Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo (38914 Views)

Edo guber: Confusion as LGA returning officers declare Dekeri APC candidate / Ebenezer Babatope: INEC Should Stop Using Professors As Returning Officers / INEC Admits Error In Vote Collation In Osun Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by ijustdey: 9:30pm On Mar 09, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Imo State, has sacked all its trained collation and returning officers and has replaced them with fresh hands.

But the INEC officials in the state including the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Chukwuemeka Ezeonu, and the body’s spokesperson, Emannuella Opara, have refused to either confirm nor deny the development.

The ad-hoc staff, who were recruited across the higher institutions in the state, were accused of compromising the electoral process during the presidential and National Assembly elections two weeks ago.

The INEC did not announce their sack until this morning when fresh hands were brought into the state from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State.

However, due to a shortage of the required number needed, INEC is currently sieving its earlier lists to recruit those found worthy.

PREMIUM TIMES reported on Friday that the commission had complained that many of its ad-hoc staff colluded with politicians to frustrate the last elections.

When PREMIUM TIMES visited the INEC office on Saturday, the affected returning and collation officers gathered in their hundreds, blaming the electoral body for delaying the announcement of their sack till the last minute.

One of the affected officers, who asked not to be named, said they were shocked to be told to go home on the day of the election at about the time they were supposed to leave for their various duty posts.

The source said; “Normally as collation officers or returning officers, our duty starts between 3 and 4 p.m.; but we received instructions in the morning at the state INEC office.

“Unfortunately we resumed here this morning and found out that the list had been changed and that new people from Anambra State have been engaged. We protested but we were teargassed.

“Since then we have been waiting here to really know what our fate would be. But it is almost 7 p.m. and they are just very few among us to join those from Anambra.”

When Premium Times tried to speak to INEC Commissioner, he said he was busy and did not pick his phone. He did not also reply to a message sent to the phone, ditto the spokesperson.

As at the time of filing this report, the sacked officers are seated in their hundreds on the main road in front of INEC office along Port Harcourt Road in Owerri, the state capital.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/318951-inec-sacks-collation-returning-officers-in-imo.html

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Wizygreat12: 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
Good News because we no trust Okorowase

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ibeberism won't be in good feelings right now grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by lilianofentse(f): 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Xisnin(m): 10:54pm On Mar 09, 2019
Wizygreat12:

kingemzy5:
Ibeberism won't be in good feelings right now grin

Are you sure he didn't influence the sacking?

8 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by AngelHoly(m): 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
Imo state....

Hmmm as far dat Okorocha is alive there will be nothing gud
to write abt the state...cos he wan turn to Jagaban of imo
State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
Fire
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by dingbang(m): 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
They have put their own people.. Mention the party you suspect.
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:09pm On Mar 09, 2019
Good! No more iberiberism!
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2019
Good
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Thisis2raw(m): 11:11pm On Mar 09, 2019

1 Like

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by 2blessed01(m): 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
...GOOD NEWS!
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by SmartPolician: 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
INEC, do whatever you like in Imo State
But I don't want inconclusive election
Imo State must move ahead with the rest of the county

5 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by IloveToMess: 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2019
Rocha's want to rig by fire by force. I'm sure he is the one that removed the men. God help us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by AgamaHub: 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2019
You see this country ehn!

"Earn 200 to 300 dollars daily working from home

No Experience Required

Just Copy and Paste

Work From Home

Work 2 – 3 Hours Daily

Click HERE to Apply Now its FREE

1 Like

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Akosbaba(m): 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2019
Welcome development
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Jossy4luv1(m): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2019
All is well
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2019
AngelHoly:
Imo state....

Hmmm as far dat Okorocha is alive there will be nothing gud
to write abt the state...cos he wan turn to Jagaban of imo
State

Dem no born am well .

Jagaban ko, Jaskaran ni

Even if Tinubu come Imo state , we go yeye am.

1 Like

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Abagworo(m): 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
Wizygreat12:

I don't know who's deceiving most of you making comments. Go check history of Nairaland and notice I've never lost in my political choice because I do thorough research. Ugwumba Uche Nwosu of Action Alliance is cruising home clearly to victory based on what was observed on ground and I wonder if change of INEC officials can subvert the choice of Imo people.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by biosilicon: 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2019
Nyama nyama election.
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Asshurbanipali: 11:34pm On Mar 09, 2019
We sent our team from Awka to replace fraudulent team compromised by Okoroawusa. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by mikaelangelov: 11:34pm On Mar 09, 2019
hahaha, Worthy is the lamb, Lamb of Calvary

Worthy ko, warri ni
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by chikachuks1(m): 11:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
Who we go ask biko nu
Una better go and get a job by click here
APPLY NOW!
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Whois(m): 11:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
Most of them will end up doing free work for inec. Lol

2 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by IloveToMess: 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2019
Abagworo:

I don't know who's deceiving most of you making comments. Go check history of Nairaland and notice I've never lost in my political choice because I do thorough research. Ugwumba Uche Nwosu of Action Alliance is cruising home clearly to victory based on what was observed on ground and I wonder if change of INEC officials can subvert the choice of Imo people.

Don't be silly mr man I don't Even think you are from IMO cos if you are you won't be making this stupid comment. Uche Nwosu may not even come 3rd in this race. It's between Emeka and Hope that's all. IMO people have spoken.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Asshurbanipali: 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2019
Abagworo is a poor hungry paid propagandist. His duty is to come online everyday to lie to Imolites that are not living in Imo state. The results i have seen so far on Facebook and Twitter are favouring Emeka.

IloveToMess:

Don't be silly mr man I don't Even think you are from IMO cos if you are you won't be making this stupid comment. Uche Nwosu may not even come 3rd in this race. It's between Emeka and Hope that's all. IMO people have spoken.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by semasir: 11:54pm On Mar 09, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by OsusuBishop(m): 11:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
Scam alert! !! !!!
Dear NairaLanders,

Whatever you do here kindly avoid this creature. He's a scammer with areas of specialty to include: SME data, blog/web creating etc.

Name: AMINULLAHI ABDULWAHEED
Phone #: 08122659344
Account # 2116086231
Bank UBA

Please do not deal with him. I repeat, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM

Kindly share until hand touch this idiot.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by RealityShot: 12:13am On Mar 10, 2019
That INEC official should be given a national Merit Award for this Act!

this is true Patriotism!

i Salute you Sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by Orangina(m): 12:15am On Mar 10, 2019
For whatever Conspiracy about Okorocha , i still rate him high, He gave Free Education in the Land. Ask anybody,In fact Imo state records highest number of JAMB REGISTERING NATION-WIDE. EVERYBODY BENEFITED IN THE FREE EDUCATIONAL SCHEME. I STILL RATE HIM HIGH!

4 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Collation, Returning Officers In Imo by shuttox: 12:23am On Mar 10, 2019
Orangina:
For whatever Conspiracy about Okorocha , i still rate him high, He gave Free Education in the Land. Ask anybody,In fact Imo state records highest number of JAMB REGISTERING NATION-WIDE. EVERYBODY BENEFITED IN THE FREE EDUCATIONAL SCHEME. I STILL RATE HIM HIGH!
See what you are talking about...lmaoooo

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Obanikoro, Issoufou, Niger President Today In Abuja [photos[ / NANS President Promise President Buhari 20 Million Votes, Nigerians React / "Donald Trump May Pull US From Fight Against Boko Haram In Nigeria" - Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.