues and other parts having to be replaced by notice of recall or failed. However the dealership which did the repairs failed to properly document and repair saying the noises, shaking, and hard shifting are normal. The problems have constantly gotten worse and now that the car is over warranty Honda insulted us plus refusing to repair the car! Go get a Hyundai or other car with a 100k warranty.

Never again, Honda. Never again.
bdshell, 11/04/2014
LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
7 of 8 people found this review helpful
I will never own another Honda. I own a 2007 with 77k miles. 1 owner, all routine maintenance done. The engine failed. Coolant leaked into the engine, the head is completely warped. This relates to a known issue but the dealership claimed the block wasn't fully cracked so they won't cover a cent of the replacement. Needing a new engine at 77k miles? That is unacceptable. I am completely appalled with the treatment I have received and will never own another Honda.

Do not buy this car
Maggie, 09/26/2015
Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
3 of 5 people found this review helpful
This is not a hybrid, do not pay the extra money! I previously owned a 2002 Prius but when it was up for renewal and had over 120k miles I thought it was a good time to trade it in. Thinking that Honda was a solid company I felt confident about buying the 2007 Civic Hybrid. It was the worst decision! Advertised mpg of 40+ I only get <27mpg - I could have spent thousands less for a regular Sudan with better gas mileage. The acceleration is also DANGEROUS with the IMA motor sometimes it will accelerate and then others it will barely move almost causing multiple accidents. Do not waste your money!!!

Do not buy a Civic / Major quality problems
Doug Hilbert, 09/29/2015
Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
4 of 9 people found this review helpful
Bought new, maintained 100% on time at a Honda dealership. MAJOR transmission problems, major paint problems, total engine failure without warning at 131,000 miles. DO NOT buy this car, at any price.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 6:36am On Mar 09, 2019
the worst car I have ever owned, I went thru soo many tires , I could've paid for another car with the amount of money I spent on new tires, then because of a sensor problem the engine overheated and I had to buy another motor, of course because I used the car as a daily commuter car , my warranty was out within the 1st year of driving it, it rated at 40 mpg, I may have averaged 30 mpg at the most, the car vibrated badly, Honda motor company could care less about any of my problems,

1 Like

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 6:38am On Mar 09, 2019
Never again, Honda. Never again.
bdshell, 11/04/2014
LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
7 of 8 people found this review helpful
I will never own another Honda. I own a 2007 with 77k miles. 1 owner, all routine maintenance done. The engine failed. Coolant leaked into the engine, the head is completely warped. This relates to a known issue but the dealership claimed the block wasn't fully cracked so they won't cover a cent of the replacement. Needing a new engine at 77k miles? That is unacceptable. I am completely appalled with the treatment I have received and will never own another Honda.
Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 6:40am On Mar 09, 2019
Do not buy this car
Maggie, 09/26/2015
Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
3 of 5 people found this review helpful
This is not a hybrid, do not pay the extra money! I previously owned a 2002 Prius but when it was up for renewal and had over 120k miles I thought it was a good time to trade it in. Thinking that Honda was a solid company I felt confident about buying the 2007 Civic Hybrid. It was the worst decision! Advertised mpg of 40+ I only get <27mpg - I could have spent thousands less for a regular Sedan with better gas mileage. The acceleration is also DANGEROUS with the IMA motor sometimes it will accelerate and then others it will barely move almost causing multiple accidents. Do not waste your money!!!
Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 6:43am On Mar 09, 2019
Avoid 2007
BV, 10/01/2015
EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
14 of 14 people found this review helpful
Tire wear is terrible because of a defective Rear Upper Control Arm. Honda did not do a recall but there was a class action suit forcing Honda to replace the defective parts and reimburse customers for premature tire wear. Unfortunately for me, I did not find out until after the expiration of the settlement which was January 16, 2014. That is after I spent more than $2,000 for new tires, struts, shocks, alignments, etc., trying to fix the problem. 2006 through 2009 models have extended warranties related to another serious issue where coolant leaks and can cause engine block damage and complete engine failure. The seats are wearing out much faster than any car I have ever owned and I am average size and the car only has 80,000 miles on it.

Horrible car, Horrible deal.
Apollo Kabukuru, 01/30/2016
DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
15 of 18 people found this review helpful
Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

My 2007 had the engine crack issue. Dealer and Honda wont replace it. They want to charge me $4200 dollars. If you are thinking about it, please don't do it. Don't buy any Civic from 2006 to 2009. Update: these cars still suck. That $4200 dollars won't fix it. It'll just make it driveable so you can sell it to the next shmuck:-/
Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 6:45am On Mar 09, 2019
grin
Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by hisgrace090: 7:23am On Mar 09, 2019
Honda cars are horridly build without enough attention given for it sustainability and reliability like Toyota.

3 Likes

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by Hustlersdiary: 7:31am On Mar 09, 2019
hisgrace090:
Honda cars are horridly build without enough attention given for it sustainability and reliability like Toyota.

