Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please (4473 Views)

INSTANT BUY, HONDA EOD NEEDED / Sell Or Buy Honda And Acura Easily By Whatsapp Click / Sell Or Buy Honda And Acura Fast By Whatsap Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by Smartwave: 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
All my life, have been using cars, I want to upgrade to SUV and I'm in love with Honda Pilot particularly 2005 or 2006 model. Please, what are the prons of this SUV Cost of maintenance, availability of spare parts and fuel consumption. Is it advisable for SUV first timer? Please Honda Gurus I need you advice.
Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by ShenTeh(m): 12:17am On Mar 10, 2019
Smartwave:
All my life, have been using cars, I want to upgrade to SUV and I'm in love with Honda Pilot particularly 2005 or 2006 model. Please, what are the prons of this SUV Cost of maintenance, availability of spare parts and fuel consumption. Is it advisable for SUV first timer? Please Honda Gurus I need you advice.

From cars to 2005 Pilot.

I have one. Great drive, but the fuel consumption is going to make you wish otherwise.

Parts are everywhere. Rarely (in my case, never,) breaks down. Apart from servicing, in 14 months of ownership, I have done practically no repairs.

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by jideflash(m): 12:50am On Mar 10, 2019
Same thing. Great car, poor mpg
Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by greggng: 1:19am On Mar 10, 2019
Smartwave:

Contact me when you need a good one

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by Smartwave: 1:34am On Mar 10, 2019
ShenTeh:

From cars to 2005 Pilot.

I have one. Great drive, but the fuel consumption is going to make you wish otherwise.

Parts are everywhere. Rarely breakers down. Apart from servicing, in 14 months of ownership, I have done no major repairs.
thanks so much, but how bad is the fuel consumption pls?
Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by Smartwave: 1:35am On Mar 10, 2019
jideflash:
Same thing. Great car, poor mpg
poor mpg More explanation pls.
Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by Smartwave: 1:36am On Mar 10, 2019
greggng:

Contact me when you need a good one
noted sir
Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by djbazz(m): 1:36am On Mar 10, 2019
Very bad fuel sucker.... But its a wonderful car

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by Tocynone(m): 7:10am On Mar 10, 2019
Fuel consumption is bad, as in not good. I use 3k fuel on my former car (Toyota Avensis) a week but my Honda Pilot 2003 consumes 4k and even more. I even bought the 2003 model because of low fuel consumption as advised compared to later years models. The great aspect of the car is I have not spend a dime on repairs since 2017 till date except normal servicing. It's a very good car if you won't mind the fuel consumption

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by laptopsale(m): 7:24am On Mar 10, 2019
Tocynone:
Fuel consumption is bad, as in not good. I use 3k fuel on my former car (Toyota Avensis) a week but my Honda Pilot 2003 consumes 4k and even more. I even bought the 2003 model because of low fuel consumption as advised compared to later years models. The great aspect of the car is I have not spend a dime on repairs since 2017 till date except normal servicing. It's a very good car if you won't mind the fuel consumption
Nigerians and fuel, a car that takes 4k fuel a week is never a sucker.
We are concerned about fuel consumption and that is why we are always advising new car buyers to go for Toyota.
pilot is a nice car and the fuel consumption is same as any other SUV of its size.

5 Likes

Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by DonEd(m): 7:33am On Mar 10, 2019
laptopsale:
Nigerians and fuel, a car that takes 4k fuel a week is never a sucker.
We are concerned about fuel consumption and that is why we are always advising new car buyers to for Toyota.
pilot is a nice car and the fuel consumption is same as any other SUV of its size.
I don't totally agree with u bro.
The fuel consumption of the Honda Pilot isn't same as other SUVs in its category.

But the truth is, its an SUV and u shouldn't expect the fuel consumption to be as a saloon car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by laptopsale(m): 7:49am On Mar 10, 2019
DonEd:

I don't totally agree with u bro.
The fuel consumption of the Honda Pilot isn't same as other SUVs in its category.

