Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Lagos State Governorship Race - Your Stake And Winner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Governorship Race - Your Stake And Winner (340 Views)

Peter Obi Endorses Olumide Akpata For Edo Governorship Race / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race / Dele Momodu Reacts As Jide Sanwoolu Joins Governorship Race In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Governorship Race - Your Stake And Winner by collybright58(m): 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2019
I cast my vote today around 12noon and I had to walk some distance before I get to my pulling unit and this is my observations.

On my way to the pulling unit I observed that all the pulling units I saw two weeks ago with many electorates willing to exercise their voting rights are now almost empty. My pulling unit is not in any way different as I spent less than ten minutes there campared to two weeks ago that I waited for like 2 hours before I was able to vote which means the turn out for the gubernatorial election is very low. I cast my vote and on my way home, in one of the pulling units INEC ad-hoc staff are cancelling the ballots papers already.

On my way home I heard two guys discussion that some people didn't come out to vote because of the results of presidential election two weeks ago. When I heard that I remember I made a comment in one of threads on this platform that with or without Igbo, APC will win Saturday governorship election...... and my reasons are as follows.

Looking at the two candidates of two prominent parties you will want to say Jimi Agbaje is the best for the job but my concerns for him is that Jimi Agbaje is not really willing to stand as major opposition in Lagos politics even if his party is either here nor there, this is what I mean Jimi Agbaje contested for the same position four years ago and after that election I have not heard Jimi Agbaje coming out to provide policy alternative to governor Ambode's policies or by providing solutions to any challenges faced by lagosians, by doing this Agbaje would have registered himself in the minds of many people so that in the election period or even APC would have also think deeply before replacing Ambode with Babajide Sanwolu, another thing that I know Agbaje is banking on is the supporters who just don't want APC, not because Ambode is not working but because they tag one man whatever name and unfortunately for majority of them were disappointed by the presidential election results and didn't come out again to vote for their preferred candidate this time.

About Babajide Sanwolu the APC gubernatorial candidate, I think his party has put him out well than any other candidates in the race, on his own part he has been going from one location to another to make sure he identifies himself with Lagos people and some time he says what he is going to do when he becomes the governor of Lagos State.

I can say it categorically that APC will win Logos gubernatorial race and it is going to be victory for all.

Lastly from the presidential election and what happened today, despite the fact that Lagos has over 5mm registered voters and substantial increase in all other states. It is the same voting population that voted in 2015 that are still voting now. INEC should start preparing for next election from now with full ELECTRONIC VOTING PROCESS in mind.

Lagos is moving forward!!

God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Guber Election: PDP Floors APC, Returns Iguanyi On A Landslide / . / PDP lawmaker commends Tambuwal for dragging INEC to court over inconclusive elec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.