SUPERSTORY.
Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by hisgrace090: 7:33am On Mar 09, 2019
Hustlersdiary:

SUPERSTORY.

SUPER INDEED!!
Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 7:47am On Mar 09, 2019
honda should be barred from making cars!!

hisgrace090:

1 Like

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by kingreign(m): 10:44am On Mar 09, 2019
hisgrace090:

Bros, no vex, na pant you wear for head wey make you talk this kind talk?
Honda builds better cars than Toyota US specs cars. Fact!
Honda's engines are built better handle Toyota's. Fact!
Honda's have better interiors than Toyota's. Fact!
Honda's have better sleeker designs than Toyota's. Fact!
Honda's handles better than the average Toyota's. Fact!
Honda are cheaper to run and maintain than Toyota. Fact!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2019
kingreign:

Bros, no vex, na pant you wear for head wey make you talk this kind talk?
Honda builds better cars than Toyota US specs cars. Fact!
Honda's engines are built better handle Toyota's. Fact!
Honda's have better interiors than Toyota's. Fact!
Honda's have better sleeker designs than Toyota's. Fact!
Honda's handles better than the average Toyota's. Fact!
Honda are cheaper to run and maintain than Toyota. Fact!

9 Likes

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by mejai(m): 11:18am On Mar 09, 2019
[quote author=weyreypey post=76486319][/quote] na okpa dis dog dey eat grin

4 Likes

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by kingreign(m): 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2019
mejai:

na okpa dis dog dey eat grin
Na Carrot grin

Na lemur be that bro

3 Likes

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by sultaan(m): 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
On average they are good.in the hand of someone technically sound it will last a long time
Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by thebigkendo(m): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
mejai:

na okpa dis dog dey eat grin

Now this is funny grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2019
Dear Poster,

You lied. Best car ever owned with my Accord 2006.

Check my moniker, i have used 2001 Camry, upgraded to a 2005 Corolla, then Accord 2006 now this 2009 Civic.

Honda is far better than Toyota. I have used both and will say it. Engine is turgid, speed, interior, handling and comfort.

Maybe you bought a cheap flooded car and you are here to demarket an amazing product.

Attached is my baby. Ever ready to go anywhere with so much speed and attractiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oga you have NEVER owned a Mercedes Benz, BMW or Audi before how dare you talk about interior, comfort, handling and engine turgidity?
What kinda blasphemy is this?

latestmodel:
Dear Poster,

You lied. Best car ever owned with my Accord 2006.

Check my moniker, i have used 2001 Camry, upgraded to a 2005 Corolla, then Accord 2006 now this 2009 Civic.

Honda is far better than Toyota. I have used both and will say it. Engine is turgid, speed, interior, handling and comfort.

Maybe you bought a cheap flooded car and you are here to demarket an amazing product.

Attached is my baby. Ever ready to go anywhere with so much speed and attractiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by kingreign(m): 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
weyreypey:
Oga you have NEVER owned a Mercedes Benz, BMW or Audi before how dare you talk about interior, comfort, handling and engine turgidity?
What kinda blasphemy is this?

Those BMW and Audi's that can send someone on errand to his village?

Bro, no wish person evil wish abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by ricki: 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
kingreign:

True tok
Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
kingreign:

No one should be talking about comfort, luxury, turgidity absent those three german makes....not even the poor man's mercede owners (aka Lexus) have a say

1 Like

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by diportivo: 5:11pm On Mar 09, 2019
here we go again

1 Like

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2019
diportivo:
here we go again

diportivo:

overhyped japs undecided

YOUR OWN WORDS MBOK!!

2 Likes

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by RZArecta(m): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2019
Let me park my Bentayga here cool

1 Like

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
weyreypey no elections in ekiti? Oya make we monitor the kano results together..

1 Like

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by CocoaOla: 9:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
Nobody can satisfy human but men Honda has gone far haters

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2019
do not make matters worse, still praying to 4give you

GAZZUZZ:
weyreypey no elections in ekiti? Oya make we monitor the kano results together..

1 Like

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by CocoaOla: 9:14pm On Mar 09, 2019
Honda is using technologies to Help people in many ways

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 9:14pm On Mar 09, 2019
CocoaOla:
Nobody can satisfy human but men Honda has gone far haters

yawns #boring

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by CocoaOla: 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2019
Honda is everything

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by CocoaOla: 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
And everything is Honda

Re: Honda's Not So Superb After All!! by weyreypey: 10:23pm On Mar 09, 2019
sad NO FOCUS...ORDINARY BALL-JOINT NO SOLUTION...HONDA IS NOTHING WHEN IT COMES TO CARS.... MAYBE EMILIANO SALA FLEW INNA HONDA JET...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Car Will You Advice Me To Buy For 300-400k / Free Vehicle Scan For Car/s & Suvs Owners In Lagos State / Hausas And The Honda Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.