Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu (1946 Views)

2023: I Will Beat Peter Obi, Though He is My Tenant In Lagos - Tinubu In Abia / Peter Obi Who Is Contesting Against Me Lives In Lagos - Tinubu (pic/vid / The Jagaban Of Lagos, Tinubu, Dances Inside His Mansion. See Reactions (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2019
Political leader of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has revealed that his political leadership cannot stop Igbos and other Nigerians from settling in Lagos, because they are not a threat.

Speaking after casting his vote in the Lagos Governorship elections, Tinubu sought to douse recent tensions in the state which he controls.

“We will continue to welcome everybody to Lagos State. We cannot stop people from coming to the state. If Lagos is not good enough, they won’t come.

He continued, “If the state is plagued with disease or insecurity or unemployment, people won’t come.

He concluded, “Those leaving their states to come to Lagos are welcome, they are not a threat.”

Source: http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2019/03/09/why-we-cannot-stop-igbos-others-from-settling-in-lagos-tinubu/
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by doffman: 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
True talk.

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by successmatters(m): 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
The jagaban has spoken, people from insecure states like oyo, kogi and hunger infested lands like oshun and ekiti are welcome to join us in Lagos grin

3 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by oyebanji44: 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
ofcourse..the yorubas are very accommodating to foreign visitors.especially the ibos and hausas.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2019
And Tinubu is from Ondo State o

See his Jamb form below

Chei , The indigine of Lagos don suffer for tinubu family hand cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 09, 2019
Lalasticlala see front-page content. Igbos will remain in Lagos, on Nairaland and efri wia. It is their right. #No"Deportation"InOurCountry #No"Deportation"FromNairaland grin
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by successmatters(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
Why are people from ondo, ogun and obomosho always claiming Lagos more than the real lagos born and brought up?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by helinues: 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ok
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by zik4ever: 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2019
I am compelled to intervene in the needless exchanges between some Igbo and Yoruba commentators online. I am not from either of the tribes but I have friends from both and my younger sister is married to a Yoruba man while my younger brother is married to an Igbo lady. Both marriages are wonderful. There are other people who have inter-married across both tribes and I am sure there are people like me who have friends from both tribes. A few ethnic jingoists are just bent on inciting ancient hatred. I hope we don't pass this poison to the next generation. May the love and grace of God bring forgiveness, healing, understanding and unity among us. Every little issue is reduced to Igbo vs Yoruba and vice versa. We need to move on and unite against social injustice, criminality, poverty, unemployment, bad governance and the antics of politicians who exploit our differences to feather their nest. We are unique and different but we don't have to be divisive and disagreeable. Sometimes it is so childish. At other times, these sentiments are whipped up out of sheer mischief or crass ignorance. Your post shows how little or how matured you are irrespective of the chain of certificates you possess

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by cogbuagu: 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ok
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by successmatters(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
zik4ever:
I am compelled to intervene in the needless exchanges between some Igbo and Yoruba commentators online. I am not from either of the tribes but I have friends from both and my younger sister is married to a Yoruba man while my younger brother is married to an Igbo lady. Both marriages are wonderful. There are other people who have inter-married across both tribes and I am sure there are people like me who have friends from both tribes. A few ethnic jingoists are just bent on inciting ancient hatred. I hope we don't pass this poison to the next generation. May the love and grace of God bring forgiveness, healing, understanding and unity among us. Every little issue is reduced to Igbo vs Yoruba and vice versa. We need to move on and unite against social injustice, criminality, poverty, unemployment, bad governance and the antics of politicians who exploit our differences to feather their nest. We are unique and different but we don't have to be divisive and disagreeable. Sometimes it is so childish. At other times, these sentiments are whipped up out of sheer mischief or crass ignorance. Your post shows how little or how matured you are irrespective of the chain of certificates you possess

Igbos are just trying to counter the age long negative propaganda heaped on them by the lagos ibadan express journalism since 1960, we are just trying to change the narrative of mischievous tribal writers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by duncun: 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by BOOZELEE: 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
Why didn't he say dis before elections?Him,his wife and supporters were busy playing tribal politics for dia selfish interest so that they can keep on milking Lagos.

The sufixicated ad accommodators should take note becos dia boullion van god and savior has spoken..when he says yes no cone head can say no,even alafin oyo ad oni of ife

No afonja man ad his fada dead or alive is worthy to untie his shoe. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by duncun: 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by successmatters(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
duncun:
Gone are those days Yoruba's control the media and propel the propaganda against the Igbo tribe while igbos go about their business and not taking them serious. They may own the media houses, but we will out of our leisure counter all the negative narratives on the igbos.

