Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,698 members, 7,955,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) (49645 Views)

Wike Attributes Low Turnout Of Voters To Outcome Of Presidential Election / Low Turnout Of Voters Mar LG Election In Lagos / Massive Turnout For Okorocha's Senatorial Flag Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by Femijohn198: 9:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
government should make policy to control population of birth rate in the north.
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2019
StOla:

So hardworking is why we don't go out to vote in the South, only to lament that joblessness and rigging resulted to high votes in the North?

Yes when you have so much to lose, you stay back when the politicians use violence, let me now, I voted presidency, with the tension in my unit last week, I couldn’t go today, I have a life to live, you can’t vote Alaba, Computer village, Wharf, ladipo and so on big boys to stand on the queue for miscreants who have no life to come and kill them or cause damage to them, how do you see it?.. until the security issue is fixed, the illiterate who have nothing to lose will be the ones with the large vote turnout.

Just like in school then, when there is confraternity war, the poor ones and uninformed ones go
Down for it. The big boys run away. Who roll, who do the killings, the daft and poor chaps
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by maasoap(m): 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
kenbee:
truth be told, Northerners participate in voting system than the southerners but the federal government is to be blamed for the vote apathy in the south. Here in River State, it was heavily militarized as if we are about to go to war

Just imagine Rivers state without the presence of adequate security and enough soldiers, too many deaths from the hands of politicians' thugs would have been recorded.
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by yayankainuwa: 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
angry grin
ofiko123:
Almajiris everywhere..
grin
ofiko123:
Almajiris everywhere..
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by maasoap(m): 9:28pm On Mar 09, 2019
tegrianonigltd:

Yes when you have so much to lose, you stay back when the politicians use violence, let me now, I voted presidency, with the tension in my unit last week, I couldn’t go today, I have a life to live, you can’t vote Alaba, Computer village, Wharf, ladipo and so on big boys to stand on the queue for miscreants who have no life to come and kill them or cause damage to them, how do you see it?.. until the security issue is fixed, the illiterate who have nothing to lose will be the ones with the large vote turnout.

Continue giving useless reasons for voting apathy down South, just don't come here and be shouting there is rigging in the North
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by onecrate: 9:28pm On Mar 09, 2019
tegrianonigltd:

Next time say Hardworking south, not the illiterate north where joblessness is a deal, do you know in the north or as a northerner, they don’t have freedom as Yoruba or Igbo give to their boys or girls that served under them?? In north, you serve oga till you die, I mean DIE, no freedom. Except they travel to Lagos or anyother place to hustle, but you serve oga till you die, once you wan marry, the oga buy bed, stove for you. North is drawing the commerce brain of the south backward.
And where did you get this your stupid theory from. We are more politically astute than you guys deal with it.
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by onecrate: 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
Femijohn198:
government should make policy to control population of birth rate in the north.
Keep hating. U go dy alright last last.
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by dreyton(m): 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
See how them many, I pray for a better nigeria
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
I disagree with the OP; voter turn out in Kano is also not all that high but may still be higher than the national average.
Nigerians seemed to have given the just concluded presidential election much more importance - the fear of possible Atiku presidency and bitter campaign by his supporters, especially from the SE; seemed to have galvanised most of PMB supporters to come out and vote to guarantee his victory.

On the other hand, I would not be surprised if the backlash of the Dollar bribery tapes cost Ganduje and APC the governorship seat - which will be an affirmation of the sophistication of Kano and by extension northern voters in general.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by sunnyflakes(m): 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2019
Kano has been liberated from the thieving Gandollar. It is #AbbaGidaGida everywhere.
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2019
maasoap:

Continue giving useless reasons for voting apathy down South, just don't come here and be shouting there is rigging in the North

Na facts, basic truth, deal with it, I will stand under one useless abuja sun, only for abuja thugs to start rubbish with dagger abi ?? You try, who will inherit my house and other things, God bless I better sleep, than one Aboki who know how to trek with cow from Lagos to sokoto who can endure the sun and hostile environment
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by CheapDataGuy: 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2019
kenbee:
truth be told, Northerners participate in voting system than the southerners but the federal government is to be blamed for the vote apathy in the south. Here in River State, it was heavily militarized as if we are about to go to war

Despite being militarized, una people still they kill their selves, now imagine no army and police there
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by Asour: 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

Kano elections are often peculiar.

