Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) (17273 Views)

Police Intercepts Car Loaded With Thumb Printed Ballot Papers In Kano / Woman Snatches Ballot Papers In Nasarawa, Arrested By Soldiers / Female Corper Caught In The Bush Destroying Ballot Papers In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by dre11(m): 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2019
I'll defeat my opponents, Ganduje boasts

Desmond Mgboh, Kano

The Police in Kano have arrested a vehicle loaded with ballot papers in the state capital.

The ballot papers were loaded in a Sienna car and was arrested by officers at Magwan Primary School in Nassarawa Local Government Area of the state.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abdullahi confirmed that the suspects had been moved to Bompai headquarters of the command for questioning.

“We just received reports from the DPO Nassarawa over the incident. They have been moved to Bompai. I cannot give you further details for now,” he said, while assuring that as soon as they were back from inspection, he would get the full details of the seizure of irregular ballot papers.

Meanwhile, Kano State Governor, Dr Abdullahi, Umar Ganduje, has expressed optimism that he would emerge triumphant over his opponents at the end of today’s governorship polls.

Speaking to reporters after casting his votes at Ganduje ward in Dawakin Tofa Local Government Area of the state; he also predicted that he would record more votes than President Muhammadu Buhari did in the state last week.

The governor was impressed by reports of impressive turnout of voters for the polls from across the state, describing the development as impressive and excellent.

According to him, the voters came out very early in the day to cast their votes in different polling units in the state, adding that officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) were at their duty post in good time.

The governor also applauded INEC for ensuring prompt delivery of both sensitive and non-sensitive materials in the state even as he commended the security agencies for ensuring a peaceful atmosphere for the exercise

Dr. Ganduje tasked the people of the state to come en mass and vote for the candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the 40 Assembly seats in the state.

Checks by our correspondent across several polling units indicated that there was moderate turnout of voters for the elections in the state.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/police-arrest-vehicle-laden-with-ballot-papers-in-kano/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by TRADEFAIRng(m): 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
This menace will not stop until electronic voting is implemented in Nigeria. Terrible things this election period.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by ijustdey: 4:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
Cars carrying ballot papers impounded in Kano State

Two cars conveying ballot papers have been impounded at Magwan Primary School, Nassarawa Local Government Area of Kano State.

According to an eyewitness identified as Shazal, the cars were impounded and taken to the Kano State police headquarters in Bompai.

Speaking with PREMIUM TIMES in a phone interview, Mr Shazal said, “Two cars drove to the back of the polling unit with ballot papers in their booths and two corp members entered the car. When people noticed their movements, they asked who they were, and the people claimed to be INEC officials.

“But the people did not believe them, and other people’s attention was called. After seeing the ballot papers, the police arrested the cars and towed them to the Kano state police headquarters in Bompai,” he said.

Today, Nigerians vote in their sixth general governorship and state assemblies elections since the country’s return to democracy in 1999.

Voters in 29 states would elect governors while new state assemblies will be elected in the 36 states.

There are no governorship elections in Edo, Ondo, Ekiti, Bayelsa, Kogi, Anambra and Osun because the tenures of their governors are yet to expire.

However, the governorship polls in Kano could determine the political careers of a former governor of the state, Rabiu Kwankwaso, and the incumbent governor, Abdullahi Ganduje.

Although there are 54 governorship candidates in Kano, the contest is really between Mr Ganduje of the All Progressive Congress (APC) and Mr Kwankwaso’s anointed candidate, Abba Yusuf, contesting under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The PDP lost the presidential and all senatorial seats in Kano during the February 23 elections. So, the opposition party must give all it has to today’s election.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/318817-cars-carrying-ballot-papers-impounded-in-kano-state.html

Cc lalasticlala

Desperation of politicians is very frightening
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by arcahmad(m): 4:41pm On Mar 09, 2019
nice move by nigeria police
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by philips007(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ok
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by johnnyloroun: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
Can u imagine ,
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by eben1marketer: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
sad
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by qualityovenbake(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
2019 General election is the most rigged election in the history of Nigeria. it's a fact.

11 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by Arysexy(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
This is how Buhari won in Kano. Riggers

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
Kano sai Abba

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by Factfinder1(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
Gandalor work apc

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by princemillla(m): 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2019
Lol their millions busted
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by olayincar(m): 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
Maybe this is how they won last two weeks election

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by bumzylongs: 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2019
APC/Gandollar too lyk ojoro....y is it kano all d time

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by 2blessed01(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2019
...Issa Normal Sturvs!
Gandolar Making Gud Use Of His Dollar!...Na So Them Take Rig Am For Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by Pabloosas(m): 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
cheesy
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by korel9: 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2019
Kano be damned if Gandollars wins this election. As it stands, the PDP candidate is leading in most local government areas contacted and people are already celebrating in some areas.
The police at some point had to come and disperse the crowd celebrating on the streets.

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by IvarTheBoneless: 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2019
I would like our brethren with red headwarmer to come to Kwankwaso's aid
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by Cantonese: 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2019
TRADEFAIRng:
This menace will not stop until electronic voting is implemented in Nigeria. Terrible things this election period.

Even with electronic voting the story will remain the same. The politicians will find ways around it. The truth is that we are not mature enough for these processes. For me option A4 adopted in 1993 remains the best. Face to face as I call it or see me I see you. It is fool proof and tamper proof. It will eliminate irregularities. The politicians know it but they will never accept because they always want to cheat.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by bayocanny: 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2019
WTF! This country is far from democracy, the form of government we have at best is a form of government that is called "Buharitocracy"
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by ngmart(m): 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2019
Good thing
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by statumama: 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by jordyspices: 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
Na wah
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by deebee13(f): 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2019
korel9:
Chai

Is that all you'll say?
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2019
What a country!
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by korel9: 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2019
deebee13:

Is that all you'll say?

Wow! If that's you in the picture, for you I'll say everything. Expect live updates on same post.
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by erico2k2(m): 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
I was hoping to see ballot papers, all I saw was few boxes
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by DedeNkem: 7:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
The North is also rigging!
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by chiedu7: 7:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
Heard PDP is leading in Kano & Kaduna

DedeNkem:
The North is also rigging!

The North has always rigged.

They say they are more than us and yet need child voters
Re: Police Arrest Vehicle Laden With Ballot Papers In Kano ( Pic) by TRADEFAIRng(m): 1:17am On Mar 11, 2019
The option A4 served us in 1993 (for those of us born before then #smiles ) , but the truth is that the world has moved on. Adopting it again is tantamount to two steps backward and in the wrong direction. Not to mention the attendant risk and enmity it would occasion in the society. Verily i say to You, this is electronic age. Every facet of our society is going digital. All it would take is the technological know-how which i am sure we have in abundance in our country.

Cantonese:

Even with electronic voting the story will remain the same. The politicians will find ways around it. The truth is that we are not mature enough for these processes. For me option A4 adopted in 1993 remains the best. Face to face as I call it or see me I see you. It is fool proof and tamper proof. It will eliminate irregularities. The politicians know it but they will never accept because they always want to cheat.

(1) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: I Will Perform Better In Second Term If Given / Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List / Nigerian Among Al-Qaeda Fighters' Arrested In Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.