Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! (2149 Views)

For Sale: Used 1.5HP Split Unit LG Airconditioner ( Photos) / 1.5HP Samsung Split Unit AC ,35K / My Nexus Split Unit AC Outdoor Unit Trips Off Every 10 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by Davedoz(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2019
Please guys I need your suggestion on my own AC issues.
- I bought 2pcs 1hp Split unit Midea ACs about 3 weeks ago. It came with free installation. So the sellers came to install it.
- We noticed that the both AC aren't working properly after 2 weeks of usage.
- I invited the installers again to come check it. They claimed my light was low. Checked gas and all. And concluded that the culprit is the low voltage. Adviced me to separate the two AC on the breaker, using 30amps for each. And I should buy stabilizers for each AC. WOW!
- I just bought 2 pcs of 5KVA Stabilizer, and did the breaker thing as they adviced.
- Now the ACs can work better. But they can't work at the same time. I am very confused right now. If you put on only one of the AC it works perfectly. Cools well. Immediately you put on the 2nd. The other stops cooling. Keeps blowing non-cooling air (i.e. only fan works)
- I've invited the installers again. I await their arrival next week. But I doubt they'll have solutions to this. Or I see them blaming my Voltage again.

PLEASE ADVISE ME, PLEASE
Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2019
you see that your AC needs hmmm a sperate wire connection from your own phcn meter, without any load on it. The AC will run perfectly. Make sure you source it differently.

1 Like

Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by wolero7(m): 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2019
Rikon:
you see that your AC needs hmmm a sperate wire connection from your own phcn meter, without any load on it. The AC will run perfectly. Make sure you source it differently.
Seconded
Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by Davedoz(m): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
Rikon:

Thanks for your suggestion. Really appreciate it.
Now the issue is that we don't use a meter here. The Landlord claimed he has requested but PHCN are yet to supply. We just pay a fixed fee monthly.

What I actually have are wires from the pole and 3 phases were created (i.e. I have 3 phase)

So please, help me, explain further. With my situation explained above. How should I go about it. So I can effectively relay the info to my electrician.

Thanks.
Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
Davedoz:

Thanks for your suggestion. Really appreciate it.
Now the issue is that we don't use a meter here. The Landlord claimed he has requested but PHCN are yet to supply. We just pay a fixed fee monthly.

What I actually have are wires from the pole and 3 phases were created (i.e. I have 3 phase)

So please, help me, explain further. With my situation explained above. How should I go about it. So I can effectively relay the info to my electrician.

Thanks.
OK you three phase sperately... Look for an experienced electrician tell him to draw current from the phase with wire for AC I think 2.5mm wire not sure, from the phase you always have current on it, with no additional load on the wire only the AC sperately. Thank u

1 Like

Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by Davedoz(m): 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2019
Rikon:
OK you three phase sperately... Look for an experienced electrician tell him to draw current from the phase with wire for AC I think 2.5mm wire not sure, from the phase you always have current on it, with no additional load on the wire only the AC sperately. Thank u

THANKS A LOT

I'm just seeing this. We're already on course to do exactly as you just explained. Work has been scoped and quotation given.

Will implement it immediately I have funds.
Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by Davedoz(m): 10:20pm On Mar 27, 2019
Rikon:

I just did this today. Spent 8k to buy everything plus
225amp change over. Still not working cry cry cry

Even the somotex engineers suggested the same thing when they came. But it's still not working. cry
Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 28, 2019
Davedoz:

I just did this today. Spent 8k to buy everything plus
225amp change over. Still not working cry cry cry

Even the somotex engineers suggested the same thing when they came. But it's still not working. cry
if you have done all this thing then that mean the Ac is faulty... Return it back to your supplier plsss

3 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by Davedoz(m): 11:53am On Mar 28, 2019
Rikon:
if you have done all this thing then that mean the Ac is faulty... Return it back to your supplier plsss

I totally agree with you.... But which one is faulty. As they both work, when working alone and not when both are on.
Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by maxdozie(m): 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
Are they 2 separate A.c or 2in1 ??
Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by Davedoz(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2019
2 separate ACs. One in the sitting room. One in the room.
Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by Davedoz(m): 8:28am On May 01, 2019
Guys an update I should have given a long time ago. The both ACs have been working perfectly since I separated the wiring. Felt I owed it to the house and other peeps that will be looking for solution like this.

A big thanks for all your advise and inputs. Thanks a lot, Nairalanders came through for me.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by agabusta: 6:44am On May 25, 2020
Davedoz:
Guys an update I should have given a long time ago. The both ACs have been working perfectly since I separated the wiring. Felt I owed it to the house and other peeps that will be looking for solution like this.

A big thanks for all your advise and inputs. Thanks a lot, Nairalanders came through for me.

How far with your Midea ACs? Are they still working perfectly? I'm considering the product. What do you think?
Re: 3 Weeks Old 1hp Midea Split Unit Not Working! Help! by dangoteinlaw: 12:26pm On May 25, 2020
which supplier go collect am back, especially if he bought from those alaba thieves they will fight him on top. Run away from china products una say no say china done dey come up. Okay oo

Ps:the ac might not be chinese but there are trusted brands when it comes to electronics, even when they give u problem it will be manageable. My Samsung now the problem is that gas finishes on time but it works fine even on low current. So i just leave am there, whenever I'm ready i put gas use it for the 6weeks span then leave it there.

(1) (Reply)

Used samsung S10e For Sale / Sold. Sold / sold....sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.