It's rare to see close contests. It often happens that it's a landslide.

These particular Guber elections are going to be interesting. If not for Ganduje's bribery scandal, he would have won hands down

Really ? (Read:Sacarstically) So the Northerners are this shrewd politically?

Some people try to have us believe that they are always herds tossed at will by political bigwigs.

good to know.
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by ThisTrend(f): 10:54pm On Mar 09, 2019
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by Asour: 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2019
Bighead9:
The North always lead while other regions follow. This is why, the North will always determine who rules this Country. grin

The North do not ALWAYS determine who rules the country though. that's a Mistake many make.
Actually No single region can— singlehandedly— determine who wins a presidential election by supporting a particular candidate.

There has to be an alignment by at least 2 Major groups and maybe a few other groups, it seems.

Don't take my word for it Consider that in 2011, despite an Overwhelming support from both the NE and NW GZs (North Central numbers were not that substantial) the current President failed to win the elections. He was only able to win after soliciting the support of another Major group in the Country (SW).

It's a mistake many still make. In other words, contrary to widely held opinions, the North does not win general elections on ITS OWN. Winning support from other groups appears to be the more effective strategy.

P.S. This Analysis assumes that the practice of ethnic/regional sentiments continues to be widespread in our voting patterns(Not that I think it is right).
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by MrBONE2(m): 11:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
Charmingrascal:
Northerners the only people who understand politics.

No record of killing in any Northern States yet the call them illiterates meanwhile the so called educated Souths have been killing themselves from Presidential to Governorship election it's been bloodbath, see Rivers, See IMO, See Akwa Ibom. It is a pity
Atiku and Buhari are from the North yet their people are not killing themselves for any politician.

I am North, a Nigerian.

grin
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by MNDY(m): 12:07am On Mar 10, 2019
Sheriman:
Electioneering no be play for North OOOOO. Dem go come out con VOTE like d way Sperm take dey come out from An Active Dick during ejaculation..

I couldn't have said it more accurately. I conducted elections in the north as a copper. The Hausas take politics very serious...I mean very very serious!

1 Like

Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by mindtricks: 2:06am On Mar 10, 2019
StOla:
The lazy South voting on twitter would soon say the North rigged an election that is statewide and not national.

As for those who say they did not vote today because their presidential candidate lost, maybe they thought today's vote is for the same candidates and positions as 2weeks ago?

The same Kano where Atiku of PDP was rejected in favour of Buhari, is now giving PDP more votes than 2weeks ago. It shows that the candidate matters in the choice made by the electorate. Atiku should take a nap in shame.

Besides, it is very normal to have voter apathy having recently cast a losing vote. And the losing party did not even do anything during the 2weeks interval to motivate its supporters to vote.
Some basic truths missing in this my dear.
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by bravozulu: 5:01am On Mar 10, 2019
kenbee:
Then people there should eschew violence......
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by IvarTheBoneless: 6:35am On Mar 10, 2019
Asour:

Really ? (Read:Sacarstically) So the Northerners are this shrewd politically?

Some people try to have us believe that they are always herds tossed at will by political bigwigs.

good to know.

Your point being ?
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by Ryabcool(m): 6:43am On Mar 10, 2019
kenbee:
when it wasn't militarized in 2015, see what thugs and militants did to human beings in Rivers. Rivers of Blood didn't come out of thin air. If they were peaceful, the military wouldn't be needed.
Re: See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) by Emma1Oj(m): 8:04am On Mar 10, 2019
These are the people/states that takes elections seriously not s/s, s/e or s/w. All they do is play football why election are ongoing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sex Party: El-Rufai's Son's House Should Also Be Demolished - Reno Omokri / Day 2 Protest: Borno Residents Defy Curfew, Storm Street (pix) / Patience Jonathan, Obasanjo At Burial Of Umahi’s Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.