But the truth is, its an SUV and u shouldn't expect the fuel consumption to be as a saloon car.
pitch the 2006 pilot against 2006 Xterra and Pathfinder then tell me Pilot is a sucker

4 Likes

Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by Smartwave: 8:30am On Mar 10, 2019
Tocynone:
4k or more / week is not so bad. The main thing is your confirmation of the car been good and durable. Thanks so much, fuel is not much of my concern, as I have other small car for town runnings.
Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by laptopsale(m): 9:49am On Mar 10, 2019
Smartwave:
4k or more / week is not so bad. The main thing is your confirmation of the car been good and durable. Thanks so much, fuel is not much of my concern, as I have other small car for town runnings.
Good one brother, Pilot is a solid car and you won't regret owning one.

1 Like

Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by woodrow(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2019
4k fuel is 28litres.
If you use that in a week,it means everyday,u only use your car from ikeja to Maryland and back.and yet you claim its a fuel sucker,did u expect to use 28liters in one month? some pple just like to dash into threads anyhow.
How can you compare fuel usage of a a 4plug engine with a V6 suv? Did u even consider the weight?

Op,the Honda pilot is a very reliable car.if you get a good one you would enjoy it.a lot of people use it as a daily car not to talk of u that intend to use it sparingly. I wanted to also recommend a Volvo xc but u seem to have ur mind made up with the pilot..

I. Hate this follow the crowd syndrome that's why I prefer to be different with the Volvo.Do get the pilot,dnt forget due diligence and proper inspection.Enjoy!

4 Likes

Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by Smartwave: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2019
Smartwave:
thanks so much brother, I love Volvo BUT I based in between southwest and far North, so I really consider availability of spare parts and mechanics. I don't live in Lagos, I'm a deep V6 lover from day one. And moreso, I always believe SUV cannot be use as taxi.
woodrow:
4k fuel is 28litres.
If you use that in a week,it means everyday,u only use your car from ikeja to Maryland and back.and yet you claim its a fuel sucker,did u expect to use 28liters in one month? some pple just like to dash into threads anyhow.
How can you compare fuel usage of a a 4plug engine with a V6 suv? Did u even consider the weight?

Op,the Honda pilot is a very reliable car.if you get a good one you would enjoy it.a lot of people use it as a daily car not to talk of u that intend to use it sparingly. I wanted to also recommend a Volvo xc but u seem to have ur mind made up with the pilot..

I. Hate this follow the crowd syndrome that's why I prefer to be different with the Volvo.Do get the pilot,dnt forget due diligence and proper inspection.Enjoy!
thanks so much brother, I love Volvo BUT I based in between southwest and far North, so I really consider availability of spare parts and mechanics. I don't live in Lagos, I'm a deep V6 lover from day one. And moreso, I always believe SUV cannot be use as taxi. And thanks for your advice - sincerely, I'm going for Toks not Nigeria used.

3 Likes

Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by PrinceDave001(m): 3:39pm On May 04, 2021
@Smartwave, Bro did you get the 2005 pilot? How is it holding up? A quick review on it will be helpful as I'm presently in the same situation now.
Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by Smartwave: 5:36pm On May 08, 2021
PrinceDave001:
@Smartwave, Bro did you get the 2005 pilot? How is it holding up? A quick review on it will be helpful as I'm presently in the same situation now.
no please, I was advised against doing so. I go for Highlander 03. I never regret it. Honda pilot lack resale value.
Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by greggng: 5:57pm On May 08, 2021
Tocynone:

Do u have catalyst in that car? If your heart was removed , can you still function well?
Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by Dare0001: 9:09am On May 09, 2021
greggng:

Do u have catalyst in that car? If your heart was removed , can you still function well?
Does catalysts converter reduce fuel consumption??
Re: Want To Buy Honda Pilot As First SUV, Need Advice Please by Shakur94(m): 5:48am On Aug 14, 2022
But Avensis is a four plug vehicle compared with the V6 of Pilot,you should be comparing highlander and Pilot not with a car with smaller engine.

(1) (Reply)

»»» Neat Acura TL 04 @ N1.68M Negotiable ««« / Tincan Cleared 2008 Honda Pilot / 2005 Nissan Pathfinder Le 4wd Pre-ordered By Jodeci- A Carsngr+bizbooks Collabo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.