Their propaganda nearly made me believe Igbos are bad. Until I saw Soka forest grin

2 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by VirginFinder: 6:03pm On Mar 09, 2019
True.
They should just stay clear of our politics.
That's all!
Otherwise, we'll have to cut them to size from time to time... cool

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by ipodstinks: 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2019
Sure, nobody can disturb anybody but if you do anyhow, you see anyhow. Ask Other Africans in South Africa.
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by ipodstinks: 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2019
successmatters:

Igbos are just trying to counter the age long negative propaganda heaped on them by the lagos ibadan express journalism since 1960, we are just trying to change the narrative of mischievous tribal writers.
See victim mentality. Typical of osus

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by KAHBOOM: 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2019
The truth is that no Nigerian can stop another Nigerian from residing anywhere.

Lagos is the formal capital of Nigeria..It has bin governed by different tribes and race since its creation and 70 percent of it was built with oil money from the south.
Hausas own Abuja the sit of power in Nigeria and it has bin governed by different tribes even the yorubas but you can never hear an Hausa or gbayi man claim and drag Abuja like an Osun man claim and drag Lagos with other tribes calling demselves host and accomodators.
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by successmatters(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
ipodstinks:
See victim mentality. Typical of osus

From OsuN state grin
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by waledeji(m): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
And Tinubu is from Ondo State o

See his Jamb form below

Chei , The indigine of Lagos don suffer for tinubu family hand cheesy
Otondo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by Ziggylady(f): 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2019
Cone-headed urchins with tiger-clawed faces barking like underfed Chihuahuas are punching at walls regarding Igbos in Lagos..

When you lots are done wasting away on nairaland in the naming of "fighting Igbos,you can go back to either your criminal activities or on-line begging..

For as long as this country exists,Igbos will go and thrive anywhere in Nigeria they deem fit,including the former Capital Lagos...Developed by Oil money,Expatriates,and other tribes..

Na so the matter be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by duncun: 5:51am On Mar 10, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by Paxie55: 5:57am On Mar 10, 2019
Tinubu, you are also a stranger in Lagos just like Igbos.

You and your thugs have succeeded in disenfranchising Igbos.
Igbos, I hope you guys are learning how to be violent in your land too.
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by deomelo: 6:03am On Mar 10, 2019
KAHBOOM:
The truth is that no Nigerian can stop another Nigerian from residing anywhere.

Lagos is the formal capital of Nigeria..It has bin governed by different tribes and race since its creation and 70 percent of it was built with oil money from the south.
Hausas own Abuja the sit of power in Nigeria and it has bin governed by different tribes even the yorubas but you can never hear an Hausa or gbayi man claim and drag Abuja like an Osun man claim and drag Lagos with other tribes calling demselves host and accomodators.

Ignorant as usual. grin grin
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by deomelo: 6:11am On Mar 10, 2019
igbodefender:
Political leader of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has revealed that his political leadership cannot stop Igbos and other Nigerians from settling in Lagos, because they are not a threat.

Speaking after casting his vote in the Lagos Governorship elections, Tinubu sought to douse recent tensions in the state which he controls.

“We will continue to welcome everybody to Lagos State. We cannot stop people from coming to the state. If Lagos is not good enough, they won’t come.

He continued, “If the state is plagued with disease or insecurity or unemployment, people won’t come.

He concluded, “Those leaving their states to come to Lagos are welcome, they are not a threat.”

Source: http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2019/03/09/why-we-cannot-stop-igbos-others-from-settling-in-lagos-tinubu/

Asiwaju, you are on point.

If other people feel like deserting their villages to work and slave in Lagos to keep helping us develop Lagos at the expense of their own towns and villages and even their own future generation, no problem. At the end of the day, we all sabi our daddy's name and if some people finally end up with their biafra, they are free to go back to their biafra village empty handed since they can not uproot Lagos and joint it to biafra.

For now, we need the migrant labor and development money

grin grin
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by Day169: 6:51am On Mar 10, 2019
..words from a master tactician and political strategist!
He's simply saying that no matter how many non indigenes who settle in Lagos, are in the opposition, they remain infinitesimal when compared to those in his camp. ("won kere si number wa")
But wait till the elections are over, 'una go see weeenn'!
Re: Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu by deomelo: 7:03am On Mar 10, 2019
Day169:
..words from a master tactician and political strategist!
He's simply saying that no matter how many non indigenes who settle in Lagos, are in the opposition, they remain infinitesimal when compared to those in his camp. ("won kere si number wa"wink
But wait till the elections are over, 'una go see weeenn'!

And he just proved it.

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Wins In South African Court Member's Released / Uzodinma Once Accused Of Forgery & Infecting Godwin Ekenulo's Wife With AIDS / VIDEO: URHOBOS ARE NOT PART OF NNAMDI KANU'S SECURITY OUTFIT – MAGNUS ORAKA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.