Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Election: Man killed at APC guber residence in Nsukka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election: Man killed at APC guber residence in Nsukka (392 Views)

Osun Election: Man Collects 7k From APC, Votes PDP (Pictures) / Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire / Ekiti Election : Man Destroys His Permanent Voters Card (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Election: Man killed at APC guber residence in Nsukka by megist80: 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
The police in Enugu has confirmed the death of a young man shot in the residence of APC guber candidate in Enugu.
Election

Enugu Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ebere Amaraizu who confirmed the death however said police was yet to determine if the deceased was a party agent or an observer.

However, reports from Umuida Enugu Ezike, Igboeze North LGA of Enugu State says the victim was an indigene and gave his name as Onuora Odo from Igogoro Enugu Ezike.

Meanwhile a statement from the Enugu Police Headquarters says investigation into the illing has long commenced.

Circumstances leading to the killing has however remained hazy

Reactions of the elections

Speaking with newsmen Mr Evans Omeje, candidate of All Progressive Congress in Nsukka East state constituency contesting for house of assembly said he withdrew from the election in compliance of directive of his party in the state.

Omeje alleged that APC in Enugu State was prevented by security agencies and Central Bank of Nigeria, Enugu branch from inspecting sensitive materials sent by INEC to Enugu State.

“I pulled out from the election in compliance with my state party directive.

“My party APC directed all the party candidates in Enugu State to pull out of today election.

“APC will take legal process to seek for cancellation of today governorship and state assembly election in Enugu State ,” he said.
When contacted the APC secretary in Enugu State Mr Robert Eze confirmed that the party leadership in the state directed all its candidates to pull out from the election as he alleged PDP, the ruling party in the state had hijackrd the election materials and there was no need participating in the election.

However, Mr Emma Ugwuerua PDP candidate for Nsukka West state constituency said the election was peaceful and orderly.
He however expressed doubt that APC boycotted the election noting some APC party agents were in various polling units in the constituency.

” I doubt if all APC candidates pulled out because some of their party agents are in some polling units even in the unit I voted.

“I am happy that the election is peaceful, free and fair.
” I am optimistic I will win and all PDP candidates will win because we campaigned door to door in the state ,” he said.

Gist Via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/election-man-killed-at-apc-guber-residence-in-nsukka/

Cc ;lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique

Re: Election: Man killed at APC guber residence in Nsukka by megist80: 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
angry
Re: Election: Man killed at APC guber residence in Nsukka by Nairatrenders: 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2019
grin died for people who Will betray him

(1) (Reply)

APC Lawmaker In Plateau, Afon Dies After Winning Polls / The Fall Of Gangaduya By Corrinthians / Buhari Probably Poorer Than In 2015